Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Ork Boyz Leak

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,730 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
Huh! Figured with the WarCom article showing a current Boy model with the new stat block, the idea of a whole Boyz kit was dead.

Big-time mixed feelings on the whole thing. Not the new models, which we haven’t seen enough of to judge (tho what we do see looks fine to my eye), but seeing the Ork kit go after twenty-plus years of faithful service gives a bit of a gut kit. Things must change, and a lot of people really hate the gorilla pose, but I still think it’s got a lot of fun and character. Fare the well, y’old standard. You’ll be missed.

…now, who wants to sell me all their old ones, cheap? :P
  • Firedrake Cordova likes this

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

Brokejaw Gutripper

Brokejaw Gutripper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 751 posts
Oh ho ho hooooooooooooooo!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!
  • Ammonius likes this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,089 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Them being 'leaked' on a picture with the 18 year old Cadian kit seems like a deliberate joke on their part.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 11 June 2021 - 12:12 AM.

• Lucerne and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts

In the very first cartoonated video, yes they did show the new boys kit along with all the new snaggas.

As that was back in March, that would be months ago already. :)

On that basis fair doos. I wondered as some of the heavy weapons with the Boyz were quite different.

We can infer new trukks and kommandos based on this.

More selling required...
  • Firedrake Cordova, Dark_Master and Vesalius like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Lord_Ikka

Lord_Ikka

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 675 posts
  • Faction: More than I should...

As a non-Ork player- can someone tell me exactly how you know these are new boyz? What in particular shows them as updated?

• Warhead01 likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts

As a non-Ork player- can someone tell me exactly how you know these are new boyz? What in particular shows them as updated?

The one with the bareback. They don't exist currently. The arm on the "bottom ork" also doesn't look like the current arms.
Hidden Content

Lord_Ikka

Lord_Ikka

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 675 posts
  • Faction: More than I should...

The one with the bareback. They don't exist currently. The arm on the "bottom ork" also doesn't look like the current arms.

Alright, thanks!

• 01RTB01 likes this

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 544 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Orks

This is cool news!

Looks like atleast one of da Boyz is in a running pose aswell.

I already have 50+ of boyz painted but I look forward to these for variety's sake. Maybe theres new loadout options in the new box aswell.

gallery_48988_15738_17267.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_13427.png

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,341 posts
So someone mentioned that we're getting a new Trukk model, which seems really, really odd as there is absolutely nothing wrong with the current model what so ever.
  • Doghouse and Warhead01 like this
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,370 posts
Yeah that would be an odd choice of resource usage by the modelling team.

But once I see Kommandos I’m all in on a new Ork army (even though I only sold one a few years ago…)

I’m really hopping these have a good amount of variety in them so building a horde doesn’t look like a bad photoshop clone job.

Brother Sergeant Tiberius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 158 posts

So someone mentioned that we're getting a new Trukk model, which seems really, really odd as there is absolutely nothing wrong with the current model what so ever.

New boyz means new almost everything for orks though. Every vehicle and infantry kit is interchangeable parts wise, and they will want the crew to be the same scale aswell

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,157 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

On the one hand, looking forward to seeing a new Boyz kit. The current ones are serviceable but could be updated for sure. 

On the other, not looking forward to the idea of an Ork army price going up by like 30%. 

• Hungry Nostraman Lizard likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts

New boyz means new almost everything for orks though. Every vehicle and infantry kit is interchangeable parts wise, and they will want the crew to be the same scale aswell

This is the fear made manifest. The interchangeability is one of the greatest strengths. Removing that would be tragic
  • Firedrake Cordova and Kenzaburo like this
Hidden Content

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 158 posts

This is the fear made manifest. The interchangeability is one of the greatest strengths. Removing that would be tragic
It really is, was going to pull the trigger on some ebay rescues to pad out squads but now I'm on full hold.
Though I can imagine there will be some customiability and kitbashing left with the new ork kits.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts

It really is, was going to pull the trigger on some ebay rescues to pad out squads but now I'm on full hold.
Though I can imagine there will be some customiability and kitbashing left with the new ork kits.

If they're like the new buggies and most other modern releases there won't be. Bar one head on the trike there was no spare parts
Hidden Content

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 437 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM IG

On the one hand, looking forward to seeing a new Boyz kit. The current ones are serviceable but could be updated for sure. 

On the other, not looking forward to the idea of an Ork army price going up by like 30%. 

Yeah, there's a trade off when getting new miniatures. 
I am very happy for Ork players and hopefully this is an indication that other factions might receive a similar treatment in the future (Tyranids, Eldar, ...). 

I just hope that the new prices are affordable, at least for core units like Boyz (and eventually Gaunts, Guardians and so on). 

