Iron Warrior 7th Grand Company - Call of Chaos

Hello and Welcome to my first ever Work In Progress log for anything!

I thought I might start off and say that yes, this is a work in progress log for the 7th Grand Company of the Iron Warriors, my own little fluffed up batch of Warriors who hate their Primarch and tried to sunder their legion after a redirection of their anger from the Emperor to Pertuarbo. Don't think that these guys are loyalists though, they are a war band who have dedicated themselves wholly to the designs of their War Smith, Oden Tullaris. His model is a work in progress. His motivations are largely unclear, though he holds close ties to several covens of the Thousand Sons, the War Master of the Black Legion and a small number of Night Lords and Alpha Legionnaires.

Now, the first thing you'll notice is that the 7th Grand Company has a slightly different paint scheme than their brethren. During the Great Crusade, the 7th Grand Company wore a Silver trim instead of the Gold of the rest of the Legion. Whether this was a form of penitence or simply a scheme to tell the Grand Company apart is long since forgotten, however they had garnered the nickname the 'Silver Sons' from their former brethren before their split from the Legion. First and Foremost however, they consider themselves Iron Warriors - one of the last Grand Companies worthy of the name for waging war across the galaxy rather than resting in the Eye of Terror and paying thanks to their 'coward' Primarch.

Anyways, below you will see the buildup to my latest force, from the first miniature I painted probably 8 years ago, all the way up to one that I completed today. Before I show off the pictures, I'd caution you that I won't update too often. I have a very busy schedule and barely get in time to paint.

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/GrimApostle/IMG_2858.jpg

The above model was the first Space Marine model I ever painted. Back in the day, I saw the paint scheme of the Thousand Sons and fell in love with, along with that of the Iron Warriors. I tried to change it up and being about 10 years old I added in plenty of gold and then lathered on a lot of ink to give it more flavour. Eventually, I completed another model in this paint scheme but life caught up to me and they fell out of favour. This model actually had an interesting game on the tabletop.

Placed with a squad of Necrons, he went head to head against a group of Ork Boyz and managed to slaughter them all, although his entire squad was lost. He garnered such a reputation through the rest of the game, that he was given a name I still love and hate to this day. Knighted as 'Binky', it came to it that the only thing capable of killing him in the game was an orbital strike. I have not played many games since, unfortunately.

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/GrimApostle/IMG_2857.jpg

Chapter Master Gravus Uruk was this Marines title. Leader of my DIY Chapter, the Astral Pyre. I had painted up a group of scouts and Assault Terminators in this scheme but they seem to have disappeared. Perhaps one day I'll return to them, along with my Grim Apostles I'd developed.

This was around 5-6 years ago.

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/GrimApostle/IMG_2860.jpg

A Marine from another DIY Chapter, the Death Dealers. He was straight from the Battle of Macragge box and is one of the few survivors from that set. The Tyranids seem to have vanished. I mostly use these Death Dealers in Dawn of War games or for fluff/fan fiction I write. They were also tied to my Grim Apostles.

This was around 3-4 years ago.

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/GrimApostle/IMG_2863.jpg

Now, we have Standard Bearer Malthus of my 7th Grand Company of Iron Warriors. I have worked on him for the last two weeks and am very pleased with how he has turned out. You can see my paint scheme in action here although I have added in a touch of gold in a few places. You can also see a few minor conversions over the next few images to make his banner, and his right shoulder pauldron.

He was a real joy to paint and the hazard stripes were a great treat. The last time I had done hazard stripes without grooves to guide me (ala Gravus Uruk) was on Binky and I was so horrified with them, that I painted over them at the nearest opportunity. Thankfully, that will not be the case this time.

There are more images below.

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/GrimApostle/IMG_2864.jpg

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/GrimApostle/IMG_2865.jpg

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/GrimApostle/IMG_2866.jpg

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/GrimApostle/IMG_2867.jpg

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/GrimApostle/IMG_2868.jpg

Brother Malthus is to be featured in the Collaboration of Writer's Work of Fiction in the Short Stories section, along with his banner.

I'll be sure to update more as the Squad fills out!

Comments, Questions and Critique are very welcome.

