Brother Primarch Sanguinius/sanguinor project

Axira

Let's start out simple shall we!

Here is a couple of my unpainted but finished custom sanguinius/sanguinor model! (note that the base is not part of the project)

gallery_64559_7194_2324187.jpg

gallery_64559_7194_2215030.jpg

Okay! Taking some suggestions in, I redid the model a bit! No more tree-trunk chalice!

Also, what can I do to make it look more 40k-ish?

gallery_64559_7194_728509.jpg

Give him a pre-heresy power pack for his armor. I'd say give him a pistol too maybe if you weren't dead-set on a chalice.

I think sigvald looks great as Sanguinius. Although I wouldn't mind seeing a few more blood drops around the place. However, that's just a personal feeling. Here's a link if you want any other inspiration:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Sanguinius

I quite like the second pic down, although I'm not so keen on the multiple blood drops on the chest. Looks a bit like a load of eyes, instead!

Hope this helps.

Cpt. M.

Taz: I don't think any primarch should use a mere pistol! I could stick one on his wrist, But I want him to be playable! The chalice fits with the him since I will be using him for both sanguinius and sanguinor!

Captain Malek:Blood drops eh... I am no good sculptor at all but I will try!

Also do you guys think I should stick something else on his back other than the wings? or would he look to bulky then?

I agree with the above regarding the power pack, it would go a long way to make the mini look more 40Kish. Aside from that I like the mini! I always find it interesting to see rarely used models converted and fielded... there are a lot of really awesome sculpts that almost never see any use.

Custom sclupted chalice looked WAAAY better than the last one!

Also the backpack came off and I lost it somewhere along traveling from home to the Local GW, so I have to get a new one!

gallery_64559_7194_281835.jpg

I might have to use Sigvald if I ever do a Sanguinius sculpt, but I'd be more tempted to use the lower body from a Nightbringer kit. I've seen that done before and it looks awesome.

I might have to use Sigvald if I ever do a Sanguinius sculpt, but I'd be more tempted to use the lower body from a Nightbringer kit. I've seen that done before and it looks awesome.

The problem with that IMO is that nightbringer sanguiniuses are way to common!

But they do look extremly good when all painted up!

The problem with that IMO is that nightbringer sanguiniuses are way to common!

But they do look extremly good when all painted up!

Which is the exact reason they get used so often. :P I don't think I've seen any with a Sigvald torso though.

I like the new cup much better, it actually looks like a grail now! :P

Now before you start painting him, make sure to sign up for the E TENEBRAE LUX painting challange!! You can sign him up as the Sanguinor, and get a spiffy new banner to add in your sig once its all over!

Cheers! I didn't really want to participate because I think that I am a crap painter, but I'll do my best, let's just see where that will take me

I like the new cup much better, it actually looks like a grail now! ;)

Now before you start painting him, make sure to sign up for the E TENEBRAE LUX painting challange!! You can sign him up as the Sanguinor, and get a spiffy new banner to add in your sig once its all over!

Cheers! I didn't really want to participate because I think that I am a crap painter, but I'll do my best, let's just see where that will take me

Brother, if painting skill was required to join these competitions I would never have been able to join ;) But thanks for joining anyways! Every contribution is needed if we are to achive victory! Don't forget to post a link to this thread with your vow so that the organizers will be able to see your before and after WIP pics!

• 6 months later...

Ah! It has indeed been a while since my last update! (just before Etenrabre lux challenge) But he is finally finished!

Beware you slow computer people, this post will be Picture heavy!

This project was incredibly fun to do and I will return to do a mephiston one aswell! ;)

C&C are welcome!

gallery_64559_7194_290314.jpg

First up is the overall picture. it was not easy to get a closeup on the whole model since his wingspan is very wide.

gallery_64559_7194_878666.jpg

I wetblended the sword and it ended up really good IMO

gallery_64559_7194_77121.jpg

A closer picture on the model, note the freehanded cape!

gallery_64559_7194_1532334.jpg

And lastly is a pic of his back with the powerpack added! It may look a little off, but it is positioned so it matches his torso!

Archived