Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Multiple Units, One Transport

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

First_Among_Brothers

First_Among_Brothers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts

I don't play often, so please forgive my not knowing this if it is obvious, but the two-page section on transports in the main rulebook generally pluralises "units" and doesn't clearly state that only one unit can be included in a given transport. So, could I take a transport like a Termite, with a capacity of 12, and put two separate squads--even two separate, differently equipped devastator squads--into the same transport and then disembark them, say, on opposite sides of the Termite? When i say "put," I don't mean embark them during the game, but set them up as per the subterranean assault rule inside the Termite and then pop them out once it arrives on the board.

Thanks.

Kallas

Kallas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,398 posts
  • Faction: Howling Griffons

Yup, as long as the units all meet the criteria, you can fill it with as many as you can fit.

A 12-capacity Termite could carry 12 one-man squads, if you had them!

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,783 posts

Yup, as of 8th ed and stopping characters from actually being part of units, any number of units can get into a transport up to the trasnport and model restrictions. You could put 10 characters in a rhino, or 2 5 man devastator squads in a drop pod. 

12 Capacity of the termite is nice, so you can fit 2x 5 man dev squads, captain and Lieutenant to give them full rerolls. 

Edited by Xenith, 14 June 2021 - 09:07 AM.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pnggallery_58096_13272_2704.jpg

Xenos XX\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users