Chaos Rumour - 2012 Rumour Round up

Hi everone

To make life easy for everone, this topic will be open to talk about the forth come Codex Chaos Marines that has been rumour for next year. I will try to update this topic as much as possible, to help people find out info, so they are not have to search page after page for that one little bit of info or in general repeat bits of info.

You can find a topic by here, where memeber can discuss to rumour of the forth come codex Chaos Space Marines & to post any rumour they may have seen on the fourms.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=0#entry2930197

Also please bare in mind - Rumour are RUMOUR that the end of the day. Thing might change, thing might be told wrong, end of the day do not get up set. If you wish to know what it true you'll have to wait until the codex is release.

Please do not get all upset if somthing might not turn out right in the finial codex print.

There been a lot of recent rumour in regard to codex Chaos Space Marines. From what we have seen

- Codex Chaos Space Marines will be the first 6th ed codex to be release

- Phil Kelly is ment to tbe the auther

- Release time around Aug to Oct time, 6th ed of 40k being release around July

- Box game will apprently have Chaos vs Dark Angels.

75hastings69 over on warseer has been commenting about the new 6th ed box game, after the new rules are release

75hastings69

I don't know if the spine images are anything to do with DA, 6th starter or the 25th year of 40k but I do know that most of the stuff posted is correct. 6th starter does indeed feature DA and the forces of chaos, including a nice plastic chaos dread

Plastic chaos raptors are for a "slightly" later release

The cultists/renegades post was me, it's just I'm nit 100% sure what their proper name is, that being said I'm almost certain I've got it right.

I'm also willing to add (and you'll need to forgive my weak 40k fu here) that the CSM in the starter are Chosen? (hope that's the right name - 40k really isn't my thing!!)

Having re-read this thread I want to point out that I am only confirming the starter as DA vs chaos NOT the DA & CSM codex release dates. The next 40k releases are :- 'nids, SW, necrons (all models only no codex

Darnok over on warseer recently posted this

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.p...-The-early-bird

Concerning Chaos:

•the book is done and almost at the printers

•an Iron Warriors character (?) has been seen, with a huge servo harness

•possible new Obliterators (plastic or Finecast?)

•painted versions of all 4 cult terminators have been sighted - could be conversions though

•plastic Plaguebearers on round bases have been sighted

TheDarkGeneral by warseer, has also commented on possible Legion spures when the codex is release

QUOTE (theDarkGeneral;6031933)

Not sure if the rumor i mentioned is posted up on your previous thread, but I again here mention from my GW buddies in Memphis, that sets of sprues that are Legion specific will finally come! Chaos of course being the first sets, though i'm told Terminator and regular Space Marine sprues will be sold separately. Once the Chaos Legions sprues hit, the Legions/Chapters still dedicated to the throne of Terra shall follow.

Chaos Space Marines will receive a boxed set, with ALL the needed option upgrades included for standard gear, and new sets for Berzerkers, Noise Marines, Plague Marines and Thousand Sons will follow with MUCH nicer sculpts.

So basically, all the Legions will buy the same boxed set for the majority of their models, but to make them Legion specific, separate sprues will be sold which will include shoulder pads, heads, banners, few weapons, etc. Terminators will also get separate sprues made available to them to become Legion specific.

Again, this is what i'm told...

Here some quote where it suggested Phil Kelly as the auther of Codex Chaos Space Marines. As I am led to belive that Matt Ward will be busy with the Hobbit release that the end of this year & also Games Workshop is putting a bit of attesion to the Lord of the Rings game, which we saw a big release in Feb with new books & a few new models.

From Heresy online

Originally Posted by Legiomortis

I find the news that Ward is writing it hard to believe, as ive posted in earlier threads there was a chat with the BL writers at games day where we sat in a room with Dan Abnett and Graham Mcneill and got to grill them about their upcoming books. After a great reading of an excerpt from Mr Mcneills new heresy book myself and a friend put forward a suggestion to Graham asking if he would ever like to see his Honsou character as an Iron Warriors HQ in the upcoming 'dex, he then went on to say and I quote - "I've been asking Phil (Kelly) to put him in the new codex but he keeps refusing" - To which we laughed and said "So Phil Kelly is writing the new 'dex" whereupon Graham replied rather sheepishly "I never said anything ...."

I doubt very much that was Graham putting off a big misdirection as it was too natural a slip up, plus it makes sense in the scheme of things.

Then from our own firestorm40k - From Games Day UK just a few month ago

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=239188

Hello all, I just thought I’d share my sort-of discussions regarding a future Chaos Codex with two members of the development team at yesterday’s Games Day ‘event’.

