New Codex Cover & 9th Ed Speculation/Rumours

Xenith

Since Plague Marines lost the feel no pain, it would make sense for us to get that since it would no longer be "stepping on their toes" as far as shared special rules goes. Hell, it might even be ignore wound on a roll of 4+ just to be extra spicy. Would work for large damage and small arms AND be fluffy. They have that 4+ ignore flesh wound in Kill Team so they understand Rubrics are just dusty bois.

Anything is possible at this point

I've also been pondering the same thing. This is something I would have wanted previously but not if death guard claimed it first. a 4+ would be fantastic with the added caveat that the 4+ ignore wounds cannot be used on weapons with strength 8+(double the toughness). Which is more or less what it used to be like back then. Representing smaller wounds uselessly passing through the arnour with no body to hit. And only grievous wounds, enough to obliterate the armour could take down a rubricae. 

I would take that over the conditional +1 saves. I'd also be ok with Aspirings and Scarab sorcerers were exempt from that rule of course because they have bodies.

Works for me. If we had this + always count as stationary...oof it would be golden. Arguably too good by some.  I would be a little surprised if we got anything other than what we have now(perhaps slightly modified) but then again death guard got a big change.  

Since Plague Marines lost the feel no pain, it would make sense for us to get that since it would no longer be "stepping on their toes" as far as shared special rules goes. Hell, it might even be ignore wound on a roll of 4+ just to be extra spicy. Would work for large damage and small arms AND be fluffy. They have that 4+ ignore flesh wound in Kill Team so they understand Rubrics are just dusty bois.

I've also been pondering the same thing. This is something I would have wanted previously but not if death guard claimed it first. a 4+ would be fantastic with the added caveat that the 4+ ignore wounds cannot be used on weapons with strength 8+(double the toughness). Which is more or less what it used to be like back then. Representing smaller wounds uselessly passing through the arnour with no body to hit. And only grievous wounds, enough to obliterate the armour could take down a rubricae. 

that would be kind of legit I guess. to give you an example, from me as a dark eldar player:

I killed a carnifex in 1 turn. i dished out 140 dices in one shooting face, 3+ hit, 4+ poison. and like.........

that guy just stood there sobbing like.... m-my carnifex died.... xD *evil chuckle*

• 2 weeks later...

that would be kind of legit I guess. to give you an example, from me as a dark eldar player:

I killed a carnifex in 1 turn. i dished out 140 dices in one shooting face, 3+ hit, 4+ poison. and like.........

that guy just stood there sobbing like.... m-my carnifex died.... xD *evil chuckle*

Do that to a knight and you'll see some real waterworks. :)

Apparently forgefiends are hot in the new Codex: Thousand Sons, and the "super doctrine" allows for meaningful choices and is more interactive than the death guard/dark eldar ones. According to the daemonic entity saying all of this, no one that they have seen has guessed correctly what the super doctrine is lol. Speculation continues

Edited by Archaeinox

Apparently forgefiends are hot in the new Codex: Thousand Sons, and the "super doctrine" allows for meaningful choices and is more interactive than the death guard/dark eldar ones. According to the daemonic entity saying all of this, no one that they have seen has guessed correctly what the super doctrine is lol. Speculation continues

If so, this is playing wonderfully into my gutt feeling of daemon engines being a thing for us. Must finish up my converted forgefiends! 

Rule #2 of daemonic entities: don't believe daemonic entities.

I'm guessing the super doctrine has something to do with increased power near warp gates and a vulnerability to the physical remains of Prospero. Maybe Tizca in a bottle as a relic?

I wonder if DC would have a beef with that, Re: Kandor. Love the idea, but I think it's more likely we would get the terrain piece (shards of the Spire maybe?).

They've proven with the Lumineth stuff that they know how to make "floating" terrain, so I'm wondering why it's taking so long for a Silver Tower model to be added to the roster. 

So seeing the new ork Squiggly Curse, it's just flat out better and more destructive than most things TS have access to.

V454q0UP5QNsUCDO.jpg

Generally you're getting 3MW's, then a free one on each unit within 6", probably 2 units if they're overlapping buffs.

The closest similar power TS have access to is Astral Blast, which is one cult only. One less warp charge, but 3" less range, average 1.5 mortals, then one mortal on units within 3". So the power has better range, average damage, max damage, longer range side effects than Astral.

I'm annoyed, but optimistic that GW will be taking psychic powers seriously, and is hopefully an indication of what we might have in store for us.

After brushing up on my Endless spell rules for AoS, I'd totally be psyched if the TS special models/rules were indeed some form of endless spell. The whole 'summon a giant portal' thing is so cinematic, I'd love it to be ported to 40k in some fashion, and I think the Sons are the army to do it with. 

After brushing up on my Endless spell rules for AoS, I'd totally be psyched if the TS special models/rules were indeed some form of endless spell. The whole 'summon a giant portal' thing is so cinematic, I'd love it to be ported to 40k in some fashion, and I think the Sons are the army to do it with. 

Honestly, I am surprised this is not done already. I'm sure it's on their mind. 