Some sweet paint jobs and really good work on Malthus, buddy. I especially like the skull on his shoulder. That is sick!

Great work. :)

Thanks! The Skull is from the WHFB Marauders sprue - as is the banner.

He looks good, lots of little details. Your painting has definitely improved and you can tell with this latest mini especially.

Thanks! It's good to hear that someone thinks my painting has improved.

Expect an update in a bit. I might just edit this post, but I need to write an update for a short story before I post up here.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again!

Due to my busy schedule I haven't made too much progress, but my first Chaos Squad (my first Squad of any kind to actually get a decent full paint job) is coming along nicely and is just one shy of being legal - minus the meltagun I've painted up. So without further ado, and with a bit of commentary, here are Pyrrus' Victors. The first squad of my breakaway Iron Warriors, the Silver Sons.

gallery_65411_7346_418329.jpg

gallery_65411_7346_1435025.jpg

For Pyrrus himself, I wanted to convey how industrious and creative the Iron Warriors are. Being the technicians and smiths of the Traitor Legions, I decided to mix together a few parts to make Pyrrus, my first Aspiring Champion. I'm quite pleased with the results, though I did add a trophy to the backpack to make it feel a bit more menacing. For his Combi-Flamer, I wanted to have the magazine slide in on the side of the weapon. I saw a James Bond movie as a kid where the main submachine guns were side-loaded, and fell in love with the idea. Naturally, I had to include it. I also tried to add in a bit of a burn effect on the Flamer barrel - painting hazard stripes and then drybrushing over the exhaust holes. I also decided to give him a Power Fist to pack a punch (no pun intended) on any big targets or tough enemies when they try to engage in CC.

I may see about touching up a few details on him later on. Someday.

Finally, I've decided that my Aspiring Champions will have their personal insignia/heraldry/symbol on their shoulder pads. For Pyrrus, it was a Warhammer with three vertical hazard stripes.

gallery_65411_7346_760592.jpg

gallery_65411_7346_1031228.jpg

Here is Brother Malthus. You probably recognize him although he's had a few changes. He now wields a Meltagun in place of his Plasma Pistol, and his Banner is now a Mk. II attempt. Personally, I prefer it with a LOT fewer hazard stripes. I might have to touch up the skull though. It doesn't look very menacing. As well, the skull pauldron he has, is now a dark iron colour like the rest of his armour.

gallery_65411_7346_175804.jpg

gallery_65411_7346_1168622.jpg

This was the second marine I've tried to do and I'm quite pleased with the result. I seem to be running with the idea that all of their bolters will have some sort of bayonet attachment which is quite fitting for the trench warfare of the Iron Warrior, I suppose. Still, it was fun to do more conversions!

gallery_65411_7346_1541396.jpg

gallery_65411_7346_2362239.jpg

This is Brother Ajax. Currently, he is quite possibly my favourite model and the inspiration of the vertical hazard stripes on his helmet, seem to have developed into an indication of his status as successor to Pyrrhus in the chain of command. The number of hazard stripes on his armour and weapons have also developed into a tell tale sign of how much renown you have won in the name of your Warsmith, Oden Tullaris. Brother Ajax, with his knife arm (which was a blast to paint), has won much renown.

Finally, I should also note that Brother Ajax and Aspiring Champion Pyrrus are missing a shoulder pad and that is because I have yet to pick up and paint my ordered (and recently arrived) Iron Warrior shoulder pads from my local GW supplier. I can't wait to get them finished. The special shoulder pad is also going to have a distinct meaning. I had considered having it as a mark of shame due to the breakaway nature of my Silver Sons, but I'm leaning more towards it being a sign of status and service - a sign of having served with Oden since the Horus Heresy and before.

gallery_65411_7346_357778.jpg

Two wip marines. The red hair was fun to paint. I had considered making it gray like the other Marines hair but decided to try something new and try to inject some more colour into my force. I have stuck with an almost entirely 'Iron and Flame' theme, coupled with hazard stripes.

gallery_65411_7346_1877045.jpg

And here is a group shot of my four (essentially) finished Chaos marines of Pyrrus' victors. The squad itself will start off as a ten man for purposes of small games and anything non-apocalypse - but I may expand it to 20 (Storm of Iron style) for apocalypse after my force is fully assembled.

