Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Matched play to crusade help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

TheAlchemist

TheAlchemist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 59 posts
I have a 100 power list I've put together for Black Templars, but I'm having a hard time whittling it down to the 25p level. Can anyone help me?

HQ
High Marshal Helbrecht
Primaris Chaplin on bike

Elites:
Company veterans
Company veterans
Primaris Ancient
Vanguard Veterans
Assault terminators
Primaris apothecary

Troops:
Assault intercessors
Assault Intercessors
Incursors

Fast:
Plasma inceptors

Heavy:
Whirlwind
Whirlwind

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,467 posts
  • Faction: White Scars, Mantis Warriors

I've found 25 Power Level lists give a whole new challenge for my Marines, to make a Patrol Detachment you're looking at a minimum of 9 PL straight off the bat,, and with what you have listed I'm guessing it's going to be 11 (6 for the Chaplain and 5 for a Minimum sized troops choice).

This leaves you with 14 to play with, you're basically free to pick any two of your remaining units.

I'd probably go for:

• Chaplain on Bike
  • Incursors
  • Vanguard Vets
  • Plasma Inceptors

Use the tiny board space to your advantage by being able to threaten the entire battlefield with all of your units from turn 2 onwards and push your opponent into panicky choices.

Rik

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

Check out my White Scars here

Find me on Instagram here

ValourousHeart

ValourousHeart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,137 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Gossamer Shroud

While you can play 25 power games with a teeny-tiny version of your big army.  I prefer to just take the guts of the army I really want to play.

Vanguard detachment 

Primaris Chaplin on Bike

Terminator Assault Squad

Vanguard Veterans

Prmaris Apothecary

You'll hit hard, and be hard to shift with the TDA and Apothecary.  But you'll have to put thought into your objectives / agendas.  Don't worry, you can still win without taking banners.

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,467 posts
  • Faction: White Scars, Mantis Warriors
25 Power "Combat Patrol" games in Crusade are limited to the Patrol Detachment, entirely to prevent that kinda list I'm afraid.

Rik

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

Check out my White Scars here

Find me on Instagram here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users