Multiple Units, One Transport

I don't play often, so please forgive my not knowing this if it is obvious, but the two-page section on transports in the main rulebook generally pluralises "units" and doesn't clearly state that only one unit can be included in a given transport. So, could I take a transport like a Termite, with a capacity of 12, and put two separate squads--even two separate, differently equipped devastator squads--into the same transport and then disembark them, say, on opposite sides of the Termite? When i say "put," I don't mean embark them during the game, but set them up as per the subterranean assault rule inside the Termite and then pop them out once it arrives on the board.

Thanks.

Yup, as of 8th ed and stopping characters from actually being part of units, any number of units can get into a transport up to the trasnport and model restrictions. You could put 10 characters in a rhino, or 2 5 man devastator squads in a drop pod. 

12 Capacity of the termite is nice, so you can fit 2x 5 man dev squads, captain and Lieutenant to give them full rerolls. 

Edited by Xenith