+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Black Templars Strategium+++

But in the end, it's not the amount pledged. It is the actual vow completed! So until the competition ends, we still do not know who the winner will be!

This.

Also, I just wanted  to confirm that dedicated transport, without their corresponding unit, are acceptable entries. E.g. a bog standard rhino.

Cheers,

I, Andhil answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to
complete a 5-man Crusader squad equipped with a Plasma Cannon for a
total of 100 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal
glory to the Black Templars, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge
of Shame until the year-end.

I decided to start small, as I haven't painted (or even seen) any of my models for about 2 months now, so I want to make sure I still possess my painting mojo. teehee.gif If this vow is done, I might do more. They'll all be small, but every point counts!

EDIT mk.II: Before pics are up: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/276480-andhils-etl-ii-wip/

Welcome Andhil! You can get the pics when you're ready. Good luck!

NOW WHAT IS GOING ON TEMPLARS? YOU'RE SLIPPING... LOSING MOMENTUM... WHERE ARE YOUR OTHER MARSHALS? TOO BUSY TO ANSWER THE CALL?

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I am here brothers. I am working on a strategy for this years 5 vow requirements. Sorry for the delay, but I am in the middle of a full house remodel and the wife is pregnant with twins...and my models and painting station are under so much crap.

What I do know is that I have a lot, for this years competition. 1 thawk, 1 ceastus ram, 2 LR, 1 sraven, 2 stalon, plus loads of termies, grimi and squad, and dreads, so I am pumped for this year. Will get my vow posted here in the next few days.

One question Cpt Semper units like Paladin walkers (mini titans) are not legal correct? I have three built and was hoping to enter them this year. If not, can they be a counts as venerable dreadnoughts?

@ hart3856: Paladin Walkers? These were knights if I recall (from p. 126 of the Citadel Catalogue Section 1 in 1991). If that is the case I'd like to see them compared to a dread. I have the feeling that they are considerably smaller. If these are other minis than the ones I mentioned again feel free to post a pic next to a dread to see what you mean.

After years of stalking the B&C i am proud and a bit pumped to declare as my first post:

I Marshal Wolfhart answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a marshal (power weapon, stormshield, holy orb and adamantine mantle), a terminator squad (5 strong, assault cannon) and 2 crusader squads (each 10 initiates, power weapon, meltagun) from Codex: Black Templars of total value 735 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Onward brothers! furious.gif

Welcome to the ETL Marshal Wolfhart - your vow is in. Good luck!

New cover art Templars - I hope you'll like it! Thank the Emperor for The Shadow Guard (we're talking deep, deep Inner Circle here)!

I feel like I'm letting you all down, Brothers!  

Real Life has held me by the Holy Orbs for the last while... 

I'm determined to have my before pics up this evening and I've got the night dedicated to building/painting that Drop Pod... maybe the Neophytes too.. (I hate painting faces, I never think they're good enough. I'll try to get those out of the way without OCDing all over the place!) 

I'm determined to have my before pics up this evening and I've got the night dedicated to building/painting that Drop Pod... maybe the Neophytes too.. (I hate painting faces, I never think they're good enough. I'll try to get those out of the way without OCDing all over the place!) 

Don't think about this as "real life" is holding you down. Think about it in terms of 40K, find a metaphor :) Like that your Holy Orbs are stuck in a warp storm or something... I just hope that, after all, you won't have to paint those DA. Remember to paint all your marines black.

Don't think about this as "real life" is holding you down. Think about it in terms of 40K, find a metaphor smile.png Like that your Holy Orbs are stuck in a warp storm or something... I just hope that, after all, you won't have to paint those DA. Remember to paint all your marines black.

That'll be the problem... all of my Marines (aside those mentioned for the Penance vow) are painted black already. I have a boatload of models unpainted for other armies that desperately need attention. Ugh...

