Oll Persson in Mass Effect

Just123456

That character already exists...he's called Zaeed Massani... :p

Indeed, it would be interesting to see some mid M.3 ish exploits of Trooper Persson, or I'd even say some of his WWI experiences.  Perhaps in a flashback or something.

MR.

That character already exists...he's called Zaeed Massani... :p

Indeed, it would be interesting to see some mid M.3 ish exploits of Trooper Persson, or I'd even say some of his WWI experiences. Perhaps in a flashback or something.

MR.

And him being one of Jason's Argonauts.

And it's an alternate universe type situation.

Edited by Just123456

Well..... Oll has been around for a while, so part of his skill set is fitting in. How people react depends on a lot of factors. Are you writing a story?

I am looking to. What they would think him being of him being a Perpetual, that he was one of Jason's Argonauts and what the Perpetuals are.

Edited by Just123456

- Perpetuals, and Olle himself keep quiet about their perpetualness and millenia of experiences to avoid unwanted attention: To everyone else, they are just normal people. Their most outstanding feature, is they'd seem more competent due to said experiences. No shocking reactions here.

-Someone'd actually need to witness him die and return but as far as I know, that can take time, and not always happens at the spot they died. Also, Shepard tends to keep his crew alive for the most part unless scripted otherwise.

-A more interesting idea is, what'd Persson think about his surroundings; "Heh, easy mode"

Also, don't do "inexplicably transported to different universe" - that's poorly written fanfic material. Make it "it was the past, and he was there, millenia ago".

Maybe he WAS Shephard himself; we've seen him return from the dead often enough.

There are plenty of good FanFictions that are about being transported to other universes.

I dont think Oll would be that bothered about the events in Mass Effect,  he would call that 'Tuesday'. What we need is Wrex and Grunt in the 40k universe. :wub:

What would the Asari and Krogan think of Oll Persson being what he is?

I dont think Oll would be that bothered about the events in Mass Effect,  he would call that 'Tuesday'. What we need is Wrex and Grunt in the 40k universe. :wub:

What would the Asari and Krogan think of Oll Persson being what he is?

If he can fight and he has quads of steel I think the Krogan would be cool with him. Never really cared enough about the Asari to pay attention to them so I cant comment on that. I think Garrus would accept him, military background and all that. 

Now I am wondering what the Emperor was doing/would have done during the events of Mass Effect if they shared the same universe? 

Also, don't do "inexplicably transported to different universe" - that's poorly written fanfic material. Make it "it was the past, and he was there, millenia ago".

I mean, "inexplicably transported to different universe" is an entire genre of stories now.

Edited by Gederas

I think if you played it so that the alternate universe/time line generated organically with very recognisable 40K motifs, it could work well enough.

For example, it could start from way back in pre-Imperial times - such as the Reaper invasion being portrayed as the Age of Strife, where sentient machines tried to destroy mankind and the galaxy.  Transporting Ollie to an alternate universe is certainly possible - especially if we look at Know No Fear, by Dan Abnett, we see that Ollie is acutely aware of a vast spectrum of things - the Neverborn don't look the same to him, he knows how to step between dimensions (the warp) to escape from the Battle of Calth etc.

That doesn't mean it should be done that way.

I think there could be an opportunity for interesting worldbuilding.  What happened to the Navigator mutation, or the Gellar Field?  How come we're using Mass Effect weapons instead of Martian Death Rays?  With the Cache of Prothean data on Mars, is that what gives the Mechanicum the boost to their technology?

I think it can work, but will involve some very clever side-stepping to blend what you want to get to.

MR.

I think if you played it so that the alternate universe/time line generated organically with very recognisable 40K motifs, it could work well enough.

For example, it could start from way back in pre-Imperial times - such as the Reaper invasion being portrayed as the Age of Strife, where sentient machines tried to destroy mankind and the galaxy.  Transporting Ollie to an alternate universe is certainly possible - especially if we look at Know No Fear, by Dan Abnett, we see that Ollie is acutely aware of a vast spectrum of things - the Neverborn don't look the same to him, he knows how to step between dimensions (the warp) to escape from the Battle of Calth etc.

I think there could be an opportunity for interesting worldbuilding.  What happened to the Navigator mutation, or the Gellar Field?  How come we're using Mass Effect weapons instead of Martian Death Rays?  With the Cache of Prothean data on Mars, is that what gives the Mechanicum the boost to their technology?

I think it can work, but will involve some very clever side-stepping to blend what you want to get to.

MR.

Oll Persson's memories of the Men of Iron show the Reapers cannot be them. Oll Persson's memories of the Men of Iron show they had Sun snuffers the size of Saturn's rings.

=][=

Just a word of caution here. So long as this discussion stays on developing a specific story concerning Oll Persson in the Mass Effect universe I'll allow it here. However, this can easily drift. If it drifts too much, I'll have to either lock this thread down or move it to the AMICUS forum. So, keep it specific and focused please.

=][=

=][=

Just a word of caution here. So long as this discussion stays on developing a specific story concerning Oll Persson in the Mass Effect universe I'll allow it here. However, this can easily drift. If it drifts too much, I'll have to either lock this thread down or move it to the AMICUS forum. So, keep it specific and focused please.

=][=

Alright. Edited by Just123456

MR.

Oll Persson's memories of the Men of Iron show the Reapers cannot be them. Oll Persson's memories of the Men of Iron show they had Sun snuffers the size of Saturn's rings.

Doesnt mean they cant be, WE dont know everything the reapers had to throw at us. What was the race called that was like the reapers in ME Andromeda, only ever saw my Ex play it once so I aint clued up on the names.

++EDIT++

The Ket?? just asked her. 

Whilst the events of Mass Effect are based on the planets on this end of the galaxy, the Ket who are kinda reaperish on the other end of the galaxy may have used similar tech to the Men of Iron. Difference between fandoms is 40k has a massive 'world' with over 30 years of lore and M E is just a passable video  game with bearable lore. With a little bit of poking and swearing you should be able to come up with something good even if certain bits dont fit. 

It is fanfic at the end of the day and if you say it works it works, if a small section of the community (Inq28 community not the wider 40k community) are running with Space Marines indulging in homosexual relationships with each other (mods, Im not starting a right or wrong debate, just pointing out they exist) then I am sure Reapers using Men of Iron tech isnt such a big thing.

Either way hurry up and write it, last week I was all 'ugh more fanfic' but now I wanna know...

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Agreed, and an interesting idea with the "Scourge" (Ah yes - and the Kett!).  It does all depend on the OP's vision, though.

You could just turn the Reaper invasion up to 11 - I mean in ME 1 there's the moon of Klendagon, which has a huge canyon shot into it by a weapon of terrible size and power.  In ME 2, that weapon, and it's target are found, in the form of a dead reaper.  There's a sun-snuffer right there.

Anyway, my intention was trying to advise how to keep the fan-fiction board relevant, and meant no derailment.

Good luck with the project.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

• 2 months later...

Well..... Oll has been around for a while, so part of his skill set is fitting in. How people react depends on a lot of factors. Are you writing a story?

Can you delete my post asking Roomsky why he did not know Oll Persson was one of Jason's Argonauts?

Edited by Just123456