Additions/alterations: Imperial Fists

AlexCrute

Righto, verbal update time (seeing as I'm at work).

My painting has taken a back seat temporarily as I suitably convert the next additions to the force - those being a 10-man Devastator Squad, and a 10-man Assault squad.

For the Devastators I have 2 lascannons and 2 missile launchers, and a (customised) signum sergeant with magnet arms (cos I'm addicted). When painted I think I will run the devvies as 4 x ML, with the lascannons in the tactical squads. I think its cheaper and more flexible that way.

The Assault squad will run with 2 flamers and a magnetised sergeant - and I am determined that he will have all possible options modelled and available. Will post pics of my thunderhammer and stormshield combo soon.

Righto, proof of life and all that:

Devastator squad:

gallery_11030_1089_287471.jpg

See the tiny line of green on the sergeant's head? That's a mohawk. Remember how the Imperial Fists maintain a a fortress monastary on Necromunda? That's right, they recruited a goliath ganger. I feel so cool right now for remembering that.

Assault squad:

gallery_11030_1089_139.jpg

Yeah, what you see is what you get. They are what they says on the box (only now they're cheaper).

Sergeant thereof:

gallery_11030_1089_101129.jpg

Still messing with his arms to give him all options in a cool-looking manner.

Though I have struck a problem, because the sergeant's thunderhammer looks mighty cool on this Chapter-Master type:

gallery_11030_1089_154779.jpg

And here's a bonus sneak peek to my chapter champion that I'm totally not supposed to be working on yet (I'm supposed to be painting)

gallery_11030_1089_59593.jpg

They're very cool. I can totally sympathise with the "Lets convert/read/play/start an entirely new hobby/learn line dancing stuff instead of painting" feeling. I'm working on my Fists right now, and have decided that the B+C forums need a good going over to make sure i havnt missed anything.... at least thats the reason i'm using. And yes, it is free to be used by anyone.

*Sigh* back to the grind. lol.

BZ

Hey Alex cool stuff,lots of painting ahead for you i see :)

wasn't one of the marines from the original spacemarine novel an imp fist from the necro hive's ?

good to see a mohawk in there ;) my favourite is the fist holding the Genestealer head!

cheers Mithril

Well yeah, all three of the main character marines (Yeremi, Biff and Lexandro) were from Necromunda - Trazior Hive to be exact. And the fourth member of their scout squad was Omar Akbar - a distant relative of our beloved Sergeant Akbar of Hall of Honour fame.

Hmmm, I'll have to read it again to find out if Scout Sergeant Zed Juron died or not, if he's not dead I'll use him in my scouts when I get around to them.

I use 2 inks in my yellow painting. The main colour is yellow ink over a peachy basecoat (1 part Fiery Orange and 4 parts Skull White), then brownlined with brown ink.

In other news, I'm in the process of assigning arm bits to different squad sergeants and stuff. I've got relic blades set aside for honour guard, working on allocating enough weapon arms to the 5th Company (black shoulder pad trim) so that any part of the battle company (6 tac squad sergeants, 2 assault and 2 dev sergeants, 4 command squad members, and the captain himself) can have whatever options.

For the Battle Company I'd like to end up with:

12 power weapon arms

12 chainswords

12 boltpistols

6 plasma pistols

12 powerfists

2 pairs of lightning claws

6 stormbolters

6 assorted combi-weapons

6 bolters

3 thunderhammers

4 storm shields

That's actually a lot of arms. I'll be painting forever!

Then for the vanguard and sternguard squads (white pad trim) I'd want:

1 relic blade

2 pairs of lightning claws

4 power weapons

4 power fists

3 chainswords

3 boltpistols

For the masters of the chapter I think each will have maybe 2-3 weapon options each - do be determined.

I don't actually have all of the arm bits on that list yet. Will need to take inventory and compare to that list.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another double-post to be forgiven on account of pics:

Workspace, projects etc. Note all the peachpuke on the devastators:

gallery_11030_1089_110397.jpg

Receiving the most attention at the moment:

gallery_11030_1089_162873.jpg

5th company captain in power armour - for when he absolutely, positively has to take his relic blade:

gallery_11030_1089_10196.jpg

That wolf is really a lion. Or it will be when I'm done with it:

gallery_11030_1089_143960.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@ Shorts: - I suppose that means I'll only do one and a half companies of Imperial Fists. :) I dunno if they cancelled the yellow ink so much as I bought them out of it. All your yellow ink are belong to me. I got heaps.

@ Youngs: - It's more like a puddle of yellow at the moment, but getting bigger. Facing off against a sea of Black Legion. You should post all your stuff on here. Your titan is lonely. And what's this about cowering in fear?

I suppose I should say something tough and scary about my yellomen swarming your titan and bringing it down, but I don't need to say anything, Sergeant Akbar speaks for me:

gallery_11030_1089_71192.jpg

"I will crush your bones and eat your flesh, you infidel! The day you turned your back on the Emperor was the day your death was written in the heavens. Sleep not! Lest you wake with my blade in your belly! Wake not! Lest you behold your death with your own eyes. I'm going to take my stormbolter......."

*vox crackles*

".....so far that every time you cough you'll find a shell casing in your mouth! The Emperor as my witness I name you terror-on-all-sides, for you know not from whence I shall strike, only that your death is sure."

I think he's trying to pick a fight...

Archived