Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New lord release

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,375 posts
  • Faction: Craftworld Nebula
So i saw that there will be a lord model released the 24th? I think and available for 9 days after. I really like it but worried about price. $35 ill get him any more ill be out. Just cant justify any more, really hard to justify 35 honestly. Anyhow here is the pic.

W7i-Aa9dxf1x9-EIHg.jpg

What do y'all think about him?
gallery-48988-15465-6059.jpggallery-48988-16308-20607.pnggallery-30308-9518-8597.jpggallery-94427-16628-12663.png

I have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And I'm fresh outta bubble gum.

I like the way they pop.

ORDER OF THE CERULEAN SHROUD (SISTERS), NECRONS (ILLUMINOR'S MINIONS)
FROSEN STARS (HARLEQUINS), SAIM-HANN (CRAFTWORLD), DARK ELDAR
NIGHTLORDS,

gaurdian31

gaurdian31

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 719 posts

I like him, though I will need to see about doing something else with the head placement depending on the sprue. 

• Dread likes this
sml_gallery_39629_12080_1553.gifgallery_48988_16308_20607.pngsml_gallery_48988_16024_820.png

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,391 posts

I think he's kind of weird looking. Might get one but there are other overlord models that I prefer.

• Dread likes this

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Get Thokt

Get Thokt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 241 posts
  • Faction: Necrons, Dark Angels

I like him, though I will need to see about doing something else with the head placement depending on the sprue.

Please oh please let the head be adjustable. This guy looks like he's trying to take a sniff at his armpits
  • Dread and gaurdian31 like this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,572 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar

I can honestly say i have enough Necron lords to sink a tombship... this one is pretty average actually, i will be saving my $55 for half a box of models later on down the road...

nice that they're offering him up but i could think of better models to put up for limited run redo's ...

Mithril

• Dread likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,359 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

Pose is meh, and the staff of light is cool but who takes a Staff of Light on any character except a cryptek, like, ever? 

I like his crown, but like Mithril, I too have far more overlords than I know what to do with--Sarnakh, Kani, Rezak, Chronozak, Trazyn, and that's just what's painted and not counting Szarekh and his subordinates, or my Senor Skorpekh.

I'll probably pass on him, which is a shame since he looks cool, but what can be done, eh?

• Dread likes this

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Get Thokt

Get Thokt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 241 posts
  • Faction: Necrons, Dark Angels
To be fair the Voltaic Staff (an upgrade of the Staff of Light) is pretty decent on an Overlord.

The crown closely resembles a head-thong imo 🤣
  • Dread likes this

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 744 posts
I’m a fan of unique models, even if they’re ugly. Ill probably pick one up.
  • Dread likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,935 posts

I'm okay with the sculpt. It's a bit static, but I like the Orb (could be closer to the dynamic action on the Chronomancer glowy globe) and the Staff is good.  I don't like the head at all though. But what I do like is the Orb/Staff is a unique combo. (Although there is an older one that is quite nice).

• Dread likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,301 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
He looks too calm, i.e., NOT menacing, NOT promising the death and destruction of all who oppose him. A frown would've GREATLY improved his looks.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker, 22 July 2021 - 06:12 PM.

• Prot and Dread like this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 18,054 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
I'm not sure on the stance to be fair, but I'm interested to see if a different angle is more generous in appearance.
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,322 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
The staff and orb are cool.

Everything else looks boring as hell.

dice4thedicegod

dice4thedicegod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,004 posts
With the orb and headband, he makes me want to start a basketball dynasty
  • Prot and brother_b like this

Mordas

Mordas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts

I just ordered him, hoping I can reposition his head or swap it out.

• Prot likes this

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,935 posts

Please let us know, because that's exactly what I hope to do. (Honestly I may just skip it and go to the start collecting box for that kind of pose, but the 'collector' in me would like this.)

Click to see....

Mordas

Mordas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts

Please let us know, because that's exactly what I hope to do. (Honestly I may just skip it and go to the start collecting box for that kind of pose, but the 'collector' in me would like this.)

One issue is that its going to take 120 days plus to get to me so you may want to order anyway ;)

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,391 posts

Having looked at the proper photos on the GW site it's really not my favourite Overlord. I'm passing on this one. I just got the combat patrol, with the old plastic Lord with scythe. He's going to be my Leader, with the scythe bit replaced by a spare Void Dragon head, representing the Voltaic staff.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 744 posts
Got one. Like I said, more of a collector piece. He’s the only plastic Lord as far as I know.

I also took the opportunity to get the Nightbringer and a chronomancer. They got me in checkout!
  • NTaW likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,935 posts

Having looked at the proper photos on the GW site it's really not my favourite Overlord. I'm passing on this one. I just got the combat patrol, with the old plastic Lord with scythe. He's going to be my Leader, with the scythe bit replaced by a spare Void Dragon head, representing the Voltaic staff.

That is exactly what I was planning. I looked at the 'special' lord, and it looks a bit like those old training models they used to come out with, and I looked at the Combat Patrol box and thought... I would actually use this lord... and the immortals/bikes.

Click to see....

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts

The sprue pics are on the site, looks like the head is attached to the neck on there, but should be fairly simple to separate it and relace it with a lychguard head (other heads are available).

• Prot likes this

Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence; Scion of Albion; Baron of Camelot; Champion of Mortarion; Lord under Abaddon; Emissary of Szarekh.

Victorus aut Mortis

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 18,054 posts
Seeing it on the GW website from a different angle, direct on and it looks awful. This is a hard pass from me.

I'm not sure what's going on with GW really, how did this get through quality control? It's awful.
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

gaurdian31

gaurdian31

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 719 posts

I ordered it as a collector myself. Will try to do something about the head. 

sml_gallery_39629_12080_1553.gifgallery_48988_16308_20607.pngsml_gallery_48988_16024_820.png

Mordas

Mordas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts

slightly off topic but going back to your Necron Overlords, what gear are you usually running with them?

I saw someone say they wouldn't take the staff of light, but it's my go-to weapon at the moment for my overlord on foot with the veil of darkness to teleport my warriors where I need them.

So how are you guys running yours?

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 18,054 posts
Overlords are great candidates for the Voltaic Staff and it seems like a shame not to have a Resurrection Orb if you're on foot, since you likely got a whole bunch of footsloggers.

Serious Geeks

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,391 posts
I’m also looking at voltaic staff and res orb. I’ll probably give the veil to a chronomancer or some other guy. Maybe a royal warden or psychomancer.

I like the voltaic staff because of the Tesla mortal wound strat. An overlord is relatively hard to remove so you ought to be able to keep doing it, and that way you also aren’t putting your Lord too much at risk.
  • Dread likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users