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts

Yeah, there's a trade off when getting new miniatures.
I am very happy for Ork players and hopefully this is an indication that other factions might receive a similar treatment in the future (Tyranids, Eldar, ...).
I just hope that the new prices are affordable, at least for core units like Boyz (and eventually Gaunts, Guardians and so on).
As a long term ork player I'm not happy. Boys, Lootas, Burna boys, bikes, trukks, planes, Battlewagon are currently all interchangeable. Easy kit bashes ahoy.

Kit depending it'll be a horrid game changer for me. Invariably I'll grab some to mix with current. However, I will reserve judgement until I see said kit but it doesn't fill me with the same excitement as seeing zogrod return or the snaggas.

As for prices there's only one direction they're going/ have gone and that's up. The cadian rebox is £29 for around 5 points of models. Orks aren't far behind. Toughness 5 or not the toughest thing will be the price and invariable lack of variety and poseability. 😢

Last edit - there's an irony that I'd said ages ago that some clan specific upgrade sprues - like what guard got - would have, for me, been preferable. From what guard players have said they'd have preferred a new kit. Doh!

Edited by 01RTB01, 11 June 2021 - 08:46 AM.

• Firedrake Cordova, Warhead01 and Captain Smashy Pants like this
Hidden Content

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,577 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar

Oh Joy wub.gif  Man those guys are lifting some heavy weights, that's a real dense thick Back there biggrin.png

If it is new boyz then i'll def add these to the roster...cool.png

Mithril

• Firedrake Cordova and Kierdale like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

matcap86

matcap86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 303 posts
  • Faction: DA, Custo, Ad-mech, GsC, SoB

Also, both left handed and right handed options! Small thing, but it really makes a difference in the look of a unit. 

• Firedrake Cordova likes this

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 697 posts

Same. I was excited. But no so much for the price implications

Kenzaburo

Kenzaburo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Custodes

I'm a bit more on the skeptical side as well. Interchangeability is one big thing that makes me anxious - the shoddy pic made me think I was looking at nobz first. Then everybody was like "new boyz models" and I thought, well, there goes the swapping of arms and kit and with a size/mass increase, my nobz will look more like boyz now.

And then there is the whole monopose thing. While the current kit is not super-varied, it's still full of standard poses to give a good impression of a horde of ever so slightly different boyz. The more dynamic monoposes of recent releases are less easy to customize and will stick out like a bad photoshop at times, as someone aptly said. And while yeah, it's all plastic and as such easier to convert, orks have large areas of naked muscles. Those are way harder to cut apart and stick together in new ways and make it still look right than, say, Primaris marines - which are pretty easy to modify. Messing with the kit might require more greenstuffing... and I hate working with that.

But so far we don't know enough yet. Let's see the proper kit first and see, what's there to work with. As with many ork players, I already own a large quantity of boyz - I might not need more than a box and make those skar boyz or big'uns or somesuch. :) 

• Firedrake Cordova, mithrilforge and 01RTB01 like this

Visit my painter profile on Instagram: https://www.instagra...gfused.painter/

gallery_48988_15465_14148.png gallery_48988_15465_5251.png gallery_48988_16045_6601.png

My Titanicus Plog  My Ultramarines Primaris Plog

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 544 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Orks

I wonder if there will be any new weapon options in the new kit for the nob?

Maybe big choppa or the mythical power stabba?

There might even be a new squad heavy weapon.

gallery_48988_15738_17267.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_13427.png

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 158 posts
With the nob traditionally having weapons options, boys being equipped with either shoota or choppa/slugga it gives me some hope for bare minimums of customization. If it is just hands and heads or arms and heads that would be enough.
Yeah the new vehicles aren't customisable but I think that's more due to the distinct styles of each one being harder to replicate with kitbash/scratch builds.
With them saying the beast snagga reveals is about half of what we are to expect, and dual kits being an option they could update most of the infantry relatively easily.
Boys kit, kommandoes/tankbustas, lootas/burnas, stormboyz, nobs could be combined with flashgitz to ramp up the price or remain separate and that would only leave bikes and characters left I believe.
Just depends how they want to play it out and if we have only seen half as they day.
Sorry for the wall of text.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,667 posts
*Insert mene about xenos gnashing their teeth no matter what*

Edited by Reinhard, 11 June 2021 - 11:36 AM.

• Sete and matcap86 like this

ShinyRhino

ShinyRhino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,719 posts
Guess I picked the right time to switch armies. I was planning to just scratchbuild my walkers and fill infantry with Beast Snaggas because I've always disliked the skinny bowlegged Boyz models. But these new ones look like proppa Orks. Also explains why the Start Collecting box went No Longer Available early.
-- "To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver, and to repel the enemy assault by fire and close combat."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users