Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tanith & Gaunt's Ghosts Return!

Imperial Guard Astra Militarum news Gaunt Gaunts Ghosts Tanith

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 23,124 posts
  • Faction: Hunter Legion

unknown.png

Who saw this coming? It's great to get something new for Guard and all the more so the Ghosts. We'll need to see more of course, but I wonder if this could be more than just a squad? It'd certainly do them overdue justice to be a full regiment but we'll have to wait to find out more.

Here's hoping this is the start of some serious attention for Guard infantry, it certainly bodes well... Don't forget to give your thanks to Steve, who no doubt can lay claim to making this happen by faith and perseverance alone msn-wink.gif

• SteveAntilles, Ldorte, UltraRich and 2 others like this

gallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Ironclad | IG Stormies | =][= Stormies | AM Armigers

CSM Defiler | TSons Rubrics | Daemons Daemonettes

DE Warriors | Tyranids Genestealers

SteveAntilles

SteveAntilles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 76 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard, Necrons

Here's hoping this is the start of some serious attention for Guard infantry, it certainly bodes well... Don't forget to give your thanks to Steve, who no doubt can lay claim to making this happen by faith and perseverance alone msn-wink.gif

The Emperor has heard my prayers, and answered them.

• WarriorFish, Beaky Brigade and 4CIN87 like this

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,087 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

Fingers crossed for all this Black Library attention to herald a big guard refresh - even if I don't play them, they're a super cool faction

sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Crix

Crix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts

unknown.png

Who saw this coming? It's great to get something new for Guard and all the more so the Ghosts. We'll need to see more of course, but I wonder if this could be more than just a squad? It'd certainly do them overdue justice to be a full regiment but we'll have to wait to find out more.

Lol I did. Check the sisters reveal thread.

Great looking models.

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 386 posts
They're sure picking up their game on model detail. Makes me wonder, how long 'till all the old figures are phased out.

UltraRich

UltraRich

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,018 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines and Guard

Will be picking up a set of these. They look great. Im glad they are plastic too

ETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificer ETL_Medal_03.gif

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 517 posts

Hoping these are not stuck in that limited edition, otherwise scalpers will have a field day.

• UltraRich likes this

Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence; Scion of Albion; Baron of Camelot; Champion of Mortarion; Lord under Abaddon; Emissary of Szarekh.

Victorus aut Mortis

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 797 posts
Considering they are a BL tie in release, I'd be a bit surprised if there was going to be more than those 6 guys...the article also doesn't sound like it's anything more than that.

Still, while I don't really have a need for these myself, it is nice to see another special release.

Now could we please get a proper model update? Sisters and AdMech should be done, Orks seem to be next...surely we could slot in somewhere after that. )

Edited by sairence, 05 May 2021 - 09:21 PM.

gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 484 posts

*Looks at my already battered credit card*

"Do you want to live forever!?" whispers on the wind

*Single tear rolls down my cheek*

• SteveAntilles, Expendable_Aquanaut and Etheneus like this

"I once gave the order to one of my platoons to fix bayonets and charge a squad of genestealers. If they believed in the emperor hard enough they could win... I don't think they believed enough..."

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

Tokugawa

Tokugawa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 716 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
This is the standard of size, head/body/limb scale, and details, for future IG infantry models(if any).

Jud Cottrell

Jud Cottrell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,407 posts
Might have to shoehorn these into my plans!

Beautifully sculpted set.

shabbadoo

shabbadoo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,528 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

They look really nice, but it will be tragic if there isn't also a Tanith infantry box coming out.

Edited by shabbadoo, 06 May 2021 - 02:16 PM.

*Things I've Done For Retail Sales  *Airbrush Information & Advice
40K Armies: Dark Angels Tau Orks Eldar  WFB Armies: Vampire Counts Bretonnians High Elves

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,046 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
As the Tanith First and Only recruited many women from Vervunhive, I can't help but wonder if we'll get models of Tina Criid and other female guardsmen. I'm also surprised the models show Gaunt WITHOUT the Sword of Heironymo Sondar (a relic power sword), which he was given during the Siege of Vervunhive.
  • duz_ likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

SteveAntilles

SteveAntilles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 76 posts

As the Tanith First and Only recruited many women from Vervunhive, I can't help but wonder if we'll get models of Tina Criid and other female guardsmen. I'm also surprised the models show Gaunt WITHOUT the Sword of Heironymo Sondar (a relic power sword), which he was given during the Siege of Vervunhive.

They said these models were based on the new book coming out, set before Vervunhive. Hence no power sword, likely no women either.

• librisrouge likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,134 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Would have liked some of Schafers last chancers personally, but these look good. 

• The Mad Hermit and duz_ like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts
Looking forward to these guys. They will be a fun little palette cleanser to break up my never ending backlog of Blood Angels and Dark Mech.
  • Slave to Darkness likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,134 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.

Looking forward to these guys. They will be a fun little palette cleanser to break up my never ending backlog of Blood Angels and Dark Mech.

I could do with some Blood Angels or Dark Mech as a break from all these guardsmen I have. :lol:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,282 posts

I was surprised no power sword either, but if it's from an earlier time setting
Also explains another character too :cry:

Edited by duz_, 07 May 2021 - 03:01 AM.

Shamansky

Shamansky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 676 posts

The more i look the more i hate the Gaunt's sculpt. It seems so unnaturally incorrect to me. What is he doing? Shooting? Running? Fighting? Shouting an order? Standing relaxed? The upper part is OK. But his legs... I can't stop asking my self, why is his leg put on that piece of wood?

gallery_30308_9518_1600.png Regiments Of The B&C   Warrant Officer Class 2

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,134 posts

The more i look the more i hate the Gaunt's sculpt. It seems so unnaturally incorrect to me. What is he doing? Shooting? Running? Fighting? Shouting an order? Standing relaxed? The upper part is OK. But his legs... I can't stop asking my self, why is his leg put on that piece of wood?

Foot on log is the new foot on rock it seems. 

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Inso

Inso

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,120 posts
  • Faction: Dire Wolves

I really hope that there is an infantry box to go with these. It's something that has been lacking with this regt... even when the original metals came out, there were just three lasgunners to go with the main squad. 

Life is for living... live it!

My Blog: http://insosworld.blogspot.co.uk/

My Other Blog: http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.co.uk/

And my Nother Blog: http://reptiliad.blogspot.co.uk/

My Emporium Blog: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,282 posts
If not I so, then maybe you can sculpt us all some :D
:yes:

SteveAntilles

SteveAntilles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 76 posts

I really hope that there is an infantry box to go with these. It's something that has been lacking with this regt... even when the original metals came out, there were just three lasgunners to go with the main squad. 

Four lasgunners actually. It's a very tedious army to build.

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts

I could do with some Blood Angels or Dark Mech as a break from all these guardsmen I have. laugh.png

I decided to rebase and repaint all of my old marines. . . 100+ Marines. Feel like I am playing guard again lol.ph34r.png

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,289 posts

We're not getting Tanith infantry happy.png

Even if as of this rumor engine it's likely easier to make a modern looking Tanith army from GW plastic than it is a modern-looking Cadian one...

• walter h likes this

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

"Agents of stealth and misrule they may be, but when the Alpha Legion unleash their martial might, worlds shake at their tread."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imperial Guard, Astra Militarum, news, Gaunt, Gaunts Ghosts, Tanith

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users