Plasma Inceptor Tactics - Marked for Command

backsosoon

I’ve been very happy with running a 5-man plasma inceptor squad alongside my Ravenwing list, keeping them within a reroll 1’s to hit aura from a captain or Sammael.

I’m wondering if could be worth using Marked for Command to give the Inceptor Sergeant Master Crafted, upping his base damage to 2 and 3 on the supercharge.

Has anyone tried that? I’m thinking it might reduce the need to supercharge and/or WOTDA, but I haven’t modeled out the difference versus common targets like 2W marines/VV or 3W bladeguard.

I considered this at some point, but the main drawback of this is that you only get to master-craft one of the two plasma exterminators. So the benefit that you get is an extra damage on one d3 hits weapon...which doesn’t feel like an effective use of 1CP.

I considered this at some point, but the main drawback of this is that you only get to master-craft one of the two plasma exterminators. So the benefit that you get is an extra damage on one d3 hits weapon...which doesn’t feel like an effective use of 1CP.

Ah, I did fail to consider that the plasma exterminators are 2x per inceptor so only 1d3 shots are mastercrafted. That definitely sinks the return on investment. I was thinking 2d3 mastercrafted shots would boost damage output against targets you don't necessarily want to overcharge against, while also boosting supercharge damage, but 1d3 shots won't cut 1CP. 

I just picked up a second kit of Inceptors to bolster the squad from the patrol box up to 5, very excited to bring them to the physical table since they're so strong and fun virtually on TTS. 

Edited by backsosoon