Perturabo - Primarch of the Iron Warriors...

I honestly think he should have I5 or so because Forgebreaker is probably quite heavy and he was never described as a great fighter like Angron was. Also to that end I think his weapon skill should be lowered to 7 or so as sure he is a primarch, but he is never described as actually fighting much physically.

Ultimately I think a primarch should be defined by his special rules and since he is described as the most technically gifted primarch who new more about weaponry that most tech priests he should offer bonuses to the army's weapons, like maybe all IW heavy weapons count as AP1 when fired against an enemy vehicle. Furthermore he was a master of fortification so maybe all friendly troops within 12'' get +1 to any applicable cover save to represent him directing them to dig into their positions. Good luck and please post pics if you actually make him.

I honestly think he should have I5 or so because Forgebreaker is probably quite heavy and he was never described as a great fighter like Angron was. Also to that end I think his weapon skill should be lowered to 7 or so as sure he is a primarch, but he is never described as actually fighting much physically.

Ultimately I think a primarch should be defined by his special rules and since he is described as the most technically gifted primarch who new more about weaponry that most tech priests he should offer bonuses to the army's weapons, like maybe all IW heavy weapons count as AP1 when fired against an enemy vehicle. Furthermore he was a master of fortification so maybe all friendly troops within 12'' get +1 to any applicable cover save to represent him directing them to dig into their positions. Good luck and please post pics if you actually make him.

I certainly will post pictures, especially from start to finish as I work on the Project (I'll be doing the Daemon Prince version first, as I find the bigger the model, the easier it is to work upon).

I'll also repost his amended stats, and work on his rules (in the style of an Apocalypse Data-Sheet).

i doubt the bionics would have much affect once he became a daemon. right now he's a better fighter than angron which doesn't make much sense. I agree he should only be I6 . Also The save should probably be a 2+ armor and a 4+ invulnerable. After all why would he has more invulnerable protection than a servant dedicated to one god? Plus the T should be lowered to 6 since nothing ever painted him as tougher than Angron (in fact angorn survived being buried alive under the rubble of a fortress then dug himself out and killed everyone inside) plus T8 is a bit overkill. I'd say you might as well just bump the strength up to a perfect 10 since he has a thunder hammer or give him st6 and allow him to use the thunder hammer as either a power weapons that gives +2 strength and strikes at his normal initiative or as a weapon that doubles his strength (to a maximum of 10) and strikes at initiative 4. It seems to me that he should have the power to insta kill a ork warlord.

i doubt the bionics would have much affect once he became a daemon. right now he's a better fighter than angron which doesn't make much sense. I agree he should only be I6 . Also The save should probably be a 2+ armor and a 4+ invulnerable. After all why would he has more invulnerable protection than a servant dedicated to one god? Plus the T should be lowered to 6 since nothing ever painted him as tougher than Angron (in fact angorn survived being buried alive under the rubble of a fortress then dug himself out and killed everyone inside) plus T8 is a bit overkill. I'd say you might as well just bump the strength up to a perfect 10 since he has a thunder hammer or give him st6 and allow him to use the thunder hammer as either a power weapons that gives +2 strength and strikes at his normal initiative or as a weapon that doubles his strength (to a maximum of 10) and strikes at initiative 4. It seems to me that he should have the power to insta kill a ork warlord.

Interesting thought, I'm constantly working on the theoretical side of the project before the practical side comes into the picture, so any advice or C&C is most welcome.

I will of course be amending the stats anyway, the ones I posted were mainly experimental to get an idea of what can be done and how it could be done, and what changes could be made.

Thanks to every one so far who's posted, and if any one else has any thoughts or ideas, I'd love to hear them. :lol:

VERY QUICK UPDATE:

Am thinking of the dropping the idea of using Giant Legs, I might use two different ideas now, either that of the current 40K Daemon Prince legs, or using the legs of a Carnifex.

Still retaining the torso, head and arms of the Soulgrinder.

In relation to the stats I'm afraid it's already been done at B&C in the homegrown rules section. It's in the 'Primarch Project' and have been altered to fit with Angrons rules.

If you wish to add and/or discuss something in relation to his stats please feel free to post your ideas in Perturbos topic, which can be found Here, for easy reference. ;)

In relation to the stats I'm afraid it's already been done at B&C in the homegrown rules section. It's in the 'Primarch Project' and have been altered to fit with Angrons rules.

If you wish to add and/or discuss something in relation to his stats please feel free to post your ideas in Perturbos topic, which can be found Here, for easy reference. :)

Fantastic! That's great to know! at least I won't have to worry about his rules any more! I can work more now on how I see him in Daemon form!

Thanks for the information Silent Shadow, that's really useful! ^_^ :HQ: :lol:

I know you are going to make him a Daemon Prince now but i did find one model for him might be of some use to you http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1185/106232..._97d80f65ca.jpg

Thanks "Commander", that is actually useful as a reference for my Pre-Daemon version, it won't be exactly like him in the picture shown, but it gives me a better idea of what he would have looked like.

:D :lol: ^_^

Ok, so I'm "canning" the use of Giant Legs, Daemon Prince legs and Carnifex legs in my project to create Perturabo in daemon form.

I'm going to make him using just the Soulgrinder Kit (with heavy modification work and alot of conversion for some areas, and alot of Green Stuff).

• 2 weeks later...

ANNOUNCMENT:

My adaptation of Perturabo has been contstructed, I will be posting WIP images of him in the WIP section, I think I've done a pretty good job (the green stuff needs sanding, but all in all, he's practically ready for painting!)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, remember you have to make him suitably mechanical, i'd avoid horns and would go either for a huge jump pack or wings with pistons.

A decent head could be the one of the current metal 40k DP with horns filed down.

I have posted photos (the link is on one of my replies in this topic thread) I've tried to stay away from too much of what you say, and yes, I will be making the pack into a jump-pack sort of thing. :blink:

Archived