Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WH40k stories present on HumbleBundle

books

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

havlar

havlar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 46 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

Exactly what it says on the tin: there are some ebooks (in epub & similar formats) that can be bought on HumbleBundle site

tiers are 1 / 10 / 18 USD.

https://www.humblebu...k-library-books

From time HB also drops WH/WH40k related games, other ebooks etc.

PS.

I didn't know whether to post the message here or in 'The Black Library' subsection. Decided to put in here to reach wider crowd, but move it if I was wrong in my judgement smile.png

Edited by havlar, 20 April 2021 - 12:55 AM.

• Firedrake Cordova likes this

gallery_45765_12339_61967.png

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,259 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Okay, does anyone read 40k epubs on computers?

If so, what reader do you use? I think I tried three of the top five recommended readers, and none of them allowed me to actually read the full page. I've seen lots of people lament the loss of 40k E-pubs; personally, I feel like every penny I ever spent on them was wasted, humble bundle or not.

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,164 posts
I use Azardi
  • Dosjetka likes this

gallery_48988_15465_50871.pnggallery_48988_6285_19365.pnggallery_48988_15465_13594.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_4327.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png sml_gallery_48988_16045_1076.png sml_gallery_48988_16053_7077.png gallery_48988_10069_385.png

Check out my current and past projects HERE Heralds of Devastation

Having a Hobby Clean-out, a bunch of stuff now on eBay

Giving Fiverr a go, model Painting, Assembly and Conversion Commissions available

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 382 posts
I've seen bundles like this, but I see little point in buying a random selection of books from a series and hoping half a year down the line they'd pick another few and not overlap. As for games, I've already have had the few 40K titles worth owning for ages. Compared to THQ's old titles, everything is B-grade at best, and most of them are worse.

Firedrake Cordova

Firedrake Cordova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,473 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

Okay, does anyone read 40k epubs on computers?

I use Calibre on the PC. I also use a Kobo hardware reader. smile.png

I've seen lots of people lament the loss of 40k E-pubs; personally, I feel like every penny I ever spent on them was wasted, humble bundle or not.

There are 2 epub formats GW use(d):

• EPUB3, which is a fixed layout format used for the codexes. In my experience, these do not play nice with Calibre (only tried a couple of the free painting guides from Black Library)
  • EPUB2, which supports variable layouts, and is a more common/standard format (e.g. Kobo uses kepub, which is standard epub with a wrapper). These play fine with Calibre.

The books in the bundle also come as PDF, and MOBI (Amazon's proprietary format for Kindles) - you get all 3 for each book.

Edited by Firedrake Cordova, 20 April 2021 - 12:38 PM.

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,259 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I tried Calibre, but I don't remember Azardi. I will look into both.

Appreciate the advice. 

lhg033

lhg033

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,451 posts

I tend to use the pdf version of any books/comics etc from the humble bundle on a PC and have a kindle for anything I want to move around with.

This bundle is a rare one in which I dont think I have any of them already. Not sure if I will get it mind. Does anyone have any recommendations for any of the books that are included  in this bundle?

gallery_20758_7799_19457.jpggallery_21629_2989_32489.gif

Firedrake Cordova

Firedrake Cordova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,473 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

Does anyone have any recommendations for any of the books that are included  in this bundle?

I haven't read any of them yet, but there are some opinion in the Reddit thread for the bundle: https://www.reddit.c...0_stories_2021/

• lhg033 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: books

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users