That would please a lot of people, presumably 3W plus whatever All is Dust is makes them durable and perhaps there's even a change to their weapon capabilities? Time will tell indeed though however long it is will be too long :tongue.:

Rumor has it that Scarab Occult Terminators are vastly improved in the new book. "I can't imagine running the new book without them," said one daemonic entity.. Time will tell.

Keep squeezing this daemon, but also dubious as it may be a tricky daemon of Tzeentch full of misleading intel. 

Hi all! Long time no post or lurk though the winds of change always bring me back!

I always wanted to be able to augment SOTs str. The last dex gave some vortex beast options but nothing native. Seems inline with psych augmentation to have various ways to warp enhance your forces but you can't have it all I guess.

I know we would all like to see some strong synergies. Maybe this is the edition that Exalted get options for various rerolls auras.

Are folks still hot to trot for a psychic dread? I remember last edition they were really trying to sell us the Helbrute after all the inquiries telling us Psychic Dreads were a lost tech. I don't have a source for that, I think it was a reply by their community folks on FB. Peeps here might remember that. Wonder if ole Maggie figured it out or if GW has any interest in doing one.

Hi all! Long time no post or lurk though the winds of change always bring me back!

I always wanted to be able to augment SOTs str. The last dex gave some vortex beast options but nothing native. Seems inline with psych augmentation to have various ways to warp enhance your forces but you can't have it all I guess.

I know we would all like to see some strong synergies. Maybe this is the edition that Exalted get options for various rerolls auras.

Are folks still hot to trot for a psychic dread? I remember last edition they were really trying to sell us the Helbrute after all the inquiries telling us Psychic Dreads were a lost tech. I don't have a source for that, I think it was a reply by their community folks on FB. Peeps here might remember that. Wonder if ole Maggie figured it out or if GW has any interest in doing one.

GW can retcon and pretty much do anything they want. We have what we have lore/codex-wise because the army wasn't filled out as much as the death guard. If they had, I can bet that helbrutes and possibly a couple other things wouldn't even be a choice for us. I'm sure GW's plan is to slowly phase out the shared units across the chaos books and make each army truly unique. Death guard lost the heldrake and forge/maulerfiends.(feel bad for all the converted  ones out there). So the ramshod fluff justification we got for having helbrutes(stealing other legion boys)  could easily change if/when GW produces us some new models. 

"All of the sudden the Thousand sons found a way to bring back sorc/dredd tech or found a new way to go about it! Plus! sure maybe one rubric soul isn't strong enough to power a walker, but what if we jammed in...9?"

Edited by Ahzek451

I feel like if psychic dreads were a thing, this guy would have been talking about it. That he wants to build competitive lists using Scarab Occult and Forgefiends is pretty solid enough for me

If true, I wonder what sort of juicy strats and combos may be available to us. The extra wound is nice, and at the end of the day, a SOT is just a suped up rubric marine, so I wonder what they will have that will make them such a juicy choice. The first thing that pops up in my head is hopefully the kopesh power weapons will become more unique and better. 

i just wish i could afford a Necrosphinx to make a forgefiend cause i hate the D I N O B O T look. I spent all this time making the thousand sons look a certain way and then you have Big Chonk lumbering over there blasting away and roaring while the sorcerers roll their eyes and tolerate him.

Edited by Archaeinox

i just wish i could afford a Necrosphinx to make a forgefiend cause i hate the D I N O B O T look. I spent all this time making the thousand sons look a certain way and then you have Big Chonk lumbering over there blasting away and roaring while the sorcerers roll their eyes and tolerate him.

Right? I have one I converted from awhile ago for the Maulerfiend, but not the forge. If I could get my hands on another necrosphynx kit, I am not sure how I would differentiate between the normal and ecto-plasma  head option using the necrosphyx head. I've, made 3d conversion kits for both the rhino and defiler, but the curvature and unique bits for the dinobots make it tricky to make in a cad. For the time being I am ok with shaving the big chaos undivided mark on it's back off and replacing it with a big rubric ouroboros with a tzeentch mark in the center. Maybe green stuff some flames as this is what is described in the codex.

The trouble with using the shared chaos units such as heldrakes, dinobots, etc. is that they retain a rustic chaos undivided look. Whereas GW has now officially created a certain Tzeentchy, shiny, and well-kept design. So I shy away from the pointy, cut up arrow signs, spikes, etc. present on the universal units. 

Edited by Ahzek451

Very interested in the Forgefiends rumour. I personally am fine with the model, and I think you can do a lot with the painting aspect, and I do like that they give you the room on the armour plating to do some nice stuff with the colours. 

That said about...2-3 months ago I bought 2 Forgefiends. Although I did a basic magnet job on the weapons, I never did paint them because I honestly could not make them fit in my Thousand Sons while the MoP makes them a far easier fit with my Black Legion. Then with Black Legion I came to realize how much more I liked the Decimators, or Contemptors, or even Helbrutes are just so much better for the points. 

Inevitably I boxed them up, unpainted and put them away. If these became truly useful with TS I'd be really happy. I guess I'm in the minority liking the default model but I'd just love to play them with any of my Chaos armies to be 100% honest.