I completely missed that it was character! That's interesting...
I looked at some artefacts and some stood out as possibilities:
- Arachnacyte Gland: giving an ability to make a charge (and combined with adrenal glands) and potentially certain hive fleets, seems to be a good way to ensure this terror hits the turn it comes in on.
- Ymgarl Factor: This is a way to potentially get S+1 or another attack to boost damage output
- Xenogenic Acid: This is could allow some MW output. If combined with Behemoth's psychic power, this would be doing D+1 and MWs on 5+'s
Xenith points out that adaptations could also work on it:
- Murderous Size: this only affects one set of talons, right? If so, does that mean the super sized claws would not get the benefit of +1 Attack from having multiple sets?
- Accelerated Digestion: This might be a way for the Trygon to stay around a little while longer. When I've played with them (or mawlocs) they tend to be killed in one turn. Meaning this might be wasted.
- Dermic Symbosis: may provide some further staying power and effectiveness. I don't know if I would prioritize this over other potential targets (e.g., exocrine or hierodules)
I don't use Trygons much because they are glass cannons. However, I feel like I've forgotten that they can have some nice damage output. Xenith's point about making them marine shredders is not lost on me... come to think of it, I don't think I've fielded a trygon in 9th edition.