Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

For Vostroya!

Vostroya Astra Militarum Imperial Guard

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

The Mad Hermit

The Mad Hermit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 441 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

These are some of my all-time favorite Vostroyans I've yet seen. Incredibly well done.

It might not help you or be something you want to do but I protect my metal minis from chipping by giving them a coating of gloss varnish firstly... GWs 'Hard Coat' or whatever they call it now) because gloss varnish is typically thicker and more durable... then hitting it with an anti-shine spray or something.

I've actually found that a coat of pure Lahmian Medium over the gloss varnish actually dulls things down really well, but as always, it might take some experimenting to get results that you think are perfect.

• Inquisitor lorr likes this

What a long, strange trip it's been....

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,356 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists
Awesome work! Vostroyans are the one guard army I still kick myself for not getting a bunch of back when they were available and not over priced.

Inquisitor lorr

Inquisitor lorr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 124 posts

These are some of my all-time favorite Vostroyans I've yet seen. Incredibly well done.

It might not help you or be something you want to do but I protect my metal minis from chipping by giving them a coating of gloss varnish firstly... GWs 'Hard Coat' or whatever they call it now) because gloss varnish is typically thicker and more durable... then hitting it with an anti-shine spray or something.

I've actually found that a coat of pure Lahmian Medium over the gloss varnish actually dulls things down really well, but as always, it might take some experimenting to get results that you think are perfect.

Thanks so much for the kind words, and the handy tips. I’ll look into the varnishing - I had some bad experiences with varnishing models previously but think I’ll have an experiment.

Awesome work! Vostroyans are the one guard army I still kick myself for not getting a bunch of back when they were available and not over priced.

Thank you! Yes, they’re brilliant models (apart from the odd few), and the character is what made me love the models of old. There’s still a few knocking around on eBay for fairly decent prices, although it’s a bit hit and miss. I had a few leftover from way back when, and then collected various bits from eBay (but, as you say, generally at pretty high prices), and then made the snap decision to buy three platoons when they did the made to order a while back. I wasn’t really back in the hobby when I bought them, so was a bit speculative, but glad I did now!

I do need to rein in it a bit though, I have even more Kasrkin and Steel Legion to get through too...

Cheers

Lorr

Wulf Vengis

Wulf Vengis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,319 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
These are awesome. Amazing job.
The Lone Wolf Saga or The Lone Wolf Saga
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Orlath83

Inquisitor lorr

Inquisitor lorr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 124 posts
Five more basic troopers done, and with that I’m agonisingly close to two full squads! Waiting on some paints to finish a few more, then I think I’ll turn to ‘topping up’ the details and finish on everything I’ve done to date.

QHRvTPJ.jpg

p5AkT1z.jpg

YvBzwej.jpg

ufQD6i1.jpg

z2GRitT.jpg

ezSQYzL.jpg

PFXBZ1L.jpg

kYmQ7hC.jpg

Cheers

Lorr

Edited by Inquisitor lorr, 07 May 2021 - 05:59 PM.

• Bjorn Firewalker and Urauloth like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vostroya, Astra Militarum, Imperial Guard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users