Ooof, great to see all those lovely miniatures you did over the years. Especially the White Scar you did for March of the Legions a couple years back brings back fond memories of a very active community and hobby vibe we had here. 

Also, that remodelled MkX plate looks fricking great! I'd love to do that for my Truescale berzerkers, but I'm not quite sure about how you did two things: The gorget and the removal and resculpting of the circular ankle thingies. The WIP pic you posted hints at how you did the gorget, and really only says 'removed the circular ankle thinges and resculpted with greenstuff/milliput mixture' to me. If you would be so very kind, would you mind giving an explanation as to the process? Pretty please? With sugar on top? Today is my birthday after all... :biggrin.:

Happy Birthday! :biggrin.:

With the gorget I cut it off in a single piece, glued it to it's new position and then filled the gap with the green-stuff/milliput mix.

The circular ankle pieces were even easier to fix. I cut then down so that they were on the same level as the armour panels that they cover. This meant that the front half of them was slightly higher than the back half because of the raised armour on the fron of the shin (relative to the armour on the back of the calf). I then used the gree-stuff/milliout mix to fill in the gaps. This mix is great because unlike pure green-stuff it is easy to cut and sand once it has dried. This meant that it was very easy to work the sculpted areas to blend seamlessly with the plastic armour.

Unfortunately I don't have any better picture of the conversion work on the leg armour.

3jIZFmr.jpg

Your Sons of Horus are probably one of my favorites. That scheme, oof. 

Thanks so much! Glad you like the SoH :tu:

Thanks for looking ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on a Sigismund conversion. He's nearly done now, just a few details and the base left to do. I hope you like him :biggrin.:

chyLCs7.jpg

MFhjjpx.jpg

DVuBsSZ.jpg

iQj6EQE.jpg

NIBqm7k.jpg

d4z3Lvo.jpg

I took some artistic license with the Black Sword, because a lustreless and unmarked black metal blade would look really boring. I still tried to make it much darker than how I usually paint blades.

Thanks for looking ;)

I really like what you did with Sigismund! 
The pose is better imo - the original one is too flamboyant for a son of Dorn. Now you gave him both nobility and menace. Really, really liking the dark, warm hue of yellow on the plate too. The sword I like too. It could have been darker still in the shadows obviously, but it is really nice as it is. Maybe you could have made that little shield on the cross-guard black? 
As always splendid work on the face. I find my eyes being drawn to it immediately. 

I like the new background too.

My Sigismund conversion is finished! I hope you like him :)

hDPkROl.jpg

DQFL0iL.jpg

HjilD6J.jpg

Sny6W0c.jpg

ZpapUQU.jpg

y57kmSM.jpg

TC14KbB.jpg

M8mkSiV.jpg

My two converted Forge World character series models.

NlNUC0k.jpg

I've also started working on Legion Master Lhorke in his Warhound colours.

KfXUQPK.jpg

Incredibly gorgeous model. Great work. 

Thanks very much! 

brilliant work Kizz, so inspiring.

Thanks! Glad you like him bro.

I love that pose! I think it's better than Forge World.

Thanks! I've never been a fan of the FW model.

I really like what you did with Sigismund! 
The pose is better imo - the original one is too flamboyant for a son of Dorn. Now you gave him both nobility and menace. Really, really liking the dark, warm hue of yellow on the plate too. The sword I like too. It could have been darker still in the shadows obviously, but it is really nice as it is. Maybe you could have made that little shield on the cross-guard black? 
As always splendid work on the face. I find my eyes being drawn to it immediately. 

I like the new background too.

Thanks for the kind words, bro! Much appreciated.

amazing paintjob!

Thanks a lot!

That is one sexy siggy

Much appreciated! 

That sigismund is brilliant fella

Thanks bro! Glad you like him.

Been a pleasure seeing you work on this over the last few days/etc on instagram! I'm a big fan of the 'shaved' look you gave him, very militaristic and Knight/monk-ish!

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like the hair. I'd never tried something like that before, so I'm glad it paid off.

Thanks for looking ;)

Thanks for the tutorial, buddy - that seems very easy and I'll be sure to give it a try. 

I saw that Imperial Fist Templar and I must say: that's a beauty. Of course, I'm a tad biased when it comes to yellow armoured Emperor lovers, but you know that. 