Before I continue though, I have to ask. I've been toying with the idea of either a heavy bolter or an autocannon for my heavy weapon marine in my squad, and wasn't sure what to go for. I have Pyrrus with melta bombs and a combi-flamer, Malthus with a meltagun and I was thinking autocannon to give me a bit of an answer to everything. My only other question is related to the basing. I was thinking of going with snow (War in the snow is nostalgic, for me) and rocks/snow on asphalt, but the GW employee I spoke to said it might be too bright. Thoughts?

General Comments and Criticism is always appreciated - though constructive criticism is best.

Two more marines are finished, and ready for combat.

gallery_65411_7346_2294328.jpg

Squad members missing their shoulder pads have received them.

gallery_65411_7346_2131467.jpg

gallery_65411_7346_672524.jpg

Out of a scavenged and cannibalized Black Templar dreadnought, and some WHFB bits, I present to you my new dreadnought. I'm very proud.

gallery_65411_7346_1942863.jpg

gallery_65411_7346_32635.jpg

gallery_65411_7346_734166.jpg

Comments and criticism welcome!

Thought I'd drop by and offer my tuppence, for what it's worth. :)

Painting: Looks like you've got a good handle attention to detail, there's little if any details that have been missed. I think two things will help immensely when it comes to your painting - 1) If you don't thin your paints already, then do so at a 50/50 mix to stop paint looking too thick (like some of the yellow hazard stripes - speaking of which if you can find some masking tape, it'll help keep the line edges straight). 2) I think using some washes will help add a greater depth to these guys immediately. If you need a recommended wash, try the P3 Armour Wash for silver metallics. I can't praise the stuff enough.

Modelling: Drilled barrels? Check. Decent poses? Check. Good mixture of parts? Check. Flocking? Needs to be done - PVA on the base and a dip in some coarse sand will do the job in a pinch without the application of paint (but painting the sand would be better).

The dreadnought is looking a bit Nurgle-y, imho, which stands out. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing yet...

Hope this helps. :)

Lookin pretty good man! Had to check out your Chaos Force to thank you for checkin out mine! I'd definitely second the thought about thinning your paints (especially when using this much metallic paint)- what I do (this is a very novice approach but whatever) is use a plastic blister from a finecast or old metal mini, take a brushload of paint (a basecoating sized brush) onto your palette and then dip the brush into your water jar- tap off excess H2O then mix that into your paint... more or less a thinner is better approach, but 60paint : 40water is what i do more or less...

I'd also suggest layering metal (silver)on the entire model, then glazing w a 60badab black : 20water : 10abaddon black : 10 boltgunmetal mix... should add a lot of depth to the metal. Then a quick and easy trick (not a fan myself but if i was doing IW I'd definitely consider this) is to get an ultra small micron pen and outline the trim/banding areas and any other areas that could use an outline. Quick easy and makes a big difference.

As far as those caution lines... now those can either escalate your IW to amazing quality or leave ya falling just a little flat (dont worry, I know you dont wanna re-do everything youve done so far so ignore this if ya want)

I'd recommend starting on one side of the shoulder/gun/helmet whatever w some black, big messy blob of black in the corner...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/abadizzilithium/shoulder1.jpg

then what you'd wanna do is "cut-in" that black line w a Flesh color on the diagonal- feel free to sweepthe line out as far to the unfinished side as you'd like (you'll be "cutting this in" shortly) then take your yellow and fill in the flesh color (leaving a hairline of flesh showing would be sweet, but no big deal)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/abadizzilithium/shoulder2.jpg

then you'll wanna repeat the process by cutting in the black over the yellow

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/abadizzilithium/shoulder3.jpg

Then repeat the process once again w the flesh/yellow

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/abadizzilithium/shoulder4.jpg

once you've finished lining the shoulder/leg/whatever is when you take your micron pen along the trim/banding of the area, then cut that in w your silver.

