Blood Angel Resource Project

Morticon

Greets guys!

So, JamesI and myself have a mission for those parties interested in helping out.

As noted in the "where have the old posters gone" thread, there is usually a LOT of repetition in threads and questions that doesn't really aid the constructiveness of anything - it also serves to get older posters more and more frustrated.

James and I have been meaning to work on a special thread of BA resources, with lots of hyperlinks which will be new players/posters' first course of action for searching.

Unfortunately time constraints of real life plus managing/modding the forum make it tough to do all the ground work for this.

So..thats where you guys come in.

I'm gonna post up a list of topics that most of you will recognise.

What we need to do is find a bunch of links to those topics - at which point James and myself will copy em in and format em up into a nice shiny resource thread that will be stickied.

Thats pretty much it!! Help if you can/want!

Thanks in advance!

Topics:

HQ

Honour Guard

ELITE

Priests

Terminators

Sternguard

Sang Guard

Furiosos

TROOPS

Tactical Squads

Assault Squads

Scouts

FAST

Bikes

Scout Bikes

Attack Bikes

Speeders

Vanguard Vets

Baals

HEAVY

Preds

Dreads

Vindies

Whirlies

Devastator Squds

OTHER TACTICS/Dicussions:

Drop Pods

Land Raiders

Mech/Razor Spam

All JP lists

Mort, if i understand properly you guys want to (and ask us to help) make tacticas for each unit that a question arises on. if a topic already excists (most likely on many cases) were to provide a link towards it in the hopes that the same topics wont be repeated a bazillion times.

correct?

What he's asking is for us to use our searchfu and track down these wiley links and organize them so they can be put into this resource project. For example, you could round up all threads about Sanguinary Guard and do your best to isolate the most helpful and content-packed threads from that Sanguinary Guard topic.

So are we to provide links from all over the net, or pick up B&C threads to reorganize them to prevent posting the already discussed topics?

Initially from the BnC! But, anything that is vetted and considered to be helpful enough to the community and hosted at a place that is acceptable by BnC standards should be good to go! :rolleyes:

Hey guys, as someone who IS that new GUY with a BIZZILOIN questions you have already heard a BIZZILION times ,that project sounds like everything someone like me would need. To all those guys pitching in and James1 and Morticon for dreaming it up a massive Thank You !

I'll start, this topic was and is excellent for DoA players, so thanks to syypher for starting it originally :-

Descent of Angels Tips and Tricks

btw excellent idea Mort and James :)

Thanks Midnight - keep em coming guys. James and I will add this to the invisied thread we have in waiting to be unleashed on the populace when it is ready ^_^

I'll start with a few links, dedicated to BA most notable unit - Death Company, and its questionable value in the latest C:BA

Death Company, Is it a must-have unit?

Death company worth his points ?

The answers provide here sometimes duplicate each other, but overall these threads provide a great deal of DC variations and players' experience with this unit.

Another questionable topic, regarding DC is Defining the quantity of DC Dreads, Is Lemmy a DC model?, this is a pretty specialized question, but it caused a hot debate in my local community, so a general consensus would also be useful for both newbies and veterans.

Epistolary:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=217236

Common Devestators:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=215790

Vanguard Vets:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...203&hl=vets

Hope its useful.

How do I make it into a link?

T.

When you're posting a reply just above the chat box there is a row of icons. Among these icons you will see a yellow smiley face, a strange green plus sign whoosing, and a chat bubble. Click on the green whooshing thing and it will bring up a prompt box. This box is a 2 part process. First insert the URL you have found. Click "OK". Then it will ask you to give the link a label which is how we will read it in your post.

The red arrow is pointing to the symbol I'm referring to.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9181/bncpostingpicspic.th.png

For example, I took your vanguard vets link and turned it into "Vanguard Vets Successes?" using the URL you provided.

Vanguard Vets Successes?

I'd be happy to write something if you guys want - just allocate something to me. I have a nice 3 page (word doc) article I wrote on death company and which combos to take with them if that's any use - it's quite concise yet covers all the options available, pros and cons and mathhammer. Let me know.

Archived