Basically, I spoke to Jervis Johnson (head designer, apparently) and Matt Ward (yeah, I know, I know…). Now, I could have ranted at them with four years of hatred towards our lack-lustre Codex, but I thought it would be more productive (and less antagonistic) if I approached them with a friendly smile (well, what pass as one from me ^_^ ) and my own personal thoughts/desires on our next Codex.

In a nutshell, more options regarding things like vehicles, specifically variants of Rhinos and Land Raiders – I said that the reasons for restricting the loyalist Marines with what they can do to theirs don’t apply to Chaos (we don’t have angry Tech Priests after us), so if we want to, say, put Assault Ramps on our Rhinos, there’s no one to stop us!

I also tried to get across that Chaos Marine armies (whether you go for Renegades or Legions) can broadly fit in to two approaches which could shape the development of this Codex – firstly the ‘Black Crusade’, which is about throwing the full force of what your army/legion does best till you opponent has nothing standing (I guess this could include your World Eaters Berzerker assault force, or an Iron Warriors siege force, or the relentless march of the Death Guard). The second approach is the Cultist/Ambush/Terror approach – the one where you don’t have the resources for a full scale invasion, but you’ve already sent your agents (be they infiltrating Marines or Cultists) to defeat your enemy before they’ve even realised they’re at war – assassinating commanders, sabotaging and destroying tanks, that sort of thing (obviously, this is your Night Lords, Alpha Legion, perhaps Word Bearers army). Either way, whichever approach should still allow themed, or Legion based lists, if that’s what Chaos players wanted

In my conversations with both Jervis and Matt, I started off saying that I’d like to see Special Characters that add army wide abilities, which got very strong nods of understanding from both of them. The problem I immediately hit was that they both pretty much said that they’re not going to be involved with the development of Chaos Marines; Jervis said that he would pass on my comments thought (whether he does is another thing!).

You may find Matt Ward’s response more interesting: he basically said blatantly that he was not going to be working on Chaos. Yes, that’s right, you can all breathe a sigh of relief! :D :P Then, more interestingly, he looked around for the other member of the team at Games Day, who was absent every time I went to the developers’ area, but would have liked to speak to – a certain Mr Phil Kelly. Now, (cue wild speculation) judging by this, I got the strong impression that Phil Kelly is likely to be involved in the development – perhaps even writing it?

That was the only serious nugget that I found of comfort from Jervis or Matt Ward to be honest. They both talked about there being a lot of potential with Chaos Marines that a future codex could build upon. Matt Ward went further, basically saying in so many words that he realised the Chaos codex is disliked and that it didn’t really achieve what the later, more recent Codices have. He also said that the Codices from Space Wolves onwards should give more of the shape of a Chaos Marine Codex, in terms of increased amount of options. Hopefully, like some Codices, that means under-priced/over powered (delete as appropriate :) ) units like these other ones, too :P He also said about the current Chaos Codex that it offers a good basis from which to start developing a new one. Not sure I agree with him, but I’m hoping he means that it is something that can be expanded and improved upon, rather than just recycling it…

So, I had gone to Games Day with the intention of getting in to a really intense discussion about giving Chaos a codex of which it is worthy. I think I didn’t really speak to the right people for that (if only I’d have been able to find Phil Kelly!), so I think ultimately I got some insubstantial platitudes. I was heartened that a) Matt Ward won’t be writing the next Chaos Codex, and b ) there was the suggestion that Phil Kelly is at the very least going to be involved in the development of our next codex.

So, that’s all I have to offer I’m afraid, but I hope it provides some fuel for discussion and/or speculation.

Thanks for reading, now fire away! :lol:

Red8ns over on warseer has also commented Phil Kelly as auther of codex Chaos Space Marines

QUOTE (reds8n;5959408)

Got to admit I was under the impression that Phil Kelly was/had written the chaos book, with Mr. Ward, ably assisted by Mr. Troke, was going to be busy with other, precious, projects.

TheDarkGeneral has also commented on Phil Kelly being the auther on the recent topic on Chaos rumour by warseer

OH, and this project was slow going start shortly after the release of the current Codex...but when it came to my ears a few years back, it was Phil working on it.

With more rumour hitting the fourms. I'll be aim to try tide this post up in to sub area. So you'll have a part for "models", a part for "rules/unit/game in general" & then a part for background to make life easy for all memeber on the run up to the release. Also so people can check if a rumour has already been posted. So make sure to check out this post from time to time.

So that it for now, as said I'll try update this as much as possible. Please use this topic to talk about the rumour of Codex Chaos. Also please bare in mind this topic is to help everone out & rumour are just rumour for the time being.

Insane Psychopath

Archived