Order of Saint-Gergory's log

tiny sam

Really enjoying your work brother,

Not sure I can help you with the prayer beads (initial thoughts revolved around drops of PVA but this would take an age as each one would have to cure before moving on to the next, same with manipulating balls of GS into line good luck with that one!)

Regards the Heavy Flamer I really like the design but if I may, he has a really, really long forearm! easily solved, had the same prob with the heavy flamer I am working on but trimming down the arm to just in front of the elbow pad and carefully carving out a notch where it attaches to the HF does the job.

Also really enjoying the fleur de lys (spelling?) in the air vents on the MkVIII, just a really sharp knife?

Keep up the good work!

NH out.

FTE

Please, please please lower the auspexe guy's bolter biggrin.gif Weapons are only held like that for the purpose of reloading.

point taken :D he will be posed like that I think.

gallery_16134_6380_78512.jpg

Loving your work mate, I really liked your IA and the Knights themselves are superb, if your still looking for names try some of these:

thank you!

this squad shall now be known as "squad Bohemond of Tarente" (which like all my other squad is an historical character)

Really enjoying your work brother,

Not sure I can help you with the prayer beads (initial thoughts revolved around drops of PVA but this would take an age as each one would have to cure before moving on to the next, same with manipulating balls of GS into line good luck with that one!)

thank you!

I tried Super glue on a test string but it just get absorb by it, instead of dropping... I'll try with PVA, nothing to loose.

Regards the Heavy Flamer I really like the design but if I may, he has a really, really long forearm! easily solved, had the same prob with the heavy flamer I am working on but trimming down the arm to just in front of the elbow pad and carefully carving out a notch where it attaches to the HF does the job.

yeah you were right, I shortened the arm and it's realy more proportionate, thanks

Also really enjoying the fleur de lys (spelling?) in the air vents on the MkVIII, just a really sharp knife?

if you're talking of the company champion, all the fleur de lys are painted free handed. (in fact all the fleur de lys of that thread are free handed)

For the walking veteran I found in my bitz box a "wrist's mounted Bolt pistol" (BA player are going to hate me :P)

And inspired by Durus' work, I began to green stuff a chapter emblem on the shoulder pad. when it will be cured I will do the end of the cross' branches. I plan of press-modling them after on shoulder plates.

gallery_16134_6380_90074.jpg

what do you think?

As always Comments and critics are welcomed!

Good old Bohemond of Taronto :P

Tancred was his nephew? Maybe you can do something interesting with those two??

Auspex guy looks good now.

Oh, I was wondering where you got those swords for your tactical squad (Pierre's squad)?? The ones on their belts...?

yeah As soon as I realised that I figured the vanguard veterans squad would be named squad Tancred ^_^

and for the swords, they are from Warhammer fantasy, if you have a game store nearby look in their Empire and Bretonian bitz box (thatt's where I found mine), might have a chance at Bitz Barn also.

Very nice. Just a couple of questions,

First off what are you using for the shield on the Tac marine? Page 2 post 27?

and rather irrelevant but I thought the Cross of Jerusalem was gold on a blue field?

I actually meant the Hooded head on the custom MkVIII chest, looks like you cut out a fleur de lys pattern on the air vents but could just be the light!

Good luck with the PVA!

FTE

HO! it's actualy from the the dark angel upgrade sprue and it's stock I think it's suppose to represent a winged sword :)

First off what are you using for the shield on the Tac marine? Page 2 post 27?

mmm random fantasy bitz :P I think it's an bretonian shield from the knight Errant box same thing as the sword, just search into you game shop bitz box (if they have one) or visit http://bitzbarn.com

Forgotten Knight and Brother-Sergeant Bohemond :

For the cross of jerusalem, yes you are right acording to wikipedia the cross of the jerusalem crusade was Gold on a white shield. But I found that red is actually better for a miniature perspective (gold tend to blend with white)

Brother-Sergeant Bohemond : I will use the armory of his former house "Hauteville" witch look realy "Space marines"

gallery_16134_6380_30194.jpg

Ok here is what I got for now

gallery_16134_6380_154210.jpg

here is the detail of that :

Bohemond of Tarente

(or Taronto not sure if I use the French original version or the English translation) he is coming well I think, he only need some more fold on his lower robe, a top robe to be made and a head...

gallery_16134_6380_107600.jpg

here is his power fistgallery_16134_6380_6670.jpg

the praying marine

the PVA glue turned out to be a realy good tools to make beads, thanks to NightHunters.

he need a robe so he is far from finished

gallery_16134_6380_30709.jpg

The walking veteran

he is pretty finished, his back pack will be glued after painting, he got a friend!

gallery_16134_6380_97240.jpg

Auspex guy

he is also pretty much finished, same thing for the back pack, he got an upgraded aupex!

gallery_16134_6380_230073.jpg

I need a fifth one too, probably try to make an aiming marine.

thanks to every one and as always Critics and comments are welcomed and expected

I suppose that bolt pistol on the arm actually is going to be used as a bolt pistol?

