Advice on building a 2500 pts Questoris Knights force

SabreUr

Hi everyone

Few words of introduction - recently in my gaming group interest in 40K kinda died out but a few people started moving to HH. I was wondering about doing the same thing, unfortunately my main army is not really compatible. What I have though is a pile of shame of Knights that are mostly WIPs (and currently not much $$$ to build any other army) that I was thinking on finishing.

I know that Knights in 30K are not very "casual game" type of force, but I was wondering if there is an option to build a bit "subdued" army from what I have - so both players can enjoy the game. If somebody could advise on something for 2,5K pts I would be extremely grateful.

This is what I have:
old Warden box, Renegade box (2 knights, one with Warden kit), Valiant, Castellan, Cerastus Atropos (probably only unit that is a must include for me, as I love this model :smile.:), 4x Helverins and 2 Armigers.

I am also fine with adding loyalist SM allies (if possible - Wolves).

Thanks for any help :smile.:

(edited title for clarity)

Edited by SabreUr

Hi everyone

Few words of introduction - recently in my gaming group interest in 40K kinda died out but a few people started moving to HH. I was wondering about doing the same thing, unfortunately my main army is not really compatible. What I have though is a pile of shame of Knights that are mostly WIPs (and currently not much $$$ to build any other army) that I was thinking on finishing.

I know that Knights in 30K are not very "casual game" type of force, but I was wondering if there is an option to build a bit "subdued" army from what I have - so both players can enjoy the game. If somebody could advise on something for 2,5K pts I would be extremely grateful.

This is what I have:

old Warden box, Renegade box (2 knights, one with Warden kit), Valiant, Castellan, Cerastus Atropos (probably only unit that is a must include for me, as I love this model :smile.:), 4x Helverins and 2 Armigers.

I am also fine with adding loyalist SM allies (if possible - Wolves).

Thanks for any help :smile.:

Welcome to the Horus Heresy Train.

Beware that is has no breakes, brother. ;)

How many points you are aiming at?

I am sure we can make something out of that pile of models.

Thank you for warm welcome :smile.:.

Welcome to the Heresy! I know nothing about Knights, but I suspect if your ‘main army’ was, say, Orks or Eldar, that 30k players would love to try their armies against you (using either 7th edition or even earlier codices, or the fan-made supplements).

Hah, maybe incompatible is the wrong word - the issue I have is different :smile.: My main army is Astra Militarum, but it's definitely too small to field a decent Militia army and I would have to buy (and paint) a lot more stuff.

-snip-

Beware that is has no breakes, brother. :wink:

2500 points.

Edit: I am fine with getting weapon swaps or an additional box (well, maybe except of FW knights :d) if that will make armylist more interesting.

Either way thanks for help :)

Edited by SabreUr

Thank you for warm welcome :smile.:.

Welcome to the Heresy! I know nothing about Knights, but I suspect if your ‘main army’ was, say, Orks or Eldar, that 30k players would love to try their armies against you (using either 7th edition or even earlier codices, or the fan-made supplements).

Hah, maybe incompatible is the wrong word - the issue I have is different :smile.: My main army is Astra Militarum, but it's definitely too small to field a decent Militia army and I would have to buy (and paint) a lot more stuff.

-snip-

Beware that is has no breakes, brother. :wink:

2500 points.

Edit: I am fine with getting weapon swaps or an additional box (well, maybe except of FW knights :biggrin.:) if that will make armylist more interesting.

Either way thanks for help :smile.:

I'll see into that this evening.

You've got two regular knights, one Valiant, one Castellan, one Cerastus Atropos, 4x Helverins and 2 Armigers, right?

I came to the conclusion that it is easier said then done. It's important to but the right things in the right army slot, though.

A shooty knight should be your HQ for obvious reasons. Regular Knights with Melter or Battlecannon in the troops section and so forth

So i did some blind poking around the BS and came up with this:

++ Questoris Knight Crusade Army (Questoris Knight Crusade Army) [2,455pts] ++

+ Troops +

Scion Auxilia . Questoris Knight Armiger Talon: 2x Armiger Autocannon, Heavy Stubber . Questoris Knight Armiger Talon: 2x Armiger Autocannon, Heavy Stubber

Scion Auxilia . Questoris Knight Armiger Talon: 2x Armiger Autocannon, Heavy Stubber . Questoris Knight Armiger Talon: 2x Armiger Autocannon, Heavy Stubber

Scion Martial . Questoris Knight Crusader: Avenger Gatling Cannon, Heavy Stubber, Questoris Battlecannon, Stormspear rocket pod

+ Fast Attack +

Scion Uhlan . Questoris Knight Gallant: Meltagun

Scion Uhlan . Questoris Knight Gallant: Meltagun

+ HQ +

Seneschal . Questoris Knight Dominus:

Plasma Decimator, 3x Two Shieldbreaker Missiles, Volcano Lance

Allegiance: Loyalist

For now i will leave Atropos in the box, it will be faster for me to assemble and paint plastic stuff first. I could fit bio corrosive rounds on Armigers and Crusader, though I am not familiar enough with the rules to decide if it makes sense.

Edited by SabreUr

• 4 weeks later...

Being a force with little more than a fistful of models, I believe eschewing the fancier ranks in favour of as many troop knights as possible is worth considering.

Not only do you get to save some points, but you gain "objective secured", which can prove invaluable and allows knight lists to "play the mission". Besides, buffing one's knights to high heaven might result in an army that isn't fun to play and/or play against