Well, like I said take it or leave it, seems like a lot of work but truly the easiest way to get straight lines w/o masking tape (which can be an unholy terror)

As far as basing the minis Id without a seconds doubt say base them exactly the way you did your Death Dealer's mini above, brown ring around the base, brown sand/pebble mix... that'd look perfect. Sorry for all the words and junk, if you want me to clean this up after you read it lemme know! Lookin god though, keep it up!

Looking good! I am very curious about the Dreadnought. He looks to have a condition about him so I'm interested in some fluff about him and seeing him painted.

Keep building and painting!

Thought I'd drop by and offer my tuppence, for what it's worth. :tu:

Painting: Looks like you've got a good handle attention to detail, there's little if any details that have been missed. I think two things will help immensely when it comes to your painting - 1) If you don't thin your paints already, then do so at a 50/50 mix to stop paint looking too thick (like some of the yellow hazard stripes - speaking of which if you can find some masking tape, it'll help keep the line edges straight). 2) I think using some washes will help add a greater depth to these guys immediately. If you need a recommended wash, try the P3 Armour Wash for silver metallics. I can't praise the stuff enough.

Modelling: Drilled barrels? Check. Decent poses? Check. Good mixture of parts? Check. Flocking? Needs to be done - PVA on the base and a dip in some coarse sand will do the job in a pinch without the application of paint (but painting the sand would be better).

The dreadnought is looking a bit Nurgle-y, imho, which stands out. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing yet...

Hope this helps. :P

I've never tried thinning my paints and I'm almost done this whole squad so I'll probably try it on my next unit of Assault Troops (Counts as Khorne Berzerkers). The hazard stripes might look a bit thick because I use three different paints to get them a nice yellow ;)

For the Dreadnought, the overgrowing flesh will be painted a different colour than green, and I actually re-primed him for a fresh layer of paint. Hopefully it won't force me to back track and paint strip him out of all of his layers ... which I hadn't particularly considered. Live and learn I suppose, right?

Thanks!

Looking good! I am very curious about the Dreadnought. He looks to have a condition about him so I'm interested in some fluff about him and seeing him painted.

Keep building and painting!

The Dreadnought will be coming up in some fluff shortly. I'll add a link to it when he's painted and the fluff is done.

Thanks!

Lookin pretty good man! Had to check out your Chaos Force to thank you for checkin out mine! I'd definitely second the thought about thinning your paints (especially when using this much metallic paint)- what I do (this is a very novice approach but whatever) is use a plastic blister from a finecast or old metal mini, take a brushload of paint (a basecoating sized brush) onto your palette and then dip the brush into your water jar- tap off excess H2O then mix that into your paint... more or less a thinner is better approach, but 60paint : 40water is what i do more or less...

I'd also suggest layering metal (silver)on the entire model, then glazing w a 60badab black : 20water : 10abaddon black : 10 boltgunmetal mix... should add a lot of depth to the metal. Then a quick and easy trick (not a fan myself but if i was doing IW I'd definitely consider this) is to get an ultra small micron pen and outline the trim/banding areas and any other areas that could use an outline. Quick easy and makes a big difference.

As far as those caution lines... now those can either escalate your IW to amazing quality or leave ya falling just a little flat (dont worry, I know you dont wanna re-do everything youve done so far so ignore this if ya want)

[snip...]

As far as basing the minis Id without a seconds doubt say base them exactly the way you did your Death Dealer's mini above, brown ring around the base, brown sand/pebble mix... that'd look perfect. Sorry for all the words and junk, if you want me to clean this up after you read it lemme know! Lookin god though, keep it up!

I'll try your thinning method on some guys as well and your paint tips. I'm not sure that they're armour is a dark enough iron to really stand out from the silver trim they have so if it makes it stand out more, then I'm all ears.

As for your advice on the hazard stripes - you're right that I'd hate to consider redoing all those stripes. They've almost driven me mad. That said, I have had a hard time keeping them straight and/or looking good so I'd be interested in trying out your method (sorry Olisredan but tape on a model this size sounds like a bit of a headache :/) - however I'm not certain that I understand the way you're explaining your method. If you could explain it again on here or in a pm, I'd really like to give it a try.

