RTS WIP!

gallery_62972_9848_35675.jpg

Having been shaded, she needs tiding up followed by highlights (I use Fiery Orange - yes really) and the rest of the detail.

Meanwhile, any suggestions on a colour for the door boarder? It can't be red, metal, grey, or bone (as shown) as none of those work. I want the lightning on the front of the tank to be the same colour too.

gallery_62972_9848_8805.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a WIP of my Speeder. Hoping to get it and the Whirlwind done soon enough so I can squeeze in a Character:

gallery_62972_9848_11873.png

Things to do:

• Remaining detail
  • Tidy up colours plus highlight the red
  • Add a light blue tinge to what I consider the anti-grav bits (grav technology in the Joliverse is blue)
  • Green stuff the holes :verymad: Honestly, if I had known how off the model would have been I would have questioned doing it in sub-assemblies. Looking at my codices you can even see GS on the studio models :verymad:

Nice job. I've been interested in a speeder. I see them often on ebay for pretty cheap. How are you running them, and how have they worked for you?

Haven't used one this edition yet.

Previously I was a fan of large rate of fire (two heavy bolters) and vehemently against builds such as the MM&HF. However, with split fire now a thing, weapon choice depends on points and the rest of my army. (Still like the dual HBs though)

• 3 weeks later...

RTS WIP!

gallery_62972_9848_35675.jpg

Having been shaded, she needs tiding up followed by highlights (I use Fiery Orange - yes really) and the rest of the detail.

Meanwhile, any suggestions on a colour for the door boarder? It can't be red, metal, grey, or bone (as shown) as none of those work. I want the lightning on the front of the tank to be the same colour too.

gallery_62972_9848_8805.jpg

Just checking through some threads. Which part - the raised trim?

Personally, I'd paint the inner black, and the trim stone grey or gold. Do the same for the front plate, have the raised plate black and the lightning gold.

Vow complete

gallery_62972_9848_455440.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_630065.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_886423.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_746438.jpg

I Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of his name rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one TDA Captain on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels Chapter I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_62972_9848_911723.jpg

There's also Rhino/Razorback mode for the Whirlwind and plain Land Speeder for the Typhoon:

gallery_62972_9848_190283.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_910162.jpg

Quite enjoyed do these all in all. Tried out new techniques and colours which seemed to have worked well. Need to work on my photos though!

Don't have the bits and my vow was restricted due to being a DC legacy vow.

Am I missed a trick by not considering a dual HF?

Yeah the dual HF on the speeder is pretty amazing. I forgot who, but someone here suggested it and I've been using 3 of them for almost 2 months now... standout units.

The speeder is surprisingly decent in CC for a vehicle, but it kills on overwatch, regular shooting, and can flee from combat and still roast because of 'fly'. Otherwise I am totally cold on HF's but here they really work.

As for photos, I'm limited by a camera phone, light, and time (i.e, I can't take them in peak daylight hours pursued, etc).

How old is your phone? TBH it seems more like you need to clean the lens rather than bad light. Granted I am spoiled since my own phone has a really high pixel camera but my pictures I take with the new backdrop are all from my phone.

Moto G4 which I've had since December. Quick WIPs like above I do on my PC desk (so yes, bad light) but other pics I've tried outside (weather and time dependent) and various rooms in my house, none of which I'm satisfied with.

For the most part I follow this guide as close as I can. Each pic I resize otherwise I can't upload it the the gallery and then I crop them.

Obviously I'm missing a setting or something. (No money for light boxes, etc)