The Librarium Painting Challenge

=][= Time's Up! =][=

The Librarium Painting Challenge

A Happy New Year and welcome to 2009 everyone! Last year a number of the Librarium's staff set themselves a New Year's Resolution, each promising to paint a model, squad or vehicle by a certain time. They were joined in this Librarium Challenge by a number of brave Frater, the results of the Challenge can be found here. Why are we telling you all this? Well following on from the success of the previous Librarium Painting Challenge we're going to run another one.

So what are the details and how do I enter? Are there prizes and punishments? Read on MacDuff, read on...

The original Challenge was designed to provide those lucky modelers and painters who got board appropriate 40K units from Santa (and I trust you were all good little boys and girls and received presents rather than lumps of coal, right?), and those who are just plain old struggling to finish a model or unit, some motivation to model and paint up their new loot. The motivation is two fold. First, the glory and camaraderie of participating in the Challenge, together with a cool signature for those who complete their challenge, provide positive motivation for entrants to succeed. And if that doesn't work there's always the punishments :) For those who fail, shame, a penitent signature (like last year's ones, you can see them in the thread linked to earlier...) and the requirement to write and submit an article to the Librarium await. If positive reinforcement doesn't work for you then that should, right? :)

If you want to participate, copy the vow below, fill in the blanks and post it in this thread. Note that the actual nature of the Challenge is up to you, last year some vowed to complete an entire army, others a squad or even a single model. Also note that any board appropriate miniature(s) is fair game - 40K, Epic, Space Hulk Terminators , BFG ships and Inquisitor models are all legitimate models for your vow.

The Challenge begins on January 1st 2009, the last day to sign up is the 15th of January and the completion date for models is the 28th of February, when you must post photos of you finished vow model(s) or face humiliation and shame from your successful comrades!

I, [insert name here], vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least [units/models amount here] on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

The Signature of Shame will be similar to the one worn by several of last year's participants and a new Vow Completed signature will also be made available to those who succeed in their appointed tasks.

In addition those who fail are required to write and submit an article for the Librarium. This isn't as bad as it sounds really, as Librarium entries are a varied lot ranging from DIY Index Astartes articles thousands of words long to modelling tutorials with a handful of pictures to Codex Imperialis entries just a few dozen words long and we'll gladly accept any of those or anything else you can think of as submissions for the Librarium. We'd also encourage successful participants (and anyone else) to submit articles to the Librarium too. An obvious choice of article might be to catalogue your minis from whoa to go and to create a painting or modelling tutorial for the Librarium, be it a 'complete how to paint a Marine', or a 'quick & easy ways to paint bolters' type of article.

Feel free to grab any member of the Librarium staff (look for +CODICIER+ or +LEXICANIUM+ under 'Group' under a member's avatar) for help on ideas for articles or help on formatting them folks, and also remember you can apply to join the Librarium as a Lexicanium by taking this simple test!

Again, if you want to see exactly what's involved, have a look over at the previous Librarium Painting Challenge.

Completed Vows

Epic Thoughts- one Chaos Lord. WIP thread. Completed model.

Vash113- 5 Long Fangs and 20 Grey Hunters. WIP thread.. Completed Models.

Mal- 5 Imperial Fists WIP Thread, with completed models inside. Additional 5 marines painted, pictures here.

Lord Antharis- five Terminators. WIP Thread, with completed models inside.

Max Dammit- Wolflord with 4 Wolfguard bodyguard.WIP Thread, with completed models inside.

Rookster- 1 dreadnought and 1 vindicator. Completed Models Gallery.

hendrik- 1 wolf priest. WIP Updates. Finished model. Additional Wolf Guard painted.

Thantoes- 7 Sternguard. WIP thread. Completed Models. 2 Additional models.

deaglesuk- 14 Plague Marines built from converted bits. WIP Updates, plus Completed Models

Punkfish- One Terminator Librarian, one unit of sniper scouts and a Baal Predator. Completed Models, with WIP Updates.

Skull_Lord- Dreadnought , the nine remaining Marines of Tactical Squad Rainar and finish a Vindicator. Awaiting Pictures.

Cedric- 5 models. Completed Models, with WIP Updates.

solidzaku- One vindicator.

Ra1stl1n- 1 Vindicator, 1 Wolf Guard Leader with Thunder hammer and storm shield and one Wolf lord Completed models, with WIP updates.

Arutha- one Crimson Fist Venerable Dreadnaught. WIP thread. Completed Model.

Rindaris- one custom Power Armored Inquistion Lord and an Ordo Xenos dreadnought. Completed Models.

200Plus- one converted Wolf Priest and completion of a 1/2 finished Space Wolf Venerable Dread. WIP thread. Completed Model One, Completed Model Two.

muzzyman1981- 1 Wolf Lord and 5 Blood Claws. Completed Models, with WIP pictures.

