Come fellow Word Bearers

LorgarXVII17

Lorgar Speaks, And we Follow.

Hi guys, I just wanted to introduce myself as I am a 'brand new' Wordbearers convert. I have been play 40k since the early days of lead figures. I started as an Ork player (Blood Axes), the Eldar (Epic only), and finally took a break that lasted years. I have recently returned to the game (mostly because my little town got it's first GW store, and my skaven are a worthy force again) and have been struggling to find a 40k army. I started out with the new SM book, but I have been struggling...I'm just not a toe-the-line Imperial citizen.

And then I read the Dark Adept books...I've been reading everything that I could get my hands on about the WB and now that I have a dex in my hands it's gonna happen. Everything you guys have been talking about this last month has really given me some great ideas, and I would like to show of the building of this new army as it develops.

Starting with my Champion, I have decided to purchase both the DA bitz sprue and the BT bitz srue for the iconography, which I hope to 'mutate' for WB purposes. In an attempt to keep with the dark apostle theme, even though we have no rules anymore, I will be converting the Termie chaplin with the Chaos Champion kit to see what deviantcy I can come up with. Question is, CHaos lord or chaos sorceror? I haven't used the new psycher rules, but since the list needs to stay undivided I'm not sure if the points for the sorceror is worth it.

Death to the False God Emperor!

Another Word Bearer finds his way to our humble thread, and we've reached 2 whole pages. Its time for a celebration!

It will be nice to see pictures of your Word Bearers. Id start with a Dark Apostle (Chaos lord). I have a sorceror but he tends to fail every game I use him in.

Being a new Word Bearer, that makes you an acolyte (I guess). Now we need to find an Apostle worthy of being your guide so you may better bring honor and glory to our legion. Anyone willing to take this upon themselves? Or you could go on by yourself.

It is as you said. Lorgar speaks, and we follow. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Most of us have been Word Bearers for quite a long time.

So, I was talking to the local army hound at my Games Workshop about running this army list and I mentioned that I have seen a few lists that are using specific daemons (mounted daemonettes, keepers of secrets, etc,). The guy told me that as far as the CSM is concerned all daemons are the generic kind from the book unless you are playing Apocalypse, is this true?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I just started a new Word Bearers army. In fact I just painted the first 500 points of my new army last Saturday during an Iron Painter event.

Here's the pic of my finished army:

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs388.snc3/23705_330614812992_749007992_3581598_4059291_n.jpg

Dark Apostle with TDA in the middle and 2 Icon Bearers at each side. The rest are normal CSM.

Will post more pics soon!

Until then, DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

So, I was talking to the local army hound at my Games Workshop about running this army list and I mentioned that I have seen a few lists that are using specific daemons (mounted daemonettes, keepers of secrets, etc,). The guy told me that as far as the CSM is concerned all daemons are the generic kind from the book unless you are playing Apocalypse, is this true?

Yep, they generic, but in apocalypse you use the specific daemons from codex:daemons

Why have I not posted here?

I'm working on collecting the 42nd Host, led by the glorious and exalted Dark Apostle Akkan. At the moment I've got one squad, including a Champion and a flamer and heavy bolter. It's not easy when you're splitting the boxes between two armies.

Death to the false emperor! Glory to Lorgar!

Embrace the Dark Gods and/or die, says Dark Apostle Nabukad Ussar of the 32nd

med_gallery_25850_1043_21495.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_60128.jpg

Malek the Summoner

med_gallery_25850_1043_41981.jpg

His cultist-crowded temple

med_gallery_25850_1043_10499.jpg

Beware of the daemons!

med_gallery_25850_1043_39340.jpg

Nice thread with great inspirations. I paint the red of my word bearers with black undercoat, layers of dark flesh and with highlights of terracotta. I am currently working on two rhinos, but it will probably be the most slow painting ever, since i find vehicles dreadfully boring to paint.

Check out more pictures at:

Temple of Chaos

Dark Apostle with Anointed Retinue

Daemon Prince

The Dark Fortress

Glory be!

Truly awesome mini's above ^_^

Hi, im fairly new to the site. Been debating which 40K army to play and decided on Chaos, 2 of my friends are doing Iron Warriors and Night Lords, so I fancided giving one of the non-power 4 a go. My eyes settled on Word Bearers and Ive just finished the 2nd book - Dark Disciple. So slowly trying to decide what to use for an army.

What do you guys use for your HQ? I was considering a Daemon Prince and a Chaos Lord with maybe a normal Daemon Weapon (dark apostle with crozius). Obviously my initial thoughts was to go for a Sorcerer but reading, I discovered that the Bearers actually really dont like sorcery, detesting it, so i was left with either the choice of anohter Daemon Prince or a Lord ( and considering I want a dark apostle, Lord :P )

Id love to hear your thoughts on how you use them, how do you equip your lord? Seems to me hat Id give mine MoTzeentch, just for that 4+ inv which is nice. But id rather have the IoCG daemon weapon =[

cheers.

