+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Here we go...

I Razblood answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 x Tactical Squad with Vet. Sgt, Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher with Flakk, Power Sword, Plasma Pistol & Razorback with Hunter Killer Missile from Codex Dark Angels of a total value of 285 points on or before August 15th 2013. Success will bring eternal glory to Dark Angels Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end!

I'm starting out small as I don't have much to work with at the mo, first pics will be up soonish msn-wink.gif

Edit: Pics are up now.

Tactical Squad & Razorback - 285 points

med_gallery_39897_5762_785761.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_565714.jpg

Justice given Form

Ok so she's pretty much built, with the exception of the hatches and a bit of liquid Green Stuff to fill in some gaps. Hoping to get her primed tomorrow and then it's on to the somewhat daunting task of painting a large model Bleached Bone. Ugh.

I, Shiodome do hereby answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX. (Even though I don't know what it means and find 'Latin' both irritating and redundant)

and vow to complete two dreadnaughts and one ten man tactical squad from Codex Dark Angels, of total value of 415 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels Chapter, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Dreadnaught #1: 2x TL-Autocannons. - 120pts

Dreadnaught #2: 2 x TL-Autocannons. - 120pts

Tactical Squad: [sergeant - melta bomb, boltgun.]  [squad - Plasma gun, Plasma Cannon.] - 175pts

Picture to follow

Hoping to get her primed tomorrow and then it's on to the somewhat daunting task of painting a large model Bleached Bone. Ugh.

Army Painter Skeleton bone spray can whistlingW.gif

If I said I loved you right about now, would that still be weird?

Brotherly love? No it wouldn't.

I just wish someone had told me about the spray earlier but I got it in time for my Landraider smile.png

I, Shiodome do hereby answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX. (Even though I don't know what it means and find 'Latin' both irritating and redundant)

and vow to complete two dreadnaughts and one ten man tactical squad from Codex Dark Angels, of total value of 415 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels Chapter, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Dreadnaught #1: 2x TL-Autocannons. - 120pts

Dreadnaught #2: 2 x TL-Autocannons. - 120pts

Tactical Squad: [sergeant - melta bomb, boltgun.]  [squad - Plasma gun, Plasma Cannon.] - 175pts

Picture to follow

It means 'From Darkness, Light' I believe.

Elmo9141: Thanks so much mate, you're awesome.

Mine is here if it helps. I still need to get the weathering just right though!

Shake the can well and apply lightly and it should work out just right.

Elmo9141: Thanks so much mate, you're awesome.

You're very welcome Brother.

All this brotherly love... it's beautiful man, just beautiful sweat.gif

On another note, I know everyone is doing DA Chapter marines, but their successors (even DIY ones) are permitted, right? As long as they use Codex: Dark Angels?

[edit] The reason I ask is I was considering doing squads from different successor chapters.

All this brotherly love... it's beautiful man, just beautiful sweat.gif

On another note, I know everyone is doing DA Chapter marines, but their successors (even DIY ones) are permitted, right? As long as they use Codex: Dark Angels?

[edit] The reason I ask is I was considering doing squads from different successor chapters.

Don't worry, mine are all Guardians of the Covenant......remember, we're still all one big happy (secret) Legion at heart :D

I Flint&steel answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Deathwing squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value of 245 points (assault cannon, chainfist) on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels Chapter  and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

That should be doable, even for me :). Cheers all!

I, Bryan Blaire, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a single three-man Ravenwing Attack Squadron from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 100 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Unforgiven and the Stoneburners and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

This will be composed of a Sergeant with Melta Bombs, Plasma Gunner and Bolt Pistol bearer (comprised of the DV RW guys and a mod or two).

Before pics:

gallery_59244_8416_8489.jpg and sml_gallery_59244_8416_11762.jpg

Hope that sergeant isn't too far painted, seeing as the rest of him isn't even base-coated...

Completed pics to follow!

Cypher has been spotted in Antartica, I repeat Cypher has been spotted in Antartica. Confirmed by 12 different sources. All true sons of the Lion are urged to put down their paint brushes and go and investigate immediately.....

I Cod_lover [Cod] answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Sammael on Land Speeder, 200pts

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/sammy.jpg

A Ravenwing attack squadron, consisting of 6 bikers, 2 armed with melta guns, a Vet. Sergeant armed with power sword and melta bombs, an attack bike armed with multi-melta, 266pts

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/raven_1.jpg

from Codex Dark Angels of total value 466 pts, on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

This is Vow number 1, Ravenwing Support.