RazakelXIII- 10 gothic-style Chaos Space Marines. WIP Thread. Completed Models.

Sandalphon- One Angels of the Lion combat squad. WIP Thread. Completed Models.

Irabrai- 1 Rhino, 5 assault marines and 5 tactical marines. WIP Thread, with Completed Models.

Age Quod Agis- A ten man tactical squad. WIP thread, with Completed Models.

Gillyfish- four Deathwing terminators. Completed Models.

medusa_ritchie- 1 Land Raider Crusader and 1 veteran sergeant. WIP thread. Completed Models.

Terminatorinhell- terminator librarian and chosen unit. Completed Models.

BrotherDamascus- 1 Command Squad with one Commander. WIP thread. Completed Model.

Brother Richard- Masters of the Chapter (Watch, Fleet, Recruit, Arsenal). Completed Models.

Sarr- 10 Alpha Legion Marines. WIP thread. Completed Models.

FOE- Marneus Calgar and Honour Guard. WIP post. Completed Models.

Emperor's Instrument- one Company Captain, Chaplain Lemartes, 5 man Death Company, One Dreadnought, One Razorback, 5 man Assualt Squad, 3 man Bike Squad and one Attack Bike. Completed Models.

BobMakenzie- 10 Death Company, 5 Terminators & 5 Scouts. WIP thread. Completed Models.

Brother DjoulZ- a TDA Marshal. Completed Model.

Narthecium- One rhino and a ten strong Terminator squad. WIP Thread, with Completed Models.

Momento Mori- one Black Templar Dreadnought. WIP Thread. Completed Model.

Ryder- Black Templar initiates and either a chaplain or marshal. WIP Thread. Completed Models.

Ikik- 1 Raven guard tactical squad, Raven Guard Telion convert and Sicarius. WIP thread. Completed Models.

MaveriK- a custom Wolf Lord and two Space Wolves Warriors from the Black Library Lone Wolves diorama. Completed Models.

Leonaides- two 10 man tactical squads and a terminator squad (from Black Reach). WIP Thread, with Completed Models.

Kyr Gkikas- 20 new Blood Claws. WIP Thread, with Completed Models.

aNex88- 10 Chaos Space Marines and 5 Assault Terminators. WIP thread. Completed Models.

MERC3065- 1 Black Templar Terminator Chaplain and 5 Sword Brethren Assault Terminators. WIP Thread, with Completed Models.

PerryT- 1 librarian and 5 assault marines. WIP thread. Completed Models.

Elijah7- a specialized squad of 10 Salamander Space marines. Completed Models.

OMG- 10-man squad of Luna Wolf tactical marines, w/flamer, ML & Sarge w/PF, 1 Converted Razorback (to make it look pre-heresy; you’ll see) and 1 Converted SM Captain, Torgaddon, the Mournival’s Lord Humorous. WIP Thread. Completed Models.

The Angelus Sanctus- a single Word Bearers Dark Apostle. WIP Thread. Completed Model.

Peredyne- 1 unit of Brazen Claws Tacticals Marines. Completed Models.

Vassakov- 3 Blood Claws Bikers, Herald of Khorne on Juggernought. WIP thread. Completed Models.

DGC- one Razorback. WIP Thread, with Completed Model.

TeamLando- one Wolf Lord and 5 new Space Wolves. Completed Models.

chard289- one librarian and a predator. Completed Models.

ShinyRhino- One refurbished Razorback, one flamer-armed Marine, two missile launcher-armed Marines, and a single Space Marine Biker. WIP thread. Completed Models.

Chapter Master Kanithon- 2 ten-man Tactical Squads. Completed Models.

Zopha- one Chaplain and one Predator Annihilator. Completed Models.

Honda- one Landraider and two Landraider Crusaders. Completed Models.

SamboR- an Emperor's Champion and Land Raider Crusader. WIP Thread, with Completed Models.

Grimfoe- A Wolf Lord and his Retinue in Tactical Dreadnought Armor. WIP thread, with Completed Models.

Brother Anvilus- 5 Scouts. Completed Model Links.

13thWarrior- two units of Wolf Scouts (12 models) and three Wolf Guard Leaders. Completed Models.

Ebsolom- two Tac Squads with Rhino Transport, one Drop Pod and two Landspeeders. Completed Models.

Plowboy22- one Black Templar Predator. Completed Model.

Captain Malachi- a bloodthirster. WIP Thread. Completed Model.

Captain Kael-one black templars chaplain with jump pack and one crusader squad. Completed Models.

Shortsonfire79- one Chapter Master of the Royal Redeemers. Completed Model.

TDA- a pair of Obliterators. Completed Models.

UllrDirefang- Logan Grimnar and 5 Wolf Guard Bodyguards. WIP thread, including Completed Models.