May you Bear the Word to unbelievers.

What do you guys use for your HQ? I was considering a Daemon Prince and a Chaos Lord with maybe a normal Daemon Weapon (dark apostle with crozius). Obviously my initial thoughts was to go for a Sorcerer but reading, I discovered that the Bearers actually really dont like sorcery, detesting it, so i was left with either the choice of anohter Daemon Prince or a Lord ( and considering I want a dark apostle, Lord :P )

I would consider going just with the general daemon weapon for the dark apostle as generally per the fluff they dont allign with any one god.

Hello all,

I've been putting my Word Bearer Army together for over two years now. I always knew I'd build a Chaos Space Marine Army. The Word Bearers appealed to me for several reasons; red/silver color scheme, fire, spikes, daemons, and guys that are really mad at their dad.

I decided to make my guys the XXXth (30th) Host years ago. Now reading "Dark Creed" there's a Host in that book that is the 30th. I'm not going to change my Host's number, and I'm not going to try to model or follow the fluff of that Host.

Two + years of modeling and not one model painted yet, maybe later this year. Here’s a link to my Work In Progress tread.

--> XXXth Host <--

Hope ya'll enjoy. I look forward to seeing and reading about fellow Word Bearers.

Those models posted are incredible I love the praying marine and his temple. Daemon Prince is also ace.

As Im not a WB Ill leave now.

*slam*

Thanks!

Never too late to join the ranks of the true believers though...

Got some Sons of Lorgar in the works myself, 23rd Host (if it isn't taken), nicknamed "The Dark Templars", currently under the leadership of Dark Apostle Khanar.

I like to think of them as a 'recruiting company', due to their large number of marines with non-Lorgar geneseed. Khanar likes to turn the Imperium's finest against them.

Greetings, brothers! A hearty "Death to the False Emperor" from Dark Apostle Razakel of the XIII Host. I play Word Bearers because of the picture on their page of the 3.5 edition Chaos codex. The moment I saw that, they were my favorite faction in 40k. I didn't get around to starting the army for a while because I was working on Black Legion at the time. While I was doing that, I got sort of bored with Chaos' models, and then I felt a strong urge to go paint Blood Ravens for some reason. But, shortly before the 4th edition Chaos codex came out, I saw pics of the new models and knew I had to have them, so I started a Word Bearer horde. The first attempt didn't go so well, the color scheme didn't feel right and I wasn't happy with my sculpting work, and on top of that I wasn't a fan of the codex. I put the project on hold, but I got bored over a summer and started over. The resultant painting blog-thread is in my sig. A few pics:

The Apostle himself:

gallery_39401_2771_117364.jpg

And some stuff from my squads (I love the Imperial Guard, but it's so much fun killing them):

gallery_39401_2771_50772.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_38031.jpg

Paint scheme is a basecoat of Scorched Brown with Scab Red layered over it, highlighted with Red Gore then Mechrite Red, trim is just Boltgun highlighted with Mithril, and then I wash the living crap out of everything with Badab Black and Devlan Mud until it looks suitably grimdark. Blood is L0new0lf's method - Tamiya Clear Red mixed with the old GW Black Ink.

I run the Apostle as a counts-as Tzeentch-marked Terminator Sorcerer with Warptime/Wind of Chaos. The Tzeentch mark simulates the old Accursed Crozius rules, Terminator armor is the closest thing to the old Daemonic Armor gift, Warptime because he's a 10,000-year-old warrior-priest of the dark gods and I personally think that warrants a good re-roll or five, and Wind to represent his very words being hateful enough to destroy the souls of the unfaithful. I also run a Chaos Lord with an Undivided Daemon Weapon and Wings as his First Acolyte. For fluff's sake, I don't run cult marines and I keep my CSM squads in 12-man flamer/melta units, so no Rhinos. I also make extensive use of Summoned Lesser Daemons modeled as cultists - figured if they've been hit with the generic-stick, I may as well try to do something interesting with them.

Wish I had some fluff for this army but I never get far when I try to write it down - always thought an "evangelist" Host would be interesting, converting loyalist marines or fellow traitors from other Legions, taking the wounded off a battlefield and then converting them through various spooky-Chaosy methods. Had a particular story in mind involving the capture of a Black Templar chaplain but every time I've tried writing it I get stuck after a few pages. Got a Raptor champion ready for painting who I like to think of as an ex-Night Lord, though.

Right, I'll be quiet now. All praises to Lorgar, brothers!

Hello, brothers! I return to you after a long break from 40k. (I finally got around to doing the Skaven, I love them)

Im suprised to see this thread is still alive and well, with a few very well known Word Bearers from this site posting here. I welcome any Sons of Lorgar.

Ive also finally got around to painting up the rest of my Terminators and my second marine squad...

