Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Marshals and Castellans on the table top

Black Templars

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Brother Sidonius

Brother Sidonius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars, Grey Knights

So I was reading through the supplement wishlist and was surprised to find people equating Captains to Marshals and Lieutenants to Castellans. Admittedly I jumped from 5th edition straight to 8th edition so I might have missed some lore but in 4th/5th edition Chapter Masters have the same profile as a Marshal and a Captain has the same profile as a Castellan (there's also some nice alliteration going on to make it easy to remember which are equivalent). Lieutenants, of course, didn't exist yet. 

Is there some conflicting lore some where or are people just playing their Marshals and Castellans according to their own head canon?

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,945 posts

I think a marshal should be played as a captain and a castellan as a lieutenant. But what I really like to see would be an upgrade / new rank of a special Marshal which lead a crusade with more then 300 warriors that give an additional buff like an reroll for the same unit as he is. ( Phobos Captain/marshal gives a reroll for other phobos / Terminator captain gives a reroll for other Terminator squads for example).

In short: to see a different ranking system.

• Brother Sidonius likes this

Tokugawa

Tokugawa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 716 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
It is not people think that; it is GW printed these in 8th marine codex.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,795 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

We recently had this discussion in February. Here is my detailed reply in that discussion. That post isn't the whole story, though, with a number of other replies providing some very good information.

• Black Blow Fly, Reinhard and Brother Sidonius like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Templars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users