Space Wolves 19 12,731 637
Ultramarines 6 2,709 452
Chaos 19 5,625 296
Ordos Inquisition 6 1,633 272
Total 156 74,597 478
- - - -
Codex Space Marines 29 14,407 497

Comments:

The Dark Angels retain the highest number of vows and the highest point-count however the difference with the rest of the forums has narrowed. Still they retain a fairly high points/vow ratio but it is evident that their leading position is challenged from all fronts. They increased their point-count by 30% in the week (5.0k pts).

The Wolves made an impressive effort last week keeping the second position in terms of pledged points increasing last week’s levels by 43% (5.5k pts). They also retain one of the highest points/vow that increased even more compared to last week. This is mainly because of the relatively high density of super-vows (>1,000pts). It appears that the Wolves have an affinity for entering high value vows and they are also very vocal about it! It seems to be a genetic thing... Maybe something that should be looked into?

Blood Angels are the heroes of this week. From a fairly weak position (4th or 5th if we count the Codex Astartes forums together) they climbed to third place overtaking the Black Templars and only a handful of points separating them from the Wolves (around 450pts where the average vow is 470 – so just a vow away from second place). Congratulations guys – the Angels of Blood showed resilience that I guess is a signature trait... Well done. Just to get the measure of effort the Blood Angels increased their pledged points by more than 52% on the week adding 6.4k points the biggest addition of any single forum!

Black Templars continue with their systematic approach to the challenge staying in touch with the top positions but slipping to 4th place with a good 1.3k points behind the Blood Angels. Given their average points/vow it means that, roughly, at this stage they are 3 vows behind... Certainly an easy to cover distance if they don’t slip further -or indeed if the Blood Angels don’t take-off. Still they managed to increase their point count by 41% on the week but adding only 4.4k points. Sorry guys – you need to step-up the effort!

Index Astartes and Liber Astartes are doing a fantastic job! They have increased their vows by 69% and 74%(!) over the week and also increased their points/vow ratio to 416 (from 259) and to 720 (from 442) respectively. However, individually they have a fairly low number of participants (pledged vows). If new blood comes in with vows close the current averages I wouldn’t be surprised to see a change in the top three positions – and a nasty surprise to the “traditional” powers! So guys don’t hold back! Go Liber! …and Index ;)

Ultramarines are really lagging. They only added 1 vow in the past week and total points pledged are the second lowest. However the points/vow seems to be at par with the leading forums so again we have lack of numbers not commitment! Someone needs to explain this to me. How come Ultramarines lag in numbers? Seriously guys, pick up your brushes and stand by the XIII Legion!

However if one is to measure the relative weight of the C:SMs in the ranks of B&C one should look at the Codex Space Marines forums as one. In this case, after the second week, they are the 2nd (!) in points pledged; they increased their vows by 62% w-o-w adding a stunning 9k pts the largest addition among all forums and with more than 1.5k pts difference to the Wolves!!!

Chaos has two conflicting characteristics (well a million actually but I won’t go there right now :D) . in terms of vows its right there with the Wolves. In terms points/vow... VERY low!!! (less than 300). What Chaos lacks is a few super-vows (>1,000pts). Without them, their best chance is to wait for others to fail and keep renewing their own... Not a very sound strategy if the leading forum has currently pledged 3x the points you have. So more high-value entries should be the order of the day!

Ordos Inquisiton continue to try to purge the Galaxy on their own! A noble cause and something for all of us to aspire to! Good luck Brothers – continue upon your path of righteousness!

No Titans yet... :(

So now we enter week 3 of the competition. Good luck to all and remember: After June 15th NO NEW ENTRANTS will be allowed. The teams would be set! So take the vow now or stay on the bench to watch your Brothers fight it out!

Good luck to all!

They dare taunt us with the Ophidium Gulf!?!

This wont stand Dark Angel!

time to go rooting through my box of forgotten hand me downs for more vow fodder (you've also just given me the motivation I need to buy another predator to be added with a later vow :) )

It seems to me like vowing small amounts is the clever thing to do. What's the point of vowing lots and potentially failing by one marine when you could have vowed little and renewed when able to paint more? The end result is the same yet with small incremental vows you can stop if something comes up. Big vows are just setting yourself up for a fail. Or did I read the rules wrong and you can't add to a vow past June? That would change my strategy...

Unless I read the rules wrong, what we need is more numbers. We are the Black Templars!! We should have no issue with numbers! Come on Brothers! Let's get the biggest crusade going!

Or did I read the rules wrong and you can't add to a vow past June? That would change my strategy...

I'm reading this the same way you are I think. I'm reading it that no new participants past the June deadline, which would mean those participants can continue to vow past that

Where's that Dark Angel? He needs to verify how this works for you and I, Arthanor! Lol

EDIT: Also, I do think that if you fail any of your vows, he says that all of your vows are forfeit. Though the smaller ones would still be better, since you can gauge what it is you can or cannot do closer to the End date.

It seems to me like vowing small amounts is the clever thing to do. What's the point of vowing lots and potentially failing by one marine when you could have vowed little and renewed when able to paint more? The end result is the same yet with small incremental vows you can stop if something comes up. Big vows are just setting yourself up for a fail.