Alright, let's play a game. What low-quantity/high point-cost items can Brother Darklight grab on his way home from work for when the time comes for his 2nd vow? Lol

I seem to be stuck in the warp. Time I set aside for painting keeps disappearing.

I also figure I should post before pics here for Captain Semper's sake. Although they are built and basecoated now.

ETL Vow 1 Before

And the link to my WIP thread, which I hope at some point will actually show some work and make some progress.

Alright, ENOUGH STALLING.
I Scott Bryant (no need here for informalities) do PLEDGE to join the ETL to make my brethren PROUD. 
Though I am waiting on my first choice for a vow, I musnt wait longer, I am needed.
I pledge one Land Raider Crusader (265) with Searchlights (1) Smoke launchers (3) and one Storm Bolter (10) for a total of 279 points, to be completed before or on August 15th! When succeeded, I will bring honour to the chapter, THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION. 
This is Vow One. 

All right. Finals are done.

I, Krikey, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Sword Brethren Terminator Assault Squad (5xTH, 4xLC, with Crusader seals) from Codex: Black Templars of total value 378 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

gallery_60019_7476_1289.jpg

gallery_60019_7476_14070.jpg

Already have the TH members converted, but I still need to do the conversion work on the LC members. I should be able to get them to table-top grade at least; I suppose I can finish the fine work to match the rest of my army later, if that's acceptable? (Though I hope to have them completely finished by the deadline ... the crew here knows how slowly I paint.) Edit: Never mind -- I see that participants are expected to paint to the best of their ability, so I will finish them to match my army before I call the vow complete.

Question: would it be acceptable to convert and paint one of the models as an apothecary? The model would retain the equipment represented in-game, but I would add narthecium and diagnostic equipment for display purposes only -- it would only count as a standard assault terminator (re: rules and points cost). I didn't see anything in the rules prohibiting, but wanted to be certain before I start cutting.

~K

Alright, let's play a game. What low-quantity/high point-cost items can Brother Darklight grab on his way home from work for when the time comes for his 2nd vow? Lol

It's a year old, but the price per point list I made for last years ETL is still somewhat valid. You can see it here. Hope that helps. thumbsup.gif

Don't think about this as "real life" is holding you down. Think about it in terms of 40K, find a metaphor smile.png Like that your Holy Orbs are stuck in a warp storm or something... I just hope that, after all, you won't have to paint those DA. Remember to paint all your marines black.

That'll be the problem... all of my Marines (aside those mentioned for the Penance vow) are painted black already. I have a boatload of models unpainted for other armies that desperately need attention. Ugh...

Sure you have enough Techmarines and Apothecaries with all possible equipment?

Lo there do I see the dust rise before me. The gathering of a great army awaits our command.

I, Brother Richard, recruited by Honda, accept the challenge set before the Templar Crusade in the call of the E Tenebrae Lux. Marshall Creston with Terminator Command squad of nine brothers, Chaplain Grimaldus, retinue, and a Reclusiam Terminator Command Squad of Nine Brothers, and our Emperor's Champion with Accept Any Challenge Vow. Points will be tallied when the Master of Records has finished his prayers and properly recovered the holy tomes of armament. I bring eternal glory to the Black Templar's, and shall wear the badge of honor.

EDIT: Points add up to 1622 for this HQ unit no unpaintable vows included.

Well, It's good to see the veterans return! When you work out the total tally just edit the above post accordingly.

Just remember "accept any challenge" will not count as it cannot be physically represented on a mini (nor is it meant to). ;) 

I, Heavens Henchman, answer the call of the E Tenebrae Lux and seek to return to the hallowed ranks of the Black Templars. I hereby vow to complete one Black Templars marshal w/ terminator armour, storm bolter and power sword for a points value of 125points on or before 15 August 2013. Success will bring honour and glory to the Black Templars, Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Disgrace till years end

Not much of a vow but every little bit helps and I figured best to vow something I'm sure I can complete!

Archived