As for the basing, I have seen a few iron warrior armies with brown/sandy bases and thought about it, but I've always loved the idea of war in the snow. For some reason, it just seems like the proper way to fight to me. Even if it is an environmental and logistical nightmare. I was thinking of using rocks/pebbles and snow for my bases although - and a GW employee warned me of this when I bought the stuff - that it might not look good with a bright/metallic army like the Iron Warriors. I was also going to be basing them like that for a fluff period (Considering this is a Mark I of the Warsmiths force, I wanted it to reflect the time when he was really just starting off on his trail of conquest and war by modelling the bases on a world he visits early on.) This is easily over riden for the sake of modelling but I thought I would add it in for some reasoning there :P

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

It's been a while! But I have been relatively productive. I finished painting my dreadnought but forgot to get a good picture of him, though I have also finished a sorcerer, who I think I'm naming Amon, and I've also painted my Warlord, Oden Tullaris - star of my Iron Clad story in the Short Story section.

gallery_65411_7346_184609.jpg

gallery_65411_7346_1495582.jpg

gallery_65411_7346_1204657.jpg

gallery_65411_7346_1341222.jpg

Anways, one with my vow for the Call of Chaos. I've been busy building the models today and hope to have started painting in the next few weeks, though I have a very busy little while ahead of me so updates will be sporadic at best.

Emperor hear my call!

I, GrimApostle hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to the doom of your Imperium.

I swear to you that I will paint and present one squad of Raptors of the Iron Warriors, and one squad of Chaos Space Marines of the Iron Warriors before January 18th, 2013.

I also promise to provide glimpses of your doom, at least twice per month.

You can follow my progress from your throne.

- Lord Oden Tullaris,

7th Grand Company ; Silver Sons

*GrimApostle*

So here is my vow :

gallery_65411_7346_2000162.jpg

The raptors, made with a SM Assault Squad pack, mixed with bits from Khorne Berzerkers and regular Chaos Marines.

gallery_65411_7346_352250.jpg

The flag bearer for my regular squad, with his arm morphing into a weapon, and a helmet from the Fantasy Warrior sprue.

gallery_65411_7346_654310.jpg

Another member of the regular squad, checking information while crouching. Made with bits from the regular CSM sprue and a Devastator sprue.

gallery_65411_7346_387080.jpg

Another member of the squad, this time a plasma gun marine, with Davy Jones-esque tentacles coming out of his mouth (some of which run down into his stomach that has a few protuding innards that you can't quite make out, and that connects to his plasma gun.

gallery_65411_7346_2307131.jpg

A rather poor group shot.

And that's my progress so far. Just assembly at the moment, but I'm excited to start painting!

Comments and Critique are always welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like those poses you've achieved on your Raptors. They make them look very aggressive, as befits proper Raptors. Thumbs up!

What I think could use some more work are the warning stripes. They look a bit non-linear in some places and in general I think less is sometimes more when it comes to these. I used to add a lot of those stripes to my Iron Warriors but started to apply them to less areas on my models some time ago. It becomes easier to look on the models and focus on details, when you don't have so many bright stripes distracting the eye (and my miniaturs really did look like bees in some parts xD). Your earlier model have the balance just right in my eyes, but the Raptors might benefit from a little less yellow. Thought I'd just add it while you're still in the earlier painting stages. Feel free to ignore this, if you want them to look this way, of course :)

• 3 weeks later...

=][= Call of Chaos V =][=

December Update I

So the Raptors aren't finished, but finals have come around and are taking up most of my time. They might not be done by the next update either, but it just means I'll have to really focus in January to meet the deadline.

gallery_65411_7346_970963.jpg

I decided to try to personalize them all, so the character on the left (who has yet to be named) has painted his helmet in the fashion of a skull.

gallery_65411_7346_2553101.jpg

Hair has always been problematic for me so any tips are appreciated.

gallery_65411_7346_54955.jpg

Hair has always been problematic for me so any tips are appreciated.

gallery_65411_7346_1863758.jpg

Continuing with personalization, this Marine has painted a kill count onto his helm. I'm not sure what it is that he's been killing and tallying up but I was thinking of putting a clue on his base. Any ideas?

