It will be a while before I can build this- many of the models I need aren't available, but I just got the dex, and I wanted to build a list of models I like. It isn't optimized at all- my force is likely to remain small, though I do have a plan for growth.
I wanted both Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii units in my Crusade right from the get go; as the army grows, each of these forces may eventually form their own detachments, but for now they have to share command.
Cult Mechanicus Units:
Techno Archeologist 3 PL
- picked this HQ because I already have the model
3 Kataphron Breachers w Torsion Cannons 6 PL
- love Kataphrons and needed cult mechanicus troops
- chose torsion cannons to smash vehicles so I can scavenge parts
4 Servitors (Heavy Bolter x 2) 2 PL
- I will buy the techmarine/ servitor combo pack, so load out is fixed by models
- essentially ablative wounds for the HQ; they'll stick to him for the buffs too
5 Corpuscarii Electro-priests 3 PL
- I actually have a mild preference for the look of Fulgurites, but melle only in a force this small is a liability
Skitarii Marshal 3 PL
10 Skitarii Vanguard w data tether, arc rifle, plasma caliver 4 PL
- the Skitarii troops; didn't want heavy weapons
5 Sicarian Ruststalkers 4 PL
- love these even more than Kataphrons
Total: 25 PL
Cost: $328 CAD
Growth plan for Cult Mechanicus: 3 more Breachers, Robots w Datasmith
Growth Plan for Skitarii: 3 Ironstrider Ballastarii (joining one at a time); 2 more units of rangers
For a Forgeworld, I chose Agripinaa, given my fixation with Kataphrons.
As for my starting RP:
Cult Mechanicus Requisitions:
- Technoarcheologist: Relic: The Eye of Xi-Lexum (1 RP)
- Specialist Requisition: Indentured Machines (1 RP)
- Alpha HQ: Warlord Trait: Multitasking Cortex (1 RP)
- Vanguard Alpha: Specialist Requisition: Artefactotum (1 RP) + Relic: The Skull of Elder Nikola (1 RP)
The Story: Our Technoarcheologist will be deployed to the Desdaemona System upon its rediscovery by the Imperium to recover lost technology left by the original explorator fleets that discovered the system. His Kataphron minions are specialized vehicle hunters to assist with the recovery of technology. Because he is tasked with the acquisition of Tech, he chose this particular Skitarii team to support recovery efforts. The entire Patrol was essentially purpose built to achieve the tech scavengers agenda.
Edited by ThePenitentOne, 10 June 2021 - 11:26 PM.