I Am Legion's Blood Angel Forces

I am Legion

Librarians Finished!!! Only 2 and a half weeks to complete. That's like a record for me. I meant to make one of them with magnetizable options, but I couldn't decide which Librarian looked better. So I made both. When I need it, I'll make a third, and sell the one I like least. Also THE last of the Space Hulk Terminators is finally complete. Glad to get those out of the way. So here is my question to the Forum: What should I paint next:

- 5xDevs - 4xLascannons

- 5xDevs - 4xHeavy Bolters

- 5xSniper Scouts

- 5xRegular Scouts

But anyway on with the show!

gallery_32371_1885_23780.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_61477.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_55969.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_76219.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_69718.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_64769.jpg

• 2 months later...

Brothers I'd like to add my completed Vow for E Tenebrae Lux to my main page. E Tenebrae Lux Complete

Next I have decided to begin work on 10xDC with magnetized JPs and some weapons. Hopefully they won't take long to paint seeing as theyre mostly Black. I have to admit I am rather excited to add DC to my army. And I have to say that since our codex and new models came out I have completed the following models:

Captain with JP

Sanguinary Priest

2 Librarians

Terminator Librarian Calistarius

30 Assault Marines

14 Terminators

5 sniper scouts

5 regular scouts

5 Devastators

and two objective markers on 1" bases

You know I never even counted up how many points that is.

• 3 months later...

So I've been away for a while, but now that i'm almost at the point where I've bought my first condo, and seeing as I'll have no money to do anything but paint with my time, I decided to get the paint brushes out and work on my next two squads. First up, is my magnetized 10xDC, and then my 10xTACs.

I forgot just how many parts there are to clean and file....then the painting....sigh....but DC are superior now, and the tactical squad i'm painting for LOLZ. I'll never use it, but it'll be an easy unit to paint, and at least I don't have to magnetize more JPs for a change. The Tactical Squad I've actually built 2 replacement Heavy Weapon Troops (so I got a ML, MM, and a HB). They will have magnetized Heads so I can change them between DEV Squads and Tacticals. I also threw in my old metal Sanguinary Priest that came with that techmarine with JP in the honour guard unit. All in all that's 23 models. Hopefully I'll done filing by next weekend. Anyways, heres a start. the bits on the foam still need cleaning along with the emptier of the two boxes.

gallery_32371_7006_14179.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

W00T!!!

If you live in Toronto, ON Canada, you can head up to Legends Warehouse as they have like 50% off all vehicles for this black friday weekend!

I myself just picked up a Vindicator, Whirlwind, 2 Attack Bikes, and the giant terrain box with the two bastions and 3 Aegis Lines!!!! Awesome!

As for modeling. I have filed and glued most of the 23 models together. Now I have to add the magnets to the backpacks for the DC and Sanguinary Priest. Ugh....No time anymore....I want to go back to neverland :)

• 3 months later...

Well it's been a while since I had a chance to work on anything, as the new girlfriend has been keeping me very busy for the last 4 months. But I've re-prioritized my life, and I made a small window for myself a couple times a week. So it'll be slow moving but I'll eventually get everything done.

So I've put together, filed, magnetized and almost finished greenn stuffing the 10 tactical (+2 extra heavy weapon dudes), 10xDC (all magnetized with JPs, and 5 with weapon options), and finally a furioso w/ Blood Talons, and the Frag Cannon.

So as soon as I'm done green stuffing the last 6 DC, I'll prepare a priming area.

Meanwhile, I've been collecting vehicles for when I'm done painting the above, I want to try to get them all done at once since i'll be airbrushing anyway. Here's what I got so far:

gallery_32371_7006_282877.jpg

I agree with Sanguine Eternal, those Librarians are awesome. 

That's an impressive to-do list.  Great to see a Whirlwind in there.  They don't get enough play. 

Thanks guys!

Yes sir, those are old DA bits I've had in my bitz box for years. Finally decided to use them, figured it fit the idea of the librarian.

