+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

I, OliverRaffle, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete:

• Belial - 190 points
  • 5 man Deathwing Knights squad with a Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven - 245 points
  • Land Raider Crusader as transport for the Knights including a Multi Melta, Hunter Killer Missile and Deathwing Vehicle Upgrade - 300 points
  • A Ravenwing Support Squadron consisting of a Land Speeder with Multi Melta - 70 points
  • 6 man Ravenwing Black Knights squadron with Melta Bombs and a Power Weapon - 269 points
  • A drop pod for my Venerable Dreadnought with Deathwind Missile Launcher - 50 points
  • Land Speeder Vengeance with Assault Cannon - 140 points

from Codex: Dark Angels of a total value of 1264 points on or before August 15th.  Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

WIP post is here.  Please let me know if the Belial is too far along to include.

The shame assosiated with having to paint one of your SCs more than makes up of the rank 'n file of the Sword Brethern and such... Besides I'm broke! biggrin.png

And Oliver? You're in - good luck mate!

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

<Huge nervous gulp>

I Skittle, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one 5 man Veteran Squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 165 points, on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end...

Could someone please verify my points and legality? The Sergeant is armed with power sword and bolt pistol, #1 will have power fist and bolt pistol, #2 will have a plasma gun, #3 will have storm bolter and combat shield and #4 will have a bolter. I think I worked it out right... Will post WIP when I get my camera back... :D

Skittle you're in - let me know if there is a difference with the pts...

@ Red_Knight23: You're in too man! Good luck! :tu:

So far we have 41 entries. That is second only to the Codex faction (they have 42). This to me seems a very good position to be in. Keep it up brothers - For the Glory of the First.

And for those insolent BTs, they'd better start painting because it's going to be a sad journey for them.

as I sit here and ponder my future vows, I am struck with the thought that I don't have any terminators with Heavy Flamers.  Can I paint heavy flamers "counts as" storm-bolters for the purposes of squad composition?  Want to try to work this one in.

Best,

Paul

@ Paul : Yes...To me it seems that 1) a h. flamer involves more work and 2) is worth more points than the SB. So if you're willing to forgo both - that's fine with me.

I wouldn't allow the other way around though...msn-wink.gif

@ Master Avoghai: Well done sir! The military machine of the First is on the move! I'm updating the table with your completion!

I recommend Coat D'Arms Angel Green for Brother Darklight, a couple of pots should do it ;)

I'm currently assessing what I have and what I'll be able to get over the next couple of months before I make my second vow, but It will definitely be made before the 15th June :tu:

I, Master Avoghai answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Master with combi weapon, shroud pf heroes and hunter killet of Caliban + a devastator squad with MM vet sgt with combi melta from Codex Dark Angels V6.0 for a total value of 395 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring Glory to the my Chapter and the Dark Angel Legion and failure will force upon me the Badge of Shame until the end of the year

And of course the traditional pic

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Dark%20angels/ED81F69A-7769-4402-98CE-F955A9D2F7D3-21984-00001B356E4A9322.jpg

Done!

"I Jeremy1391 answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Belial (190), terminator librarian with foe smiter (115) terminator command squad with th/SS chain fist, heavy flamer and apothecary, deathwing terminator squad with assault cannon and chain fist (245) worth a total of 820 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Consecrators Chapter (DA Successor) and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end...."

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/D17DBBE0-8471-49D7-8592-F8878349BBDD-5343-000007CF99923C6C_zpsd845b549.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/C4F85772-5ECB-4C03-9733-D9F63973CFD3-5343-000007CFA185F46A_zps720f68f6.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/31BCC83A-53ED-4C39-AB96-FA18F01757FB-5343-000007CFA9529537_zpsb87224cc.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/93F4745B-0408-4814-9484-48A0CF259E28-5343-000007CFB42AF711_zps9790ca6b.jpg

820 points completed, vow 2 completed, hope to have vow 3 up tomorrow! This is really motivating me to get my butt in gear to finish painting and building my consecrators!

