Ontario, Canada

I am Legion

im in ajax ontario just outside toronto

im lookin to learn how to play

anyone from around me feel like teachin?

Theres alot of great guys at the bunker (and a few nobs :D ) So if you come down for thursday night gaming or what have you it should be easy to get a good game in. Just talk to the staff and tell them you havent actually played before and they'll try and hook you up with a nice guy to help teach ya.

Hey, im just getting into warhammer 40k, never played any warhammer before. well other then DOW1/2 on the computer and reading the books.

anywaays im wondering if anyones around the ottawa area, been to the GW store in the bayshore mall (i think thats what its called, its on the third floor) I live in Petawawa and can drive out. just wanting to learn how to play

In saskatchewan right now but will be back on the 20th of july. visiting the 'rents

thanks

Johnny 5

• 1 month later...
It's been a while, but hopefully I will have a chance to get out and play again. BOB and I will try to have a dirty game this saturday the 5th. I don't think I can win, but I'll give it a shot. If anyone else wants to come down, maybe we can get a 4 way going after. It'll be at the Lawrence bunker. Let me know.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For anyone in Hamilton area there is store/gaming club called "Black Knight Games" up on the mountain.

It's owned and run by former staff from GW Canada. They've got a good size crowd of WH40K players.

About gaming events they have you can read on their website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

New gaming store opened up in Mississauga, X Planet. It is run/owned by Lionel Miranda formerly of GW Canada Fame :ermm:

Update:

X Planet Games

1012 Burnhamthorpe Rd. East

Mississauga, Ont

L4Y 2X6

(905) 949-GAME (4263)

www.xplanet.ca

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I have been on B&C for a few years but just found out we had this section. Just saying Hi, and I am in Brantford. Anyone willing up for a game let me know.

I am also thinking of holding a tournement that can hold 20 or more tables, but want to know first if anyone is interersted.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=205845 Here is the link for it wich I made in another post. If interested please let me know.

I am going to read the posts now and see what was said about the Ontario section. Hope to meet and chat with you of you guys.

• 3 months later...
I am running a 1500pt tournament on Nov. 20 (This date might change to the 13th if there are scheduling issues with the local GW) at the Lawrence GW. I am taking sign ups now, Only 12 slots first come first payed first served. $25 Entry fee Lunch and a number of prizes will be provided. PM me if you have any questions or if you'd like to sign up.

• 1 month later...

Tournament is done and over now and went quite well. We had 11 players show up and fun was had by all! (if I do say so myself.)

Next tournament is slated for potentially early January. I am looknig to have abuot 14-16 slots for players this time. And I will begin taking sign ups imminently.

• 1 year later...

Im in Brampton, Ontario, as well as my friend (who is the only person I play) and we were both wondering, who else is in the area and has the models for 2000 point games, and 3000 points in a month or two. we are pretty new to the game, but I'm a veteran of the hobby (played LOTR a long time ago) thank you

Matthew

• 2 weeks later...

Why, hello, my fellow Canucks! I'm looking into having someone do some work on Astorath the Grim for me. Namely, sculpting a head pretty much exactly like Lemartes', but without the "halo" that Lemartes has. So, take his helmet, mix it with this guy, and you get a pretty good idea of what I'm going for.

I got in touch with some pretty nice guys from the UK, but I'm not sure that it's going to work out. This is their full-time job, so understandably, they need to make a decent amount of change off it. Then when you add in converting CAD to Euros, it gets really expensive, really fast. (I'll plug them here, because they do beautiful work, even if it might not be for me - Winterdyne.co.uk) I was looking into just getting a kitbash done by them, but the more I think about it, the less I like it. I know they'll do a fantastic job on it, but I'd just rather it be stock parts, or sculpted.

I was hoping I could find someone a little closer to home, to do it for a price that doesn't decimate my wallet. :P There'd be no "time limit", just whenever you get a moment and the fancy takes you. I'd of course cover the cost of Astorath, and however much it takes to hire out your sculpting prowess. ;)

Also, I'd like to apologize for this post sounding a little bit like an advertisement for them! It wasn't my intention to do so, but I really feel that they deserve it. Nice guys, and they're great at what they do. Plus, I feel guilty for getting in touch with them, and then possibly going with someone else. :blush: I figure the least I can do is drum up a potential customer to replace me!

• 6 months later...

Apologies for threadomancy but it seemed better to post here rather than start a new thread. A spanking will be accepted if this is wrong.

Anyway, I just moved over from the UK (bye-bye Phat Katz) to Hamilton and am looking for people to trounce me on a regular basis. I have 4,000pts of Blood Angels, a still-growing 500pt Black Tide (led by Brother Maynard, still WIP due to exams, the missus and emigration), a still-growing ca. 500pt Berzerker army, a little under 6,000pts of a filthy Xeno species who shall not be named here and a load of ideas for campaigns. Oh yeah, I love campaigns and I have a huge (10' x 6', I think) former ping-pong table to play them on.

I'm a bit of a fluff-bunny so I generally won't fight loyalist-on-loyalist and my armies are often far from optimised (rule of cool FTW) but I'll play against any list. I might take the proverbial a little if you have, say, Khârn leading a unit of Thousand Sons, but I'll play you.

Any info about the local area; gaming clubs etc. or invites to get stomped, PM me.

Cheers!

Edited by Res Ipsa Loquitur

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Good morning.

I'm also in Ottawa, but not part of any group.  And I haven't actually played a game in close to a decade but, I'll watch this space to see if there are any other Ottawa players.  The only army I have ever collected for 40K is Space Marines so not sure if we'd be a fun match-up.