Corswain and DW Comps

Balerion84

I'm starting with HH, we had our first game over the weekend - 1000pts ZM, DA vs WB - and I have a question that I can't find the answer to by googling.

Can I take Deathwing Companions with Corswain? The book says, they attach to a Praetor or Legion Special Character. BS says I can't take them. Doesn't Corswain count as Special Character? Is there a difference between special and unique? Like in real life, where you are unique, but not special? 

• 2 weeks later...

Stop using BS as a rulebook. Adding point cost for units and manage the different army slots is all you should do with this tool.

Going to second this statement.

I often use Battlescribe as a quick reference tool for rules, but I verify with the rulebook and FAQ that they have it correct before I do so.

If you don't have access to the book a given unit is found in you should definitely not trust that Battlescribe has it correct.

Stop using BS as a rulebook. Adding point cost for units and manage the different army slots is all you should do with this tool.

Going to second this statement.

I often use Battlescribe as a quick reference tool for rules, but I verify with the rulebook and FAQ that they have it correct before I do so.

If you don't have access to the book a given unit is found in you should definitely not trust that Battlescribe has it correct.

I do that as well. Stats in particular are almost always correct but if you have a more complicated case always look it up in the books.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip mate, but I'm not using BS as a rulebook. Since I'm new to HH and trying to orient myself in the rules, this discrepancy confused me a bit as BS entries are added by people who probably have better understanding of them than someone new like me. The book states 'special character', which I assumed is a named character (duh), but couldn't find any definition in the rules of this term, of what actually a special character is. There's a definition of Independent Character but not Special. And since BS didn't allow it for Corwin but did for Praetors (which the book names too), it made me pause if I missed anything. Also the book entry for Corswain says 'Unique, character'. Hence the confusion regarding terms. So I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks for the confirmation everyone. :)

Edited by Balerion84

Thanks for the tip mate, but I'm not using BS as a rulebook. Since I'm new to HH and trying to orient myself in the rules, this discrepancy confused me a bit as BS entries are added by people who probably have better understanding of them than someone new like me. The book states 'special character', which I assumed is a named character (duh), but couldn't find any definition in the rules of this term, of what actually a special character is. There's a definition of Independent Character but not Special. And since BS didn't allow it for Corwin but did for Praetors (which the book names too), it made me pause if I missed anything. Also the book entry for Corswain says 'Unique, character'. Hence the confusion regarding terms. So I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks for the confirmation everyone. :)

Ah ok.

Yes, he can and yes he is a special character. As a rule of thumb: if it has a name it is a special character.