Of course what else could it be! (no matter what the BA player will tell me, it's to small to be a Bolter!)

wandering what head could I use for the sergeant i did my own

gallery_16134_6380_19346.jpg

then I remember!

MK8 Errant Armour

addressed the vunerability issues of the neck joint, which had been known to act as a "shell-trap", (a round could hit the chest armour and be deflected up into the neck joint). The new collar required a new helmet design, which caused problems for backward compatibility with earlier helmet types.

it did not fit ;)

so I made myself a custom Mk VIII helmet

and I finished the assembly|Green stuff of the sergeant

gallery_16134_6380_62499.jpg

Next : the last guy and and the robe of the praying marine.

Comments and critics are most welcomed

i began the last sternguard

Aiming position + stalker pattern Bolter.

gallery_16134_6380_67362.jpg

I'm asking myself whether I should use or not the ejecting bullets from the Ork sprue, to give the impression he is firing. What do you think?

I was thinking about the rosary issue and i remembered these: Tube Tools

You could just use 2 corrugated pieces of plastic, rub them on some greenstuff and voila- a load of even beads. Then, when they have cured for a couple of hours, You could make an incision cutting about halfway through and just slide the bent bead onto the wire. Or, if You ever need a new rosary- put a wire in a tube of greenstuff and roll between corrugated sheets, leave to dry- ta daam!- a workable rosary :tu:

Anyway, I wasn't convinced about Your work at first- I've quickly scrolled through the post and It seemed the paint scheme was just flashy and it didn't speak to me. Now that I'm reading this I think You've really achieved what You set out to accomplish and that is admirable- Your marines really look appropriately knightly and, just as I'd presume a knight regiment would have looked- each is different, yet they are overall unified. Your conversion work is of great quality, very creative and unique- keep it up and let us see more!

I was thinking about the rosary issue and i remembered these: Tube Tools

You could just use 2 corrugated pieces of plastic, rub them on some greenstuff and voila- a load of even beads. Then, when they have cured for a couple of hours, You could make an incision cutting about halfway through and just slide the bent bead onto the wire. Or, if You ever need a new rosary- put a wire in a tube of greenstuff and roll between corrugated sheets, leave to dry- ta daam!- a workable rosary :yes:

Anyway, I wasn't convinced about Your work at first- I've quickly scrolled through the post and It seemed the paint scheme was just flashy and it didn't speak to me. Now that I'm reading this I think You've really achieved what You set out to accomplish and that is admirable- Your marines really look appropriately knightly and, just as I'd presume a knight regiment would have looked- each is different, yet they are overall unified. Your conversion work is of great quality, very creative and unique- keep it up and let us see more!

Thanks!

that tube thing look soooo cool! definitivly my next thing to bought!! and for the flashy things, this Chapter does not really make into discretion :P

Ok I made some progress on the Praying marines robe

gallery_16134_6380_68985.jpg

What do you think? I was thinking of adding a corner near the left foot (his right) to make it look a little more square angled

I got the 4 other primed and began to paint while waiting for the green stuff to cure.

Broken helmet on a bases

gallery_16134_6380_66866.jpg

and I begin with Aiming marine's head

gallery_16134_6380_37626.jpg

Comments and critics (and suggestion) are welcomed

Painting progress!

the aiming marine is coming great (in think), on of the pictures is kind of dark, my light sources were not well positionned.. next one will be betters.

gallery_16134_6380_207757.jpg

Should I put a scope?

Comments? Critics?

Paint job finish on the stalker veteran

gallery_16134_6380_447770.jpg

A scope may look too much, but I love having scopes on aiming marines.

Very nice, loving the paint job on this guy, how did you do the silencer/longer barrel bit? Am I missing something ;)

hopefully for you I did a tutorial :D here

comments? critics?

yeah I'm kind of distracted right now by commissions as soon as I finish those -_- grey knights I'm switching to this squad!

never consider those terminator as trooper for tarification! never!

Archived