Those are a few vehicles, yes, but when I actually get started, I want to add 2 more vindicators, 2 more whirlwinds, and 6 razorbacks.....if I can afford it by then tongue.png I kinda want to add the last Storm Raven, but I think I'm going to get a Storm Talon instead! Then just paint everything at once biggrin.png

But yes, I love whirlwinds

Ok so now I'm done with the sanding and green stuffing! This weekend I plan to prime everything! I can't wait :D

You are doing great so far and I really like the way the Librarians are made smile.png

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what is your recipe for the wings on the sergeants, because the transition from dark to light seems a little steep. Or is it the cam?

vahouth - It's the WD Blood Angels issue Sanguinor recipe. In fact, that's where I stole the Gold recipe as well, though mines no where as good :P

But yeah its....

1:2 Fenris Grey / Astronomicon grey

wash 1:1 Codex Grey / Fenris Grey

wash 1:1:1 Codex grey / Fenris Grey / Black
1 Astronomicon grey

1:1 Astronomicon Grey / White

1 White

redhorse And yeah, but it still doesn't feel like enough Crack....It taunts me as I walk into my room......and BTW Redhorse.......Ama Gonna prime tonight......ssshhhhhhh........Hopefully :P

All in all I am back in the mood to painting and I need to get my nerd on....

• 4 weeks later...

Small Update...Bloody hell, no time to paint, but I try for as much as possible in the bit of time before I go to sleep at night. Anyway, here's the first update of all the red done on the tactical Squad. I decided to stop painting them now and start on the 10 Death Companys main Black colour. this is 3 shades of grey at 10:1 then 10:2 then 10:3 black to white. So on 10 people at alot of mixing, this will take some time. And after that I can start doing the Golds and Wing colours, after that it's all the small stuff that doesnt take long. Anyway, heres the update:

gallery_32371_1885_398038.jpg

Thanks guys.

Yeah the skin colour never turned out the way I wanted but I will some day get back to them to fix it..... :/

For this Tac Squad, I gave the sergeant a bunch of weapon options (not to mention the bunch I already have from my other sergeants).  The heavy Weapons are for WYSIWYG options.  I was originally gonna give them swappable blue helmets to stick them into the DEV squads but I wanted to keep them seperate.

Another small update!!!!!

So I began to do the armour colour on the DC, and as it turns out, it really doesnt take so long, seeing as how forgiving dark grey on black is to paint.  I did most of the black armour colour this morning.  Now I'm just going to clean it up and give it a very light black wash to tie the blend a bit closer.  I'm so excited.  This DC is gonna be awesome.  bunch of magnetizeable options for them as well (no bolters....don't like em).

New update of the first and second major colours finished for the Tac and DC, the red armour for tac, and black (I know you cant see it, but it's 2 layers of dark grey), and the NMM gold. Now I'm onto the third and final major colour, and that's the wing colours....ugh....but after that it's all the small stuff that can be done in a day or two per colour (yeah I don't have that much time to paint). So anyway, heres the update. Sorry for the bad camera.

gallery_32371_1885_3384194.jpggallery_32371_1885_5321527.jpg

Looking good Legion, magnets ftw. Save such a lot of money in the long run. Your gold looks good, how did you acheive it? Any chance of a close up?

For the skin tone, try bringing it up to pure white, then glaze it with the blue you used as a wash (glaze is a very watered down wash and brings the highlights together, you could always re-highlight with white again)

Thanks guys, yeah ill try that out for the skin tone when i get around to it again!

I'm only a few days away from finishing all the wing colours so ill be posting up the update as soon as i can....

As for the NMM gold, you can see close ups omw the other models. It hasn't changed one bit :)

Man, i am so excited to get these done so i can start on all those vehicles!

• 2 weeks later...

I like your heavy weapon options,  gotta love those 'free' heavy weapons! 

Small critique I suppose, I really don't dig the wined helmet on the sergeant, but they are yours and they do look quite good! 

Where do you magnetize for special weapons? (Got 20 Assault Marines to do soon, and really want to magnetize the melta/flamer/plasma marines so i don't have to make 3 guys just to be able to swap).

I've kept mine unglued and just lay the weapons in the marines arms. Like a baby if you will. I believe I've used Bolter arms for the pose.

Just my 2 cent. :)

Where do you magnetize for special weapons?  (Got 20 Assault Marines to do soon, and really want to magnetize the melta/flamer/plasma marines so i don't have to make 3 guys just to be able to swap).

If you have enough arms and shoulder pads magnetize the arms, if not put smaller magnets in the lower arms and hands.

Archived