@ Master Avoghai: Your zeal in noted brother! :D

@ Jeremy: Your Consecrators rule! Brown for the Apothecary, an interesting break from the standard. Look forward for your next vow.

I, Ancient Cerroneth, Venerable Dreadnought of Painting, return to the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and for a make a second vow to complete.

Ravenwing command squad with 2 additional Black Knights, the Ravenwing Company Banner, an Apothecary, and a Ravenwing Champion for 250 points.

gallery_68827_7850_260926.jpg

Vow finished.

gallery_68827_7850_352610.jpg

Only Lord Grimaldus, Semper? Hmm. The Hero of Helsreach, as impressive as he is, is but one Marine. I vowed an entire detachment! Sounds to me like your confidence in your Battle Brothers isn't very solid. msn-wink.gif

The shame assosiated with having to paint one of your SCs more than makes up of the rank 'n file of the Sword Brethern and such... Besides I'm broke! biggrin.png

Brother Darklight, always remember that when you talk to a Dark Angel, you talk to all the successor chapters too......I join Captain Semper in vowing to paint a Marshal of the Crusade, should the Dark Angels not emerge victorious over our respected brothers the Templars.....For the Lion! For the 1st Legion! (sshhhhhh, no-ones supposed to know about that!) ;)

(It'll probably be one of the Scibor Templar Knights as I recently painted a Lion Knight as my counts-as Belial, and its awesome!)

I'm with facmanpob on this one - should hell freeze over and the First are actually beaten by Dorn's flagellants, I too will serve penance by painting a Templar.

I have a metal Emperor's Champ lying around somewhere, and in honour of their imminent absorption into Codex Smurfs, he will be painted in the heraldry of their true Spiritual Liege!

@ Razblood: Well, the 1st is mobilizing... Nothing can stop us now! Well done mate, look forward for your follow up vow.

@ Rindaris: Your vow is in! Good luck - and who knows? you may even make a follow-up. smile.png

I can hope so. I started a WiP thread that I hope to have pics in this weekend.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275956-etl-ii-for-the-ebon-dawn-wip-thread/

Brothers,

I've been a bit quiet however I have not been idle such as the traitorous fallen are prone to be. I have completed so far:

Belial w/ TH/SS = 190 pts

Int Chappy TDA = 140 pts

Int Chappy w/JP & Plasma Pistol = 140 pts

6 Man Assault Squad w/ PF & 2 Plasma Pistols = 174 pts

Pictures to follow tomorrow.

Let the Heretics fall before us like wheat to scythes! For the Lion and The Emperor!

DoC Sgt

Only Lord Grimaldus, Semper? Hmm.  The Hero of Helsreach, as impressive as he is, is but one Marine.  I vowed an entire detachment!  Sounds to me like your confidence in your Battle Brothers isn't very solid.  ;)

The shame assosiated with having to paint one of your SCs more than makes up of the rank 'n file of the Sword Brethern and such... Besides I'm broke! :D

Brother Darklight, always remember that when you talk to a Dark Angel, you talk to all the successor chapters too......I join Captain Semper in vowing to paint a Marshal of the Crusade, should the Dark Angels not emerge victorious over our respected brothers the Templars.....For the Lion! For the 1st Legion! (sshhhhhh, no-ones supposed to know about that!) ;)

(It'll probably be one of the Scibor Templar Knights as I recently painted a Lion Knight as my counts-as Belial, and its awesome!)

In the event that the dark angels fail I will join Captain Semper in painting a 5 man crusader squad as penance as well!

I've got Captain Semper's back as well; If the first legion fails in this challenge - I'll paint an Emperor's Chump from the Codex: Black Chumplars as penance :D

Paul

@ Cerroneth: Your second vow is in - that's what I call commitment!

Quite a few penace vows I see... I may start to record them - it takes some thinking though.

Anyways, cross-forum challenges aside, how about some new vows for the DAs cause? C'mon brothers we MUST win this one - Two LPCs in a row and a second place in ETL I demand it! :D

Archived