And last but not least: what a coincidence - I just found out today that the Warhounds had an inverted version of the white-and-blue scheme of pre-heresy World Eaters, and now you show me how incredibly awesome this looks. So.... I'm gonna use this for a little veriety in my force!!

Cheers!

My Legion Master Lhorke mini is finished! I had a lot of fun with the chipping fluid to add all of the scratches.

I0jubqx.jpg

H99fipM.jpg

sAnaLnD.jpg

wJQCUZV.jpg

qt29pFg.jpg

rzLcWW3.jpg

yuM9lqi.jpg

x8vw31j.jpg

jjUajrl.jpg

SGZH8ic.jpg

Thanks for the tutorial, buddy - that seems very easy and I'll be sure to give it a try. 

I saw that Imperial Fist Templar and I must say: that's a beauty. Of course, I'm a tad biased when it comes to yellow armoured Emperor lovers, but you know that. 

And last but not least: what a coincidence - I just found out today that the Warhounds had an inverted version of the white-and-blue scheme of pre-heresy World Eaters, and now you show me how incredibly awesome this looks. So.... I'm gonna use this for a little veriety in my force!!

Cheers!

Yeah, it's a really nice colour scheme. Looking forward to seeing your take on it :thumbsup:

That Sigismund would be perfect next to Dorn.

Thanks bro! Yeah, similar powerful poses.

So I saw your finished Lhorke. Holy hell man. How did you do the chain links for the 'balteus' skirt? Solidify the movement with putty/sticky tac, then use glue to keep them in place?

Thanks a lot bro! Yeah, I just used super glue to keep the chains in place. I made sure that it didn't fill any of the links by using a pin to remove any glue that collected there.

Sigismund looks great, unfortunately his face reminds me of Leandros.

Thanks bro! Nothing wrong with looking like Leandros.

Thanks for looking :wink:

This is a work of beauty, so amazing!

A few years back I had plans to make something sinilar, a “pre-Primarch former Legion master in a dreadnought chasis” (and figured he’d be called brother Argos as a tribute to the former BnC overseer); I never got ‘round to it and never could have done the man justice anyway, but looking at this piece brought the idea back to mind...

Go Dayyum that is one sexy Contemptor. MAN I love those models and MAN did you do a good job with it. I LOVE the War Hounds scheme too. And the pose. And the paint job. And the heraldry/transfers you did. And the chain conversion (how did you do that?)

I just ordered three contemptors. With 4 fists, 2 claws, 4 multimelta's, 4 twin autocannons, 4 twin heavy bolters, and 4 twinlascannons. Because of magnets. And all because of you. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I just painted up Dorn's head :tu:

3QWBzem.jpg

O9Egbho.jpg

B1eoenF.jpg

7SInK8t.jpg

FLVBLnh.jpg

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh! No words, “they should have sent a poet”

So glad you like him!

This is a work of beauty, so amazing!

A few years back I had plans to make something sinilar, a “pre-Primarch former Legion master in a dreadnought chasis” (and figured he’d be called brother Argos as a tribute to the former BnC overseer); I never got ‘round to it and never could have done the man justice anyway, but looking at this piece brought the idea back to mind...

Thanks very much! Really glad you like him.

Excellent work on Legion Master Lhorke. Is he standing on a wrecked Land Raider? If so, did he personally wreck the enemy tank?

Thanks a lot! It's a wrecked Sicaran. It's actually from Sigismund's scenic base.

Wonderful stuff. Can't wait to see what you work on next!

Thanks so much! Glad you like him.

Go Dayyum that is one sexy Contemptor. MAN I love those models and MAN did you do a good job with it. I LOVE the War Hounds scheme too. And the pose. And the paint job. And the heraldry/transfers you did. And the chain conversion (how did you do that?)

I just ordered three contemptors. With 4 fists, 2 claws, 4 multimelta's, 4 twin autocannons, 4 twin heavy bolters, and 4 twinlascannons. Because of magnets. And all because of you. Thanks.

Thanks so much bro! Contemptors are some of the best space marine models from any range in my opinion. They're so much fun to work with. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you go with your Contemptors.

I bought the chains from a model train shop and used super glue to keep them in place.

Thank for looking ;)