Oh, the Word Bearers - probably the most complete force of little 40K men I've ever cobbled together. I've fought the Long War on and off for the past ten years, since the Children of Lorgar were but a few scant paragraphs in the 2nd Edition Chaos Codex. The idea of such utter madmen - motivated not merely by faith, but by the commandment of faith's necessity - is fascinating to me. In the last few years, I've gotten more serious about turning this hodge-podge collection into something serious, and have fleshed out the High Lord Esarhaddon's army, the Sicarii Host of Word Bearers with characters, commanders, and a paint scheme. They've developed a penchant for converted Blood Angels characters, and the new revamp of Sanguinus' cursed brood has opened up some possibilities...

Anyway, here's a few shots of the Sicarii. Esarhaddon himself is undergoing a makeover at the moment. Y'all will see him when he's beautiful!

First up is Barabbas, Exalted Champion of the Lord Esarhaddon.

http://lexingtonnet.com/barabbas/1.jpg

A few Champions, most of whom have paint on them now...

http://lexingtonnet.com/wordbearers/champs.jpg

One last Champ (also now painted) whom I'm fairly proud of. Behind him, you can see Esarhaddon's "pet" Daemon Prince, and his High Chaplain, Elezar the Sanctifier.

http://lexingtonnet.com/wordbearers/champ.jpg

A question I think at least someone here should know - In which number of White Dwarf was the index astartes article about our legion?

I threw away all my magazines some years ago when moving out, but I thought I saved the important ones. Now I cannot find it.

Greateful for any help...

All of my old WDs are sitting in an unorganized pile in the basement right now, so no guarantee here, but according to this resource it was #269. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the effort! Though before I found any place to buy it again, I found my old magazine, which is actually no 270, the one with a golden-metal WHFB chaos warrior on the front page.

Is it a good idea to try work out a list of places where specifically Word Bearer fluff is to be found? Together it should be quite easy for us, don't you think?

Here's a start anyway...

Words of the Word Bearers

* Codex Chaos 1996: pages 13, 35, 47.

* Codex CSM 1999: page 38. (For us, there is only a single picture of a word bearer in this codex - our legion is left out in the legion backgrounds. Outrageous!)

* Codex CSM 2002: pages 43, 74.

* Codex CSM 2007: pages 20, 69.

* White Dwarf no 270 (Index Astartes: Word Bearers): pages 50-57.

* Horus Heresy - Horus Rising: pages 373-375, 412.

* Horus Heresy - False Gods: pages 247-249, 325-326, 354, 404-406.

* Horus Heresy - Galaxy in Flames: pages 22, 81-86, 90-94, 200-201.

* Horus Heresy - Fulgrim: pages 340-344, 347, 418, 472, 474, 496.

* Horus Heresy - Battle for the Abyss: almost all pages.

* Horus Heresy - Tales of Heresy (Scions of the Storm): pages 159-209.

* Reynolds, A. - Dark Apostle: almost all pages.

* Reynolds, A. - Dark Disciple: almost all pages.

* Reynolds, A. - Dark Creed: almost all pages.

* Tales from the Dark Millenium (The Prisoner; A Balance of Faith; Gate of Souls; Fate's Masters, Destiny's Servants; Tears of Blood)

* Farrer, M. - Snares and Delusions [in Let the Galaxy Burn / Dark Imperium / Inferno!: #16]

Anyone interested could copy the list and add sources/pages to it, and it could grow in this thread. It would be nice to make a complete one, don't you think? Any true fanatics out here?

* White Dwarf no 270 (Index Astartes: Word Bearers): pages 50-57.

Full article also published in "Index Astartes: IV".

Also in Chapter Approved III (I think it was) there's a two-page spread of how to paint Word Bearers.

There's also one of the Battle Reports for the Eye of Terror campaign that housed a Word Bearer army against an Inquisition army, aswell as one of the Tale of Four Gamers at some point doing a Word Bearer army. If memory serves me right.

Don't know the specific White Dwarf numbers however.

Being as sad and sick as the rest of you defiled, desperate and dangerous deviates from the Imperial Lore, I shall lay claim to:

Host LVII : "THE DEVOURERS OF LIGHT", as commanded by Disciple ABRAXUS.

Anyone interested could copy the list and add sources/pages to it, and it could grow in this thread. It would be nice to make a complete one, don't you think? Any true fanatics out here?
There is more in the sticky, particularly the literature index.

I am surprised and glad that there are so many Word Bearers here!

Since there are so many of us I was curious to ask what first got you into the Word Bearers?

For me it was the campaign in Dawn of War: Dark Crusade. Where I played as the Word Bearers under the command of Eliphas the Inheritor (before he joined the Black Legion) and finished my first campaign with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMc5dCC41Ss...feature=related

Scenes like these and others are what made me cast off my oaths to the False-Emperor and join the Legion of Lorgar :)

Archived