[LPC][Flesh Eaters redux] Sanguinary High Priest Vorax

The Librarium Painting Challenge caught my attention, I have planned for a redux of my Flesh Eaters for a while now, but just couldn't get started (always the same old story).

I am on a bit of a tight schedule, as I will become a father for the first time ca Feb 28 :(, so this model should be quite enough work for me. After the baby is born, I don't think I will be able to paint so much for a while. ;)

Anyway, my 'counts-as-Corbulo': Sanguinary High Priest Vorax ('Vorax' is Latin for gluttonous, voracious :lol: ):

gallery_19_2862_10071.jpg

gallery_19_2862_25164.jpg

gallery_19_2862_30701.jpg

gallery_19_2862_21354.jpg

Colours? Vorax will be all white with a red helmet and golden details.

All comments are welcome! ;)

it is a very nnice conversion.

but where is his chalice??

He has a very small cup in his belt-pouch. :P

I figured his helmet could be an ancient heirloom of the Flesh Eaters, perhaps it was worn by Carnagus (founder High Priest of the Chapter). The sight of this fearsome artifice on the battlefield whips the FEs into a fury before charging. Yes, that's it. :P

I like the work put into this guy. Great job so far.

His Exsanguinator arm looks odd though, maybe it's the angle of the shot but, it looks as if he's trying to decide if he should be doing that 'Karate-chop' or not.

It would look better if he clenched his fist imho. :P

Great conversion there Des! :)

I like the pose and have to disagree with Nihm on the Exsanguinator arm though; it looks like he's waving his bloodcrazed frothing brethren on. Now if his head were turned to the left instead, he'd look like doing a chopping motion but now, it looks pretty natural.

Can't wait to see him painted. I remember your first FE chappie back in the day (the one in your sig) and thought he looked fierce (I actually used that same head for my FL chaplain later on ^_^ ), so this guy ought be quite the badass when finished.

Good luck with the little vampire btw; you sure will be leading the nocturnal life for the first few months... ;)

Great conversion there Des! :ph34r:

I like the pose and have to disagree with Nihm on the Exsanguinator arm though; it looks like he's waving his bloodcrazed frothing brethren on. Now if his head were turned to the left instead, he'd look like doing a chopping motion but now, it looks pretty natural.

Can't wait to see him painted. I remember your first FE chappie back in the day (the one in your sig) and thought he looked fierce (I actually used that same head for my FL chaplain later on ^_^ ), so this guy ought be quite the badass when finished.

Good luck with the little vampire btw; you sure will be leading the nocturnal life for the first few months... ;)

Thanks, I'll not invest in a coffin yet though. ;)

The pose was intended as a 'This way!! For Sanguinius!!' stance, I like it myself but I see Nihm's point (even though he is wrong :P). A clenched fist would rule, but not this time.

The FE chappie in my sig was actually my third FE chap! ^_^

The FE chappie in my sig was actually my third FE chap! <_<

Gah; that's not the one I meant (I wrote that at work, where most pics are blocked; I only see my error now). I meant the one from the 2nd ed range of 4 chappies; his helmet had fangs of its own and he had his crozius pointed up diagonally to the left; you know the one...

• 1 month later...

Hi lads and lassies,

On Sunday Feb 22, I became the proud father of Axel - one week earlier than expected. :tu:

As a direct result, I now spend my days and nights wielding not brushes but diapers. :eek

LPC custom penitent sig in place. :eek

Archived