Primaris conversion

Hello, I am completely new to the hobby but not new to the universe or it's rpgs. I am currently playing deathwatch by FFG with some friends of mine and we bought some primaris to represent our characters. However, I found the miniature didn't fit my character as much as I would like. Which brings me to the question, would deathsworn heads fit well enough on primaris to not look comical?

Using a web browser to search for all those terms brings up a lot of images, you mght find something there that mixes what you have in mind.  Do you want phobos, gravis or normal primaris models with the helmet, or something else like a cahracter model?  They look in my personal view as 'comical' as they do on their original models, ie not much difference - except where you put them on phobos (reivers/infiltrators) which look weirder because I'm not used to the much smaller shinguards.

The heads seem to look and fit fine.

Below is a link to a converted Ulrik, using Primaris body and Deathsworn helmet.

You might need to trim the Primaris body gorget a little, I don't have the heads, so I can't say.

MR.

The Marine heads didn’t change in size from classic Astartes to Primaris - the gorget did change though, so previous versions of the helmets don’t all sit cleanly in Primaris torsos.  I have used Mk 3 and Deathsworn helms on Primaris bodies and I think they work just fine.  I do shave down the gorgets some/all the way on models too though.

Phobos models require less/no shaving because their gorgets are already low/non-existent like the classic Astartes Mk armors were (until Mk8).

You should be able to find examples of helmet swaps for Primaris right here on B&C too - I know that there’s also some Imperial Fists I’ve seen with Mk3 helms on Aggressors that also looks really good IMO.

Below is a link to a converted Ulrik, using Primaris body and Deathsworn helmet.

MR.

That’s a 3rd party head, not from the Deathsworn kit.

As others have said the heads fit fine and there are many examples in various threads here. I’ve used Deathsworn heads on some upscale miii conversions from plague marines, which are roughly Primaris scale.

51123982117_64e6415681_o.jpg

50796975753_b8918e08f1_o.jpg

Triszin has one on a Phobos body:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/190803-triszins-wolvies-bgv-done-hounds-of-morkai-wip/?p=5654898

And so on

Edited by HvitrValdyr

I think the only folks that might have an issue with 3rd party bits would be GW, and even then, it might depend on the manager or where you are playing.  If it’s at Warhammer World, there might be a problem, because GW likes to take photos of stuff there, but otherwise I’d just ask the local community.

Personally, I liked converted stuff, and that helm looks pretty cool.

I actually just got a set of these heads this morning. I have a number of wolf skull heads from just about every 3rd Party and these are slightly bigger than any I've had before, (Puppets War, Zinge Industries), so they will be just fine for Primaris.