Failed but article submitted

Ferrus Manus- One BA Honour Guard, Drop Pod and possibly a Captain. WIP Thread.

Midian- One Land Raider Redeemer/Crusader and a Counts-As Sgt Chronos (mounted and on foot)

Sigismund Himself- One Castigator Space Marine to the highest quality available

Aurelius Rex- One 5 man Scions of Dorn Scout biker squad

Darth Potato- one Space Wolf Rune Priest

Ferrata- a squad of Ultramarines

brother Hastatus- a squad of Sternguard veterans and a drop pod

AngryJohnny- 5 Tactical Marines. WIP thread.

BigJon- Land Raider Crusader and Dreadnought

Ziggy Stardust- 1 Jump pack Chaplain and 1 AoBR captain. WIP Thread.

bystrom- ten assault marines

Failed and Article Still Owed

Warp Angel- 2x ten man tactical squads with transports

Reyner- A commander and 2 squads

T14- One TDA sword brother, one initiate and one neophyte. WIP Thread.

Captain Chapel- one 5 man Terminator Assault Squad, a Land Raider Redeemer/Crusader and Chaplain/Captain

SCC- 3 Epic Devastator stands and one Epic Razorback

Skoby- Lysander and 5x sternguard

littlbitz- 1 Deathwing Terminator Squad

Evil Homer- 14 scratch converted plague marines, GS'd and painted

Brother Tyler- one heavily converted independent character and one Exorcists Dreadnought. WIP in blog.

Lord Ragnarok- one pack of Space Wolves' Grey Hunters

LPetersson- 10 Grey Hunters, 10 Blood Claws and one Predator. WIP thread.

Daeothar- One combat squad of Fiery Lions. WIP thread.

Logain the Ranger- 2 Tactical Squads, 1 Command Squad and 1 Commander

SpeakerfortheDead- 10 Assault Marines and 1 Furioso Dreadnought. WIP thread.

RandomX- 1 Black Templar Command Squad (Consisting of an Apothecary, Standard, Fighting Company Champ, Sergeant, and a Assault Weapon Initiate), 3 Marshall/Castellan models, and a Techmarine w/ 2 Servitors

kobrakei- 6 Scouts, Teilon and 7 Sternguard

Ameal2007- One Predator and 12 Assault Marines for the Iron Dragons DIY Chapter, and One Captain and Two Tactical Squads of Imperial Fists Chapter

Red-Dragon- Rhino

AVG- 2 tactical squads w/ rhinos & 1 dreadnought. WIP in blog.

Master Librarian Block- two ten-man tactical squads with transports

Shiodome- 2 units (of no less than 5 models each). WIP thread.

son_of_honda- one grey hunter pack ten wolves strong and one bloodclaw pack ten wolves strong

Onisuzume- one Tactical Squad of ten Battle Sisters, a Company Mistress

Grey Mage- 1 Land Raider Crusader and 15 bloodclaws

Vampyrer0me0- Wolf Lord and his Bodyguard in terminator armour and finish building my leman russ exterminator

Wolf89- one Wolf Lord on bike

Carmody444- 1 vindicator, 1 wolf guard battle leader w/ thunder hammer and storm shield, 1 assault bike with multi melta

Rogue Trader- one Captain and one Command Squad

Blindhammer- 1 Black Templar TDA Marshall, 1 Pre-Heresy Death Guard Captain, 1 Death Eagle veteran and 1 Imperial Fist standard bearer

Imperialis_Dominatus- a squad of Death Company, their Chaplain, and their Rhino

Grimdarkness- a Dreadnaught

newach- 1 drop pod, 5 scout bikes and Telion

Golden Avenger- one Tactical squad of 10 marines. WIP thread.

Mr.(Space)Marine- One Space Marine Terminator, One Space Marine Captain, and two Chaos Space Marines . WIP Thread.

Chaplain Desmodus- one Flesh Eaters Sanguinary High Priest. WIP thread.

ladislao- a Vindicator

Foote64- 2 ten man Tactical Squads, one five man Sternguard squad, one Commander and two Rhinos/Razorbacks

Brother Argos- one squad of Tactical Marines

battle captain corpus- 2 Tactical Squads with transport

Dreadnought Baraziel- one Forge World Venerable Dreadnought, one True-Scale Sternguard Sergeant, one Deathwing Terminator Squad, and one Company Veteran. WIP thread.

Alys Dwr- 1x 5 man deathwing squad, 1x dreadnought and a 10 man tactical squad. WIP thread.

Luku- two scout squads

Captin Xavier- Marneus Calgar

Holme118- 1 Razorback and 5 Grey Hunters

Starbuck- Captain Artimus of The Dark Angels 3rd Company

Nephren-ka- 1 combat squad

Dreadclaw- 1 Rune Priest and 5 Terminators Wolf Guards

Snozz- 5 Converted Tactical Space Marines AND a fully painted and converted Master of the Fleet, complete with fluff

Brother_Israfil- one 10-strong tactical squad with Rhino transport. WIP thread.

