WLK's E Tenebrae Lux Vow Paint Blog and ETL Part 5 Vow

I think I have 47...damn, better lose 2.

I also plan on creating my "Orkin Men", 10 WG with Jump Packs, Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields. A mess of points, but their main focus will be hunting monstrous creatures and the like.

WLK

well if all the bases in your pic are for termies then theres 50 which means the number goes to 51 for spam :P

trade has been completed, I need to do more bases. I believe (will recount when final assembly begins) I am at 54 Wolf Guard Terminators.

Frankly, I think this may have grown faster/larger than I planned. 

NEXT DAY EDIT: I'm only going to vow 50 of them for now, as the last few didnt strip all that well. I dont want them holding up the vow when the ball drops, so they will get dropped for the moment.

WLK

trade has been completed, I need to do more bases. I believe (will recount when final assembly begins) I am at 54 Wolf Guard Terminators.

Frankly, I think this may have grown faster/larger than I planned. 

NEXT DAY EDIT: I'm only going to vow 50 of them for now, as the last few didnt strip all that well. I dont want them holding up the vow when the ball drops, so they will get dropped for the moment.

WLK

tell the truth: you just dont want it to be considered spam ;) :)

tease of whats to come...I have 4 squads of 10 Wolf Guard Terminators ready to be vowed, going to prep the final squad of ten after work tomorrow.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/E%20Tenebrae%20Lux%20Vow%203/IMG_20140501_013215_867_zps780f14a4.jpg

tease of whats to come...I have 4 squads of 10 Wolf Guard Terminators ready to be vowed, going to prep the final squad of ten after work tomorrow.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/E%20Tenebrae%20Lux%20Vow%203/IMG_20140501_013215_867_zps780f14a4.jpg

Yep, that's at least 48 points toward the Pearl of Fenris, if you get it all done, since there are bonus points for full units of 10. Well done!

As patience isnt one of my stronger traitrs, I pushed the last 10 Wolf Guard aside until I get the bitz I need, and pledged the following for my first vow: 

Logan Grimnar 275

Ragnar Blackmane 240

Ulrik the Slayer 180

Wolf Lord with Runic Armor, Frost Axe, Storm Shield, Wolf Tail Talisman, Wolf Tooth Necklance 195

Wolf Guard Battle Leader in TDA, Frost Axe, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Wolf Tail Talisman 135

Wolf Priest with Runic Armor, Plasma Pistol, Runic Armor, Wolf Tail Talisman, Wolf Tooth Necklace 150

Wolf Guard x 10, Storm Shield x 10, Thunder Hammers x 10 930

Wolf Guard Terminators x 10  
Assault Cannon+Chain Fist
Heavy Flamer+Wolf CLaw
Wolf Claw+Storm Bolter x2
Combi-Plasma+Chain Fist
Combi-Flamer+Wolf Claw
Combi Plasma+Chain Fist
Combi-Flamer+Power Fist x2
Combi-Melta+Wolf Claw

Power Sword+Assault Cannon
Heavy Flamer+Wolf Claw
Power Fist+Storm Bolter x3
Chain Fist+Storm Bolter x2
Thunder Hammer+Storm Shield

Power Fist+Heavy Flamer
Power Sword+Storm Bolterx2
Wolf Claw+Wolf Claw
Wolf Claw+Storm Shield
Wolf Claw+Power Fist
Thunder Hammer+Wolf Claw
Power Fist+Storm Bolter

Wolf Claw+Assault Cannon
Wolf Claw+Heavy Flamer
Thunder Hammer+Storm Bolter
Wolf Claw+Combi-Flamer
Chain Fist+Combi-Meltax3
Wolf Claw+Combi-Melta
CHain Fist+Storm Bolter
Wolf Claw+Storm Shield

Razorback with Assault Cannon 75

Land Raider Redeemer with Multi Melta 250

4450 points

It's a little much, but I believe I will be able to complete this task.

