Augury Scanner and Fury of the Legion

Friday

I have an Apothecary equipped with an Augury Scanner that is attached to my Tactical Squad Troops.

Can my tactical squad elect to Fury of the Legion if an enemy unit arrives via reserves and is within 18" ?

Thank the for the reply - I don't know anything about interceptor I'm just going off the Augury Scanner rule specifically. It doesn't mention anything about interceptor. It only says "as if it were the players shooting phase".

Am I thinking this incorrectly? If I get a shooting phase shouldn't I be able to Fury of the Legion normally as if it were my own shooting phase?

Edited by Friday

Things that say "may do X as if Y phase" are so you can follow the necessary sequencing to actually resolve actions like shooting. However, that doesn't mean you're actually in the phase so you can't use rules that say "during Y phase".

It used to be in a faq to clarify, but a lot of stuff got lost in the reformat for the first post-8th faq and not everything has been readded properly.

Thank the for the reply - I don't know anything about interceptor I'm just going off the Augury Scanner rule specifically. It doesn't mention anything about interceptor. It only says "as if it were the players shooting phase".

Am I thinking this incorrectly? If I get a shooting phase shouldn't I be able to Fury of the Legion normally as if it were my own shooting phase?

Yupp, Fury is possible.

Skimaskmohawk is right but since they retconed it, we can fury with an Augury Scanner.

Nice boost to tactical squads.

Yupp, Fury is possible.

Skimaskmohawk is right but since they retconed it, we can fury with an Augury Scanner.

Nice boost to tactical squads.

If its not during the shooting phase, you can't do it.

Great feedback here.

Augury Scanner does specifically state the action takes place "as if it were the controlling platers shooting phase." I think I agree with Gorgoff on this one. The old interceptor rule I think did not allow for this but with the FAQ'd Augury Scanner I don't see any issue with it.

Great feedback here.

Augury Scanner does specifically state the action takes place "as if it were the controlling platers shooting phase." I think I agree with Gorgoff on this one. The old interceptor rule I think did not allow for this but with the FAQ'd Augury Scanner I don't see any issue with it.

Right, but to use fury you have to meet a few criteria;

-is it the shooting phase?

-did I move?

-am I snap shooting?

The unit firing all their weapons as of it was the shooting phase does not meet the qualifier for it being the shooting phase.

Great feedback here.

Right, but to use fury you have to meet a few criteria;

-is it the shooting phase?

-did I move?

-am I snap shooting?

The unit firing all their weapons as of it was the shooting phase does not meet the qualifier for it being the shooting phase.

Probably not a game breaker, lets be honest.

I'd allow it! 

Some kind of a grey-ish area I suppose. Fluffwise it is absolutely ok to let them Fury. Those marines don't know stuff like "phases" ;)

And it is a nice boost to tactical squads.

Thats just inconsistently applying the same rule. They need to be applied across all situations in the same way otherwise whats even the point if you can just cherry pick?

If its a house rule, sure, fine, do whatever on your own side of things.

But when dicussing something on the internet, you cannot go forward in a rules discussion with House Rules in mind since each and every group have their own/different ones (if at all).

Thats just inconsistently applying the same rule. They need to be applied across all situations in the same way otherwise whats even the point if you can just cherry pick?

If its a house rule, sure, fine, do whatever on your own side of things.

But when dicussing something on the internet, you cannot go forward in a rules discussion with House Rules in mind since each and every group have their own/different ones (if at all).

Well I think it is just not so well and by no means clearly written. I read that you can shoot as if in the shooting phase and in the shooting phase a tactical squad can fury.

But you can argue, that it is just that you use the regular rules from the shooting phase which means line of sight, how to hit and so on.

Both viable positions, but none of these are 100% bulletproof.

There is a reason after all why they FAQed it in the past.