This is my strategy. I've pledged 400pts worth to start with, & I have around another 600pts primed/unbuilt/boxed to add bit by bit as I finish each vow. I will also have a couple more months "hobby-budget" to plow into something else, but I won't be over-stretching myself & invalidating the work I've already put in.

I sent a PM to Captain Semper, this is his clarification

You are correct. Once you place a vow before June 15 you enter the club. You are eligible to make new vows (provided you finish the previous one) and you can indeed amend your old vow. After the 15th the vows are set and cannot be changed. You can always however make new vows - once the previous ones are done!

In case anyone else was wondering

Sounds good!

Looks to me like we have very sound logistics for this competition then.

We resist the trickery of the Dark Angel and his talk of super-vows, one vow at a time we will overcome them all! (And what Templar doesn't like taking vow after vow any ways?). Now we just need to get our numbers up. We are only 2 behind Blood Angels, as of the latest count.

If you haven't yet, join the Crusade and let's show them who are the Emperor's Champions!

NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

Vow Completed

http://i.imgur.com/2AOcI.jpg?1

More pics: Sorry for the bad quality. BlackBerry camera is all I've got nearby

And Here's my 2nd Vow:

“I Brother Darklight answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Marshall in Terminator Armour with a Lightning Claw and Storm Shield from Codex: Black Templar of total value 140 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templar and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Before:

http://i.imgur.com/CySwgh.jpg

Well done Brother Darklight! Paving the way for the rest of the crusade!

I would like to add:

"I, Arthanor, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Emperor's champion with Accept Any Challenge No Matter The Odds, represented on his back banner, from Codex: Black Templar of total value 140 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templar and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Which raises my vow to 350pts. No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear!

Forgive me Dark Angel, but my Zeal has taken hold of my form once more. That's two vows completed this eve.

Where there is uncertainty, I shall bring light.

Where there is doubt, I shall sow faith.

Where there is shame, I shall point atonement.

Where there is rage, I shall show its course.

My word in the soul shall be as my bolter in the field

NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

Second Vow Completed

http://i.imgur.com/zLiFqh.jpg

Gallery here: Again, Bad Quality, sorry.

And then there was Three

“I Brother Darklight yet again, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Master of Sanctity with Terminator Armour and a Thunder Hammer from Codex: Black Templar of total value 165 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templar and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

http://i.imgur.com/m2zbVh.jpg

And Lo my Brothers, do I say unto you, the most pious and mighty Brother Darklight did indeed remember the Ophidium Gulf, and bring the full might of the Black Templar's to bear.

For again do I say, that our most pious and zealous Brother has already completed not one, but two Vows, and is pledging a third.

For indeed it would be right to take an example from his mighty deeds.

FOR SIGISMUND, FOR DORN, FOR THE EMPEROR!

First post table updated!

@ Brother Darklight: Congratulation on completing your first AND your second vow! You are the first to do so. BTW you know this is until August 15th right? ;) hahahaha!

@ Arthanor: Sorry mate - no points for the Emperor's Champion vows. I've updated your vow with only the 90pts that correspond to the Champ with no vows. Made a similar ruling for chaos Sorcerers that have to take a psychic power. No points for that either.

@ Eudoros: Sorry mate, for some reason it does not allow me to PM you. So here's the answer:

Regarding the Emperor's Champion vows the answer is no, the vows don't earn you points. I made a similar ruling for the Chaos Sorcerers that have to take a psychic power and Space Wolves with Sagas. The thing is if they were to be allowed people will get points (in the case of the Emperor's Champ up to 50pts) with no effort at all. So you only get points for the upgrades that can be physically represented on the mini.

Regarding Neophytes, they are absolutely legal in a Crusader squad, provided the rules are kept (i.e. no more neophytes than initiates).

Hope this helps - if not don't hesitate to contact me again! :)

Look forward for your vow.

I, The Ginger Avenger, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a 5-man tactical Terminator squad with an assault cannon, a cyclone missile launcher and a chainfist plus an Emperor's Champion from Codex: Black Templars of total value 340 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Here is my WIP thread...

Many thanks Brothers, but we have a long way to go! I will continue to roll out as many Battle Brothers as I can in the coming weeks, but I cannot do this alone!

We will show our Battle Cousins how it is done! For the Helbrecht!! For Sigismund!! For the Emperor!!!

BTW you know this is until August 15th right? :rolleyes: hahahaha!

Oh, there's a lot more where that came from! I've got ~3000pt army at my disposal, and not a whole lot of it has been painted. Real life issues n such, didn't have time to paint. Expect more from me Brothers!

Forgive me Dark Angel, but my Zeal has taken hold of my form once more. That's two vows completed this eve.

“I Brother Darklight yet again, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Master of Sanctity with Terminator Armour and a Thunder Hammer from Codex: Black Templar of total value 165 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templar and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Brother Darklight, very impressive terminators...as a Dark Angel, I am beholden to admire all marines with TDA. Nice work on the minis and the vows!

SG

Brother Darklight, very impressive terminators...as a Dark Angel, I am beholden to admire all marines with TDA. Nice work on the minis and the vows!

SG

Many Thanks, SG. Of all of my minis that weren't painted, it seemed right to start with those who had been granted Terminator Honours. The Marshal is one of my newer models, as is the Master of Sanctity(my current vow), so the Sword Brethren who had patiently sat in my hobby case deserved it more, I figured :)

Archived