Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Eternal Crusade - servers shut 10/09/2021

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,225 posts

Announced just a short while ago, Behaviour Interactive Inc are shutting down Eternal Crusade later this year. It's worth noting the game has barely clung on to life the last few years, barely peaking at under a hundred players.

• Prot, N1SB and Vesalius like this

mkbKIlr.png

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,063 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

this ain´t anything new, atleast to me. Dwingling players been a thing since highplayerbase guilds stopped. Nothing new added and if there was, it was just reskins at that.

GG, was good team game, pretty fun at times. Had good run

• Lucerne likes this

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,034 posts
They should have gone for an HH game. Loyalists vs Traitors. Easy to balance, lots of cosmetics, variety of maps.

Edited by Sete, 10 June 2021 - 08:47 PM.

• N1SB likes this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,001 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Was always a question of 'When?' and not 'If'.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,934 posts
I’m surprised it lasted as long as it did to be honest. The writing was on the wall for that game when they launched it prematurely. It kind of said it all when they used to show devs playing during development they were always genuinely surprised when they came across a bug that the community had been reporting en masse for weeks 😂
  • Juggernut and MetalMammoth like this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,001 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Guess the Crusade wasn't so Eternal.

Heheheheh.

• Larkyn likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,271 posts

"This war could have been glorious." The words were the traitor's, but there was a reluctant, tacit flicker of acknowledgement in the loyalist's eyes.

"Hmph." The loyalist glanced down to where his remaining arm hung limply at his side. His bolter would never fire again- not that his arm was in better shape. Flesh and bone poked through where the armour had been shattered, then crushed. A low, gurgling chuckle. "So. Heretic. Which of us won?" The answer was in the question- one dead man addressing another under the light of collapsing suns. Somewhere, there was distant gunfire. Orks. No other would still be here, had they the choice.

"The war...the war will go on." the traitor said, after a long pause, broken only by rattling breath and the rasping whine of shattered power armour. It wasn't a reply and they both knew it. "The Warmaster fled. His curs went with him. Abaddon will march on Cadia, and the Throne after that. Someday."

The loyalist actually laughed at that, a hacking noise more bitter than humorous. "Perhaps. Or perhaps my brothers will take his head and the rest of your damned kin with it. But neither of us will see it."

• Commissar Molotov, Larkyn, Squark and 3 others like this

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

"Agents of stealth and misrule they may be, but when the Alpha Legion unleash their martial might, worlds shake at their tread."

Squark

Squark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,089 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Huh. Weird how they announced it was coming to the US shortly before announcing the game's demise.

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03A_Custos_Fidei.jpgETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_02.jpg

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 378 posts

Considering how it was pretty much an asset-flip from THQ's (amazing) Space Marine game by an unexperienced studio that never truly left alpha stage, I'm surprised it lived on as long as it did.

• Juggernut likes this

Vesalius

Vesalius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts
I could never get it to start a game. Oh well. Wonder if it will live on in private servers like Age of Reckoning, or if that will even be possible.
  • Hexagon Sun likes this

Syphid

Syphid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 803 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Absolution

What a bizarre development story that was. I remember playing pre-alpha at PAX West with Angry Joe. Fun idea, sad to see it never really materialized.

"Hatred is the Emperor's greatest gift to humanity."

Covenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpg4bVlhOy.jpg

Progenitor

Progenitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts

So  much promise that never was truly realised, had fun with it years ago when it felt like it was being developed, shame that it just never got the dev time and money to live up to what it was originally supposed to be! 

"I think we'll be OK unless they have some giant robot camels."

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 854 posts
Did it ever really get off the ground. Would be a bit angry if I had put money into this. Luckily I played it for under 2hrs when it first came out as a beta on steam and immediately refunded it.
  • MetalMammoth likes this

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,063 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Did it ever really get off the ground. Would be a bit angry if I had put money into this. Luckily I played it for under 2hrs when it first came out as a beta on steam and immediately refunded it.

it went free to play. So, i would say no? You coudl buy premium points and use those in ingame store to get items, weapons, comsetics and one elite class

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,094 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

This was my experience as well.
Q:  Is there room for hope in the grim dark future of Warhammer 40,000?
A:  I do hope not because then it won't be the 40k universe anymore.
- Dan Abnett -

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Wolf Guard Einar

Wolf Guard Einar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,320 posts

I'm shocked... Shocked I tell you :)

User.exe has been terminated.

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,366 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels
Not surprised but still saddens me to hear.
A terrible launch poisoned the view people had of it, something that they were never able to get rid of.

It’s a shame really because the game I sunk a couple of hundred hours in ended up being pretty great after the initial problems.

Gonna miss it.

Edited by m0nolith, 11 June 2021 - 04:18 PM.

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users