true scale marines

empty choke

so, after seeing all these amazing simply amazing true scales around the board i'm interested in giving it ago for myself, using the new wolf guard set as i'm going to do a space wolf squad.

but now im just wasting time i need a tut for them if there's one out there mucho appreciated mates! :)

-greg

Try doing a search, or checking the Librarium's modelling tutorial section. On the very first page of this subforum, there are two truescaling topics - the Synapse pattern and a thread by Elusive71. Off the top of my head, I know there are at least three very different up-sizing methods detailed in the Librarium.

There's Elusive71's "Sentinel Variant MkI", Synapse's pattern, Doghouse's "Actual Scale" Astartes, Cry Wolf's method, Doghouse's "Gothic Pattern", and schoon's (which is based on Elusive71's).

And that's just stuff listed in the Modelling Tutorials subforum - that is, where this thread is located.

For a "practical" example, you just can't miss Dan the Deamon's Truescaled Night Lords & Alpha Legion.

Tsuros truescale is the best I have ever seen.. No tutorial though, just playing around with gs and plasticard, however I would dare to say that this one is most on par with the fluff images, take a look:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m290031a_P2Mb3.jpg

The power armour is huge, the legs are thick and wide, not insanely thin like the models, and the bolter and weapons are tiny in comparsion to the sons of russ. I mean TAKE A LOOK AT THAT LASER CANNON!

Here's Tsuros best truescale:

gallery_28868_1452_144679.jpg

See what I'm talking about? Looks like the marine can live in the suit and move around with ease. If you can create something like this, you will have one fantastic army\squad\figure (depending on how many you intend to make) ^_^

Now he never did finish his truescales, but, hopefully, one day he just might. When GW finally gives the adeptus astartes the models they deserve, I will be a happy man :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived