Xenith

++Hive Crone++

LvLnMIE.jpg

We have a new unit of the week! This week it's one of the newer additions to the army, though alomost a decade old, the Hive Crone. What are you thoughts, and how best would you use these?

• To compliment a list, or to build a list around? Will the beta rules affect your list(s)?
  • What size unit? Will you be running multiple units?
  • What Hive Fleet Traits, Adaptative Physiologies and Stratagems do you prefer and how much does it depend on the above choices?
  • Are you buffing this unit? If so, how?
  • Uses in Matched, Narrative and Open Play

Over to you.

Edited by Xenith

I want to love this but I feel it underperforms. Lacking the aircraft rule, it's vulnerable to assaults with the short range drool cannon, and it also cannot just move away from combat and still shoot. At T6 it's also pretty weedy and vulnerable. Is anyone hacing any luck with one?

I recall in the heyday of fliers (6th edition and early 7th) they were a very good choice as they were the main source of anti-air for Tyranids. Obviously now fliers are less of "win buttons" their usefulness has somewhat been reduced. A shame as I love me some winged 'nids, and wouldn't mind converting one up with some insect wings to match my other airborne bugs.

They seem like they're out of sorts for a role, aside from them getting around quickly there doesn't seem all that much to gain? :confused: Xen notes the main problem I see in that they're not especially tough and can get charged so they'd find it hard to work in close. Perhaps they could have an opportunity as a reserve unit to commit where you need when lines are closing/clashing?