This picture of the Imperium magazine's exclusive Primaris Captain is what has inspired me to undertake this project. I theorize that at some point in the near future, a power sword and plasma pistol combo will become an available wargear option for Primaris Captains. As I am an avid collector of the second company, and Captain Aphael is depicted with those weapons on his official model, making a rubicon'd version of the character and playing him in matched play tournaments is something I'm very much interested in.
I'll be using a Primaris Captain as a basis of this kitbash, as you can see, the model already shares a lot of details with Captain Aphael already, notably the pose, the sword, the cape, and the loincloth. There are six main areas I want to work on to match Aphaels official model more.
1. The Kneepads need to be smoothed out, then cut into to that cross pattern from the official model.
2. The gun arm needs to both be moved out for a more open pose, and a weapon swap to a plasma pistol needs to be made.
3. The chest plate needs to be smoothed out, and greenstuff details applied to make the iconic nipple armour associated with the Blood Angels
4. The Backpack vents will be swapped with the eagle heads found in the firstborn commander kit.
5. This Shin Plate will have the Blood Angels chapter badge put on it to match the official model.
6. A head and shoulder pad swap from the Blood Angels tactical sprue will be made here.
Like most of us, I am one of those hobbyists with three or four projects on the go at once, by making a blog here about this project I am hoping it will keep me on track to get it done sometime this year. Any comments or suggestions are always appreciated.