James- 5 robed DC, a Rhino, and a Predator

Baal Dropout- 10-man Tactical Squad with Rhino transport, an Attack Bike sidecar with Multi-Melta and gunner/passenger, a converted Sanguinary High Priest Corbulo, and finally a scratch/converted Venerable Furioso Dreadnought. WIP Thread.

vanimal- one truescale cassius and 10 sternguard

SamaNagol- 5 man RAS and a Chaplain with Jump Pack

jawaballs- one Blood Angels Land Raider and Terminator Squad

Rogue Trooper- one ten-man Tactical Squad and one five-man Scout Squad

Nilsson- one captain and do the final touch ups on his command squad, one ten man squad of tactical marines, finish my dreadnought, finish my sniper-scout squad and also finish my techmarine

Marius Perdo- one terminator squad, one tactical squad, one sternguard veterans squad, one devastator squad, one assault squad, one dreadnought, and one librarian. WIP Thread.

Jonny Wolf- two Dreadnoughts

Hellstrike- 2 Tactical Squads, One Captain, One Command Squad, and One Chaplian of the Raven Guard

Brother Grunt- one Marshal and one ten man crusader squad w/drop-pod

WookieeGunner-one Dreadnaught

MEanBOb- 5 man assault squad, high marshal helbrecht, and a rhino. WIP Thread.

Belfast- one 9 man squad of Thousand sons

Kyng72- a Scout Sniper Squad

I, Warp Angel, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 2 10 man tactical squads with transports, on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Reyner, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least a commander and 2 squads on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

For the Emperor I will do this!

As an extra i will also update my IA article and try and make it good!

I, Bigger-than-Jesus vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one =][= model on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Ferrus Manus , vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 BA Honour Guard, Drop Pod and Possibly a Captain on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

And unlike the Call of the Imperium I will get this done :D

Entering this year Sig?

I, T14, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least One TDA sword brother, One initiate and one neophyte on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Narthecium, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one rhino and a ten strong Terminator squad on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Punkfish, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least One Terminator Librarian, One unit of sniper scouts and a Baal Predator on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Midian, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 Land Raider Redeemer/Crusader and 1 Counts As Sgt Chronos (mounted and on foot) on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Captain Chapel, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one 5 man Terminator Assault Squad, a Land Raider Redeemer/Crusader and at least one character model be it Chaplain or Captain before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, SCC, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 3 Epic Devastator stands and one Epic Razorback for my Epic Brazen Claws army on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I know, I know, that doesn't sound like a lot, 'Some Epic minis? That's all you're painting? A handful of tiny little guys and a tiny little tank?' but I am the B&C's resident Reverse Speed Painting Champion, so that's actually a fair bit to do in 8 weeks for me!

I, Skoby, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least Lysander and 5x sternguard on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Littlbitz, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least, 1 Deathwing Terminator Squad on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Hmm... this could be good, or end very bad.

I, Evil Homer, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 2 ten man tactical squads and 2 ten man Assault Squads on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Hopefully this is the motivation I need.

EH

I, Brother Tyler, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one independent character on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

And before you laugh, historical evidence amply demonstrates that I've set a goal that will prove challenging for me. Never fear, though, as my independent character will be heavily converted.

And I've already begun writing notes down for an article. ^_^

I, Peredyne, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 unit of Brazen Claws Tacticals Marines on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I,Lord Ragnarok, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one pack of Grey Hunter SW's on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done and give up my daily ration of ale for a month.

I, Epic Thoughts, vow on the honour of my Chapter Legion and Konrad Curze to paint and present at least one Chaos Lord on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, FOE, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present the Marneus Calgar and Honour Guard (a gift from my children this Christmas) on or before the 28th of February, 2009 (if the package shows up from Games Workshop by Jan. 15). I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done and give up my daily ration of ale for a month.

Got my models and I have started painting! Updates comming soon.

I, Max_Dammit, vow on the honour of my Legion to paint and present at least a Wolflord in TDA and 4 Wolfguards on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

God what did i do

I, Sigismund Himself, vow on the honour of my Chapter to convert, paint and present at least one Angel of Perdition Space Marine to the highest quality that I am able to do, on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Top post updated with everyone before this post.

I, LPetersson, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 10 Grey Hunters, 10 Blood Claws and one Predator on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article, wear the Signature of Shame and abstain from mead and wenches until my penitence period is done.

I, Aurelius Rex, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one 5 man Scions of Dorn Scout biker squad, on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Captain Malachi, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one grand master of the Dark Angels and helmet bearer on or before the 28th of February, 2009. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I just know I'm going to regret this, where do we post the wip updates?

Archived