Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crusade league rules

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Commisar Necros

Commisar Necros

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum

Me and my group are talking about starting up a crusade starting in July, so I want to get a head start on what rules and stuff well use. Figure mostly  the crusade rules, but switch to points. Have the one RP thing go to 100 points, few other adjustments maybe. Have one game a week, keeping track of wins. have games escalate to next level after a month. The league decides match ups for a single elimination bracket. Probably make a google sheet for everyone to keep track of their units and experience. Then have everyone put like 30 bucks into the pot keep everyone honest and involved. Winner gets a combat patrol, second place a squad, third a character. Any pitfalls or crazy stuff I should watch out for?

I was also kicking around doing a killteam component to it to emphasize the ongoing war and experience. Maybe a small bonus on the weekly game. Something useful or just adding extra work for not alot?

Edited by Commisar Necros, 30 May 2021 - 05:23 AM.

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,843 posts

Are you using narrative play rules, but with points?

What's happening with summoning or rules to bring on reinforcements? 

Armies with their own crusade agendas vs generic?

Picking or rolling for skills? Picking will make some nasty combos.

Remember, crusade is narrative, it's meant to be broken and unsuitable for competitive games. 

Personally if you want competitive, just do matched play. Some crusade missions are pretty one sided, and you'd have to make sure everyone gets to play as attacker &defender once. 

Crusade is supposed to be silly. Just have the winner be the army with the highest XP/CrP total after X games. 

I guess as long as everyone is trying to cheese to the max, then it's ok.

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pnggallery_58096_13272_2704.jpg

Xenos XX\

Commisar Necros

Commisar Necros

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum

I actually hope to limit the cheese with this. One of our players has a habit of tailoring his lists to the extreme, so in forcing everyone to limit their choices to whats already "on hand" the newer players will have a chance against this. Our main goal is to give some wight and connected-ness to the games. We all like the idea of units gaining experience and building army rivalries, and kinda want to structure it. The prize at the end is mostly to remind people to stay with it. Goodwill is nice, but Ive had too many DND groups break up because there wasn't enough of a tangible goal. The bracket at the end should keep everyone in the running and interested, but still give advantages for winning games earlier with a better position.

Ive written some rules up from before and thinking about what you've said.

Spoiler

Edited by Commisar Necros, 01 June 2021 - 01:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users