They all have some corrections and touch ups to be made, and I'm thinking of painting over some of the sections of hazard stripes, but with the added colours I think it takes some of the focus off of the hazard stripes which is good. With finals around now though, I don't know if I'll manage to get another update in. Hopefully, I'll manage it.

@Kythnos - Thanks for your comment! I see what you mean with the stripes and I'm definitely considering it. Has the added colour changed your perception? I think the added colours make it a bit easier on the eyes.

@smallvictory - Thanks! I decided for the second squad that it was going to be a group of newer renegades pushed together into a motley crew, which is the reason for the variety of armour, the newer tech and the single obvious dedicated Nurgle Marine.

• 2 weeks later...

December Update II

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/IMG-20121220-00003_zps47b439e7.jpg

This picture is from several days ago when I tried to rush in another update before I left Montreal. You can see that I managed to get some more paint on the Champions Lightning Claws - until one of his arms fell off. As I'm now about 7 hours from Montreal I can't do anymore until January 6 at least so this update is more of a one step forward, two steps back report.

Still, c'est la vie.

• 2 weeks later...

January Update I

Since returning to my models after Christmas Break, I have managed to make a lot of progress over the last week. Hopefully, this will set me up to push through and succeed with my vow! Without further ado, I present my finished Raptor Squad (I have not yet decided on a base theme for my army so I have painted the bases grey as a stand in for that).

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0508_zpsc3a04d37.jpg

This was the first time I had tried blue power weapons, and I'm actually very pleased with the results for a first attempt. Also note the kill tally on the left Marines helmet.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0502_zps8ad809d5.jpg

Again, my first attempt at blue plasma weapons, and again I was very happy with it. I'm also happy with the effect I achieved on the Skull Marine, with blood streaming down from his eyes in macabre fashion.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0499_zps90e50089.jpg

++ I have also completed two members of my Chaos Marine Squad that I had vowed - the Champion and the Lascannon Marine, and I have primed the other 8 members of the squad. ++

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0514_zps9e789aa2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0515_zpsa1802f42.jpg

More practice with blue, and I am starting to think it will be the contrasting colour in my army, rather than a fiery red design for all power, plasma and las weapons like I had originally intended.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0509_zps350fcf56.jpg

Next time, I hope to have at least half of the above primed marines ready and complete.

January Update I

Since returning to my models after Christmas Break, I have managed to make a lot of progress over the last week. Hopefully, this will set me up to push through and succeed with my vow! Without further ado, I present my finished Raptor Squad (I have not yet decided on a base theme for my army so I have painted the bases grey as a stand in for that).

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0508_zpsc3a04d37.jpg

This was the first time I had tried blue power weapons, and I'm actually very pleased with the results for a first attempt. Also note the kill tally on the left Marines helmet.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0502_zps8ad809d5.jpg

Again, my first attempt at blue plasma weapons, and again I was very happy with it. I'm also happy with the effect I achieved on the Skull Marine, with blood streaming down from his eyes in macabre fashion.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0499_zps90e50089.jpg

++ I have also completed two members of my Chaos Marine Squad that I had vowed - the Champion and the Lascannon Marine, and I have primed the other 8 members of the squad. ++

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0514_zps9e789aa2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0515_zpsa1802f42.jpg

More practice with blue, and I am starting to think it will be the contrasting colour in my army, rather than a fiery red design for all power, plasma and las weapons like I had originally intended.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0509_zps350fcf56.jpg

Next time, I hope to have at least half of the above primed marines ready and complete.

January Update II

So after seeing the due date is actually Friday, and realizing that I have barely any time during the week to finish my vow, I went on a whirlwind painting spree today - and finished all 8 members of my second squad for the challenge. That marks the most models I have ever painted in a day, and also the most I've done in any 24 hour period.

Anyways, onto the show.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0526_zpsde62a3b7.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0523_zps9cb8fafa.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0522_zps1ac87265.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/TemplarComander/DSCN0519_zps679b4a60.jpg

And that's that. Like I said earlier, I am only painting my bases so far, rather than adding sand or snow to them until I can decide what I want. I have an idea, which I will hopefully get done before the 18th, but I do believe I have fulfilled my vow - after a marathon of 10 hours of painting 8 models.

It's been fun, but it's a great relief that it's over.

Archived