Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TS player with 5 wins at SN Battle report GT

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

MillionsSons

MillionsSons

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts
The Thousand Sons player got 5 wins out of 6 games at SN Battle report Gibraltar GT this weekend.

Any one has infirmation on his list? It sounds really impressive.
  • N1SB likes this

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,281 posts

I've been searching and I can't find anything

• MillionsSons likes this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

MillionsSons

MillionsSons

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts

Apparently lists are available on BCP for subscribers any one is a subscriber and can share the list ? :)

Kouran

Kouran

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 33 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard, Emperor's Spears

You have a small info of the list in the recent goonhammer article of comptetitive inovations. 

• EnsignJoker and MillionsSons like this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,935 posts

My understanding is the list was aggressively placed Rubric blocks, and a lot of points reserved for summoning for back up.

It is my understanding the Thousand Sons took a solid thumping in round 2. Keep in mind this does alter your pairings.

• EnsignJoker likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

EnsignJoker

EnsignJoker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 508 posts
Doesn’t blood of kittens site usually have the lists up?
  • Prot and MillionsSons like this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,935 posts

Good catch. I just checked, but I don't think he has July lists up yet, and I notice that most lists he has up are only top 3. I think the Thousand Sons army finished 6th.

• EnsignJoker likes this

Click to see....

MillionsSons

MillionsSons

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts

You have a small info of the list in the recent goonhammer article of comptetitive inovations.

Thanks !

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,395 posts

Fratres, was it this one!?

gallery_57329_13636_111740.jpg

MillionsSons

MillionsSons

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts

Fratres, was it this one!?

gallery_57329_13636_111740.jpg

Yes!

https://youtu.be/P2Vec6tx-gk

Edited by MillionsSons, 22 July 2021 - 12:44 AM.

• N1SB likes this

Waking Dreamer

Waking Dreamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,219 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights

Is the tourney army points limit 1750 points?

BJyntGN.pngOOq4org.png

MillionsSons

MillionsSons

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts

Is the tourney army points limit 1750 points?

He kept points for summoning
  • Waking Dreamer likes this

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,395 posts

Brother MillionsSons, everyone, what do you think of the list please?  Would value your opinion.

My only thought about this was the Grav-Flux Bombard Chaos Leviathan Dreadnought.  I had used it in 8th for my non-KSons Chaos Space Marines, and it did flux stuff up, but it's kinda gone out of vogue since then.  My overall impression, just mine, was this player built a list that worked for him with his style that he got familiar with, which imho is the funnest way to play, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for all, but it was nice to see that for me.

MillionsSons

MillionsSons

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts

Brother MillionsSons, everyone, what do you think of the list please? Would value your opinion.

My only thought about this was the Grav-Flux Bombard Chaos Leviathan Dreadnought. I had used it in 8th for my non-KSons Chaos Space Marines, and it did flux stuff up, but it's kinda gone out of vogue since then. My overall impression, just mine, was this player built a list that worked for him with his style that he got familiar with, which imho is the funnest way to play, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for all, but it was nice to see that for me.

Yes its interesting, 3 remarks on my side:
- I dont play chaos pawn cause I’m on Ahriman side, I dont like the idea of us sorcerers being turned to flesh mash 😅😅. I recognize they are competitive though... and fielding 10 wow that’s interesting. I’ll wait for new codex but I definitely need to reconsider this unit.

- summoning
I also dont do this cause I’m always like, I could field it from the beginning... i need to reconsider this. And practice.

- Contemptor / Leviathan
I used to play contemptors before the FW v9 nerf. Nerf was too big for me to keep fielding them. But it seems it seems it fit well in that high-impact list.

I wonder hiw many times he didn’t get turn 1, cause the 20-rubrics alpha strike only works if you have turn 1 actually
  • Prot, N1SB, EnsignJoker and 1 other like this

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,830 posts

Brother MillionsSons, everyone, what do you think of the list please? Would value your opinion.

My only thought about this was the Grav-Flux Bombard Chaos Leviathan Dreadnought. I had used it in 8th for my non-KSons Chaos Space Marines, and it did flux stuff up, but it's kinda gone out of vogue since then. My overall impression, just mine, was this player built a list that worked for him with his style that he got familiar with, which imho is the funnest way to play, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for all, but it was nice to see that for me.

Yes its interesting, 3 remarks on my side:
- I dont play chaos pawn cause I’m on Ahriman side, I dont like the idea of us sorcerers being turned to flesh mash . I recognize they are competitive though... and fielding 10 wow that’s interesting. I’ll wait for new codex but I definitely need to reconsider this unit.

What if the spawns were gift of chaos'd space wolves?

I wonder hiw many times he didn’t get turn 1, cause the 20-rubrics alpha strike only works if you have turn 1 actually

Or if you managed to hide them in your opponent's turn?

Interesting list, would be good to see how it played and what the results were. 20 Rubrics would be hard to remove for sure. 

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pnggallery_58096_13272_2704.jpg

Xenos XX\

InKaras

InKaras

++AQUILA CÆRULEUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,250 posts

i didn't think you could take 20 Rubrics anymore?

April 14th / 2010 A New Kidney for me, yeay!

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 23,241 posts

You can take 20 Rubric squads with the current codex :tu:

gallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Ironclad | IG Stormies | =][= Stormies | AM Armigers

CSM Executioner | TSons Rubrics | Daemons Daemonettes

DE Warriors | Tyranids Termagaunts

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,935 posts

Actually I've played lists extremely similar to that, but no summoning. I've always struggled to get along with a Daemon force along side my Thousand Sons.

I will say for a very, very long time I've been a huge fan of Spawn. I've always called them my 'failed sorc pack'. It's the strat we have that takes them from mindless medicore meatbags to potentially very damaging. The strat essentially lets you tailor their abilities and remove some of the inherent randomness that makes the spawn fairly useless to other armies.

I actually LOVE this angle of taking something that is available to a lot of armies (IE: all of CSM) and making it really cool for one faction/chapter. In this case I just love the spawn, and take a 5 man squad every chance I have. With an invuln, these guys are no chumps. Plus it kind of does fit the theme for me!

The Rubrics are boring as heck, but I've played them this way. A giant mobile brick. You pull them back if you have to if you lose first turn, but if you get first turn it's potentially quite viscous. 

What I strongly dislike about 9th ed is they've centered it far too much on the Primary. So when someone asks me to look at their list, my go to is to ask 'how often are you max scoring the primary?' Literally it's a big part of what the Ru-brick lets you do. It is a little boring, and not as dynamic as what you may want from a glorious chapter like Thousand Sons, but a necessary evil until the new codex comes out (let's hope!)

Like Million Sons, I took Contemptors and Leviathans out after 9th kind of wacked them, and I'm still waiting for the nerf on Volkites.  For this reason I would not invest in Contemptors unless you already have them, (I often used a twin las x2 variant). 

Where I deviant strongly is I love the Scarabs... but they don't have Obsec. Wow would it change things if they did though. Really the Scarab Occult feel like mega Rubrics, and they actually operate really similar, so for this reason the Obsec advantage of Rubrics is probably the more competitive option.

The Summoning might be the ace in the sleeve that makes this work. And that's the part I have the least experience with. I simply don't do it. The first couple of times I sold my Thousand Sons armies, I had basic Tzeentch daemons in the mix and never used more than some Horrors/Pinks/Blues/Brims. And in my most recent iteration, I haven't included them in the army.

A lot of this is going to change in a week hopefully so I wouldn't get too worried about it.

• N1SB, MillionsSons, byrd9999 and 1 other like this

Click to see....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users