Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ToyShip starts over...Legio Ascalon build log.

titanicus reaver perpetua diy

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

ToyShip

ToyShip

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 514 posts
  • Faction: Legio Ascalon

Hello again ye hallowed halls of the B&C! Seems I did a disappearing act again in my previous topic. Long story short I started to hate the models I painted up for Legio Victorum, I rushed them and I made alot of mistakes building them. I still have them, and they may yet provide fodder for my new project:

LEGIO ASCALON

oj86g1C.jpg

KHoGYnz.jpg

x4wnQj9.jpg

vuctxzF.jpg

I've been plugging away at this guy for about a week now, really forcing myself to take my time. Mucked up the melta cannon a bit, I will attempt to rectify. Should have the VMB stand in from Battlebling any day now, looking forward to that, and waiting on some basing materials.

I got the Precept Maniple Battle force, and I had a Warbringer and this Reaver. So that's the current build log. Working towards a Perpetua Maniple of two Reavers and two Warbringers then finishing up with the two Warhounds and the Warlord. After that...maybe a Warmaster?

Thanks for looking!

• Noserenda, Amun Mantycora, Interrogator Stobz and 7 others like this

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,871 posts
Man that is beautiful! Excellent work!
  • ToyShip likes this

schoon

schoon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 854 posts

Looks great. Your weathering and marble effects are superb!

• ToyShip likes this

ToyShip

ToyShip

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 514 posts

Man that is beautiful! Excellent work!

Looks great. Your weathering and marble effects are superb!

Thanks so much! Trying to push as many skills as possible on this project!

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Loving your painting, excellent stuff. :) 

• ToyShip likes this

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png  

My Works in Progress

Credit to Julie Hang for the profile picture. @juliehangart on Instagram.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,046 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
You're making good progress on the Reaver. How will you decorate its base?
  • ToyShip likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

General Zodd

General Zodd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 276 posts
Yeah, that’s exceptional work, the time you’ve taken really shows. And well done for getting back on the Titanic horse after your initial attempt!
  • ToyShip likes this
gallery_48988_15151_12750.pnggallery_48988_15151_3702.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_12487.png

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,785 posts

Wonderful, it's gorgeous! thumbsup.gif

• ToyShip likes this

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,331 posts

That looks like a nice start. Well done on not mucking up those Reaver legs! msn-wink.gif

• ToyShip likes this

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,521 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Looking great so far!

• ToyShip likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,686 posts

That is one beauty of a Titan. More, please. :D

• ToyShip likes this

gallery_45765_15430_13020.pnggallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_34763.pnggallery_45765_15430_18580.pnggallery_45765_15430_18989.png

Sherrypie

Sherrypie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 991 posts

Good start, you'll make a legio out of them yet!

• ToyShip likes this

#ConvertEverything!

30k / 40k / Epic: Truescale Death Guard / Mechanicum project http://www.bolterand...s-with-the-xiv/

AT: Legio Favilla walks, Ashen Gods unleashed http://www.bolterand...gods-unleashed/

gallery_48988_16045_17820.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_8658.png

ToyShip

ToyShip

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 514 posts

Thank you everyone for your responses and encouragement! Thread isn't dead, just took me a couple weeks to get back to this. I've been painting HH Dark Angels, and some BB Black Orcs in between!

Waiting on a VMB, ruined the one I had from Battlebling, so there's that. Was able to salvage the melta cannon paint job, and got it based. The apocalypse missile launcher he is equipped with currently is not the final loadout. May I present:

"Grim Messenger"

ecAbosp.jpgDWoI45W.jpg

ErmRWgi.jpg

Edited by ToyShip, 29 May 2021 - 05:00 PM.

• Noserenda, Interrogator Stobz and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,046 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the Reaver.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

General Zodd

General Zodd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 276 posts
That looks fantastic, beautiful work! I particularly like the weathering. Any tips? It’s one of the areas I’m least confident about, and really need to just have a go at some point!
gallery_48988_15151_12750.pnggallery_48988_15151_3702.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_12487.png

schoon

schoon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 854 posts

The base is coming along nicely. Will you be doing it in Mars-red tones, or something different?

ToyShip

ToyShip

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 514 posts

That looks fantastic, beautiful work! I particularly like the weathering. Any tips? It’s one of the areas I’m least confident about, and really need to just have a go at some point!

Thank you! My best advice? Check out Cult of Paint on YouTube. They're what gave me the push to try the weathering out. The weathering is deceptively simple and once you've got a little bit of practice with oils it takes very little time to get a good result. I'll try and get some pictures of the panels as I go on this Warbringer coming up.

The base is coming along nicely. Will you be doing it in Mars-red tones, or something different?

The base is basically done! I'm waiting on a few epic Legion tanks to add to the base, things like that, but those are the final colors. I would like to get some powders but that will have to come at a later date.

++++

Began assembly and paint on the first of two Warbringers, I've been putting it off for about a year now and I don't know why. Thanks to Apologist's posing tutorial I was able to get a good walking pose going. It's hard to tell in the picture but the toes ARE bent to look proper in the lifted leg.

A0DWKVx.jpg

Thanks again to all that have commented!

Edited by ToyShip, 01 June 2021 - 12:16 AM.

• BadgersinHills, Mendi Warrior and General Zodd like this

Gillyfish

Gillyfish

++ PRIMANI PERSEQUOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,129 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Looks very good. I am late to the party on the Reaver, but he looks nice and the Warmaster posing looks promising. :)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Like Space Hulk? Join the Indomitus project! http://www.bolterand.../184-indomitus/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: titanicus, reaver, perpetua, diy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users