Wolf Lord Kieran

As patience isnt one of my stronger traitrs, I pushed the last 10 Wolf Guard aside until I get the bitz I need, and pledged the following for my first vow:

Logan Grimnar 275
Ragnar Blackmane 240
Ulrik the Slayer 180
Wolf Lord with Runic Armor, Frost Axe, Storm Shield, Wolf Tail Talisman, Wolf Tooth Necklance 195
Wolf Guard Battle Leader in TDA, Frost Axe, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Wolf Tail Talisman 135
Wolf Priest with Runic Armor, Plasma Pistol, Runic Armor, Wolf Tail Talisman, Wolf Tooth Necklace 150
Wolf Guard x 10, Storm Shield x 10, Thunder Hammers x 10 930
Assault Cannon+Chain Fist
Heavy Flamer+Wolf CLaw
Combi-Plasma+Chain Fist
Combi-Flamer+Wolf Claw
Combi Plasma+Chain Fist
Combi-Flamer+Power Fist x2
Combi-Melta+Wolf Claw
Heavy Flamer+Wolf Claw
Power Fist+Storm Bolter x3
Chain Fist+Storm Bolter x2
Power Fist+Heavy Flamer
Wolf Claw+Storm Shield
Power Sword+Storm Bolter
Wolf Claw+Power Fist
Thunder Hammer+Wolf Claw
Wolf Clawx2
Wolf Claw+Assault Cannon
Wolf Claw+Heavy Flamer
Thunder Hammer+Storm Bolter
Combi-Melta+Chain Fist x 2
Chain Fist+Storm Bolter
Wolf Claw+Storm Shield
Power Sword+Storm Bolter
Wolf Claw+Storm Bolter
Land Raider Redeemer with Multi Melta 250
It's a little much, but I believe I will be able to complete this task.
Wolf Lord Kieran

jawdrop.gif 4405 points......cheers brother and good luck.

Due to having company for the last few days, I hadnt been able to do much to get started on this. With them leaving today I started the ball rolling

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/E%20Tenebrae%20Lux%20Vow%203/IMG_20140505_161429_918_zpst0nfqbl9.jpg

I am happy to say I also got the first layer of paint on them, but not much more. I was too busy screaming at the tv over how poorly the Rangers (NHL hockey) played tonight

@Fytharin: Thanks, I didnt expected to start off vowing so much, but it added up quicker than I expected.

@Rift Blade: It only looks so much due to the jump Wolf Guard, who are stupid expensive, and finding old HQ models laying around. they contributed alot of "meh" points.

@Maverik: it's only bold if i pull it off. until then I prefer "stupid"

@Baulder: I may be many things, but legend isnt one of them. I prefer cautionary tale of temporary mjod induced insanity

@Brother Rylanor: Thanks, I hope I can do this, I work 2 jobs so painting time can be scarce. 

@pedrogzc: Thanks, I used to be a warhammer fantasy player, with infantry blocks about 25-30 strong. this many models, broken into sets of 10, doesnt scare as much as it should.

Thanks everybody for looking in and the well wishes, I hope to earn it.

WLK

mini progress update: I've only managed to snatch a hour or two to paint here or there, but i've made a little good progress on the first WG terminator squad.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/E%20Tenebrae%20Lux%20Vow%203/IMG_20140509_012754_642_zpswj3l9cwz.jpg

and here is the project i pushed aside for this vow, finishing my Raven Guard Battle Company...so close....

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/E%20Tenebrae%20Lux%20Vow%203/IMG_20140509_243358_245_zps98x0dq7f.jpg

all for now.

WLK

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Well, as long as you're still in the game, everything will be fine! biggrin.png

Keep at it Champ!

Never fear good Captain, while my motivation to paint is at a extreme low at the moment (insert problems that nobody really cares about), but I'm plugging away at the vow. It should be doable, but I am *slightly* kicking myself over this vow.

WLK

Archived