Cypher has been spotted in Antartica, I repeat Cypher has been spotted in Antartica. Confirmed by 12 different sources. All true sons of the Lion are urged to put down their paint brushes and go and investigate immediately.....

Nice try Codex boy :P

Nice try Codex boy tongue.png

He forgets that Antarctica is the natural habitat of emperor penguins. Such Emperor fearing animals would never let one of the Fallen set foot there biggrin.png !

On topic, before I make my first ever vow I was wondering if the preliminary painting (black priming and a bit of painting) I did on this guy would disqualify me from using my 3 ravenwing bikers.

http://i.imgur.com/rHLv0xu.jpg

The other two aren't even primed so it would be a shame if I couldn't use them.

Very well, I'm biting the bullet...

I, disruptor_fe404, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Deathwing Terminator Squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 245 points, on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to my brothers, the Dark Angels, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame in their stead until the year-end.

For clarity, that's:

Deathwing Terminator Sergeant: storm bolter and power sword.

2 Deathwing Terminators: pair of lightning claws.

Deathwing Terminator: thunder hammer and storm shield.

Deathwing Terminator: assault cannon and powerfist.

There, it is done. My Vow has been recorded...

18/05/13: Before pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/40K%20WiPs/ETLII_Vow101.jpg

Quick question in regards to the counts as ruling. Can I use Balthazar the company master from DV as Azreal? He has everything the same except for the watcher in the dark, and my modeling style hates bare heads so it fits with the whole army I have so far.

I may regret this, but...

I, plasmaspam, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following units from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 1000 points, on or before August 15th 2013. 

• Sammael on Corvex
  • Ravenwing Attack Squadron #1 (3 Bikes; Sgt Melta Bombs; 2x Flamer; Attack Bike w. Hvy Bolter)
  • Ravenwing Attack Squadron #2 (3 Bikes; Sgt Melta Bombs; 2x Plasma Gun; Attack Bike w. Hvy Bolter)
  • Ravenwing Attack Squadron #3 (3 Bikes; Sgt Melta Bombs; 2x Plasma Gun; Attack Bike w. Hvy Bolter)
  • Ravenwing Attack Squadron #4 (3 Bikes; Sgt Melta Bombs; 2x Plasma Gun; Attack Bike w. Hvy Bolter)
  • Ravenwing Attack Squadron #4 (3 Bikes; Sgt Melta Bombs; 2x Melta Gun; Attack Bike w. Multi-melta)
  • Ravenwing Support Squadron #1 (2 Land Speeders; 2x Multi-melta; 2x Assault Cannon)

Success will bring eternal glory to the First Chapter of the Dark Angels Legion, whilst failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end!

Link to WIP thread - http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275874-plasmaspams-etl2-wip-thread/?p=3377914

*Edit 07/07/13 - RAS #4 load-out changed with the consent of Cpt Semper*

It's my turn to paint something from my backlog...

I Brother Bethor answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 4 units from Dark Angels codex of total value 1056 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the First Legion, True Sons of the Lion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Breakdown of my vow:

1. Deathwing Terminator Squad:

• 10 models
  • 2 x Assault cannon
  • 3 x chainfist
  • 495 pts

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brother_bethor/Bolter%20and%20Chainsword/Deathwing_zps42cbe49d.jpg

2. Ravenwing Attack Squadron:

• 6 bikers
  • sergeant with combi-plasma & melta bombs
  • 2 x plasma gun
  • Land Speeder Typhoon pattern (heavy bolter)
  • 281 pts

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brother_bethor/Bolter%20and%20Chainsword/RAS_zps740eff37.jpg

3. Nephilim Jetfighter

• twin-linked lascannon, twin-linked heavy bolter, Blacksword missiles
  • 180 pts

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brother_bethor/Bolter%20and%20Chainsword/Nephilim_zps6977d549.jpg

4. Dark Angels Aegis Defence Line

• Quad-gun
  • 100 pts

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brother_bethor/Bolter%20and%20Chainsword/Aegis_zpsaffd8ee3.jpg

TOTAL: 1056 pts

Link to my wip thread

I Brother Tenshi answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus (125pts.) and a 5 man Deathwing Unit with 3 TH/SS, 2 pairs of Lightning Claws and a Cyclone Missile Launcher (260pts.) from the Codex Dark Angels of total value 385pts. on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Unforgiven, failure is not an option.

My before picture.

Archived