+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

I wasn't able to do much last week, but I hope to change that this week.

Also, I'm  sure  we won't lose to the Black Templars, brothers. And if that were to happen I vow to paint 1000pts of Black Templars.

I Cod_lover [Cod] answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

A Deathwing Command squad, consisting of 1 Champion, 1 Apothecary, 1 Deathwing Company Banner Bearer armed with thunder hammer and storm shield, 1 DWT armed with a pair of lightning claws, 1 DWT armed with a plasma cannon and chainfist, 325pts

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/dw_cm.jpg

A Deathwing Knight unit, consisting of 4 Knights, 1 Knight Master, a Perfidious Relic, 245pts

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/dw_kn.jpg

A Deathwing Terminator squad, consisting of 1 Deathwing Sgt armed with power sword and storm bolter, 3 DWT's armed with powerfists and stormbolters, 1 DWT armed with an assault cannon and chainfist, 245pts

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/dw_1.jpg

A Deathwing Terminator squad, consisting of 1 Deathwing Sgt armed with power sword and storm bolter, 3 DWT's armed with chainfists and stormbolters, 1 DWT armed with a heavy flamer and powerfist, 245pts

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/dw_2.jpg

from Codex Dark Angels of total value 1060 pts, on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

This is Vow number 2, Deathwing Support.

Vow II - Complete!

Vow III:

I, pbenner, vow to paint, (3) Three Mortis Pattern Contemptor Dreadnoughts with Dual Las Cannons and Cyclone Missile Launchers, and a 10 man terminator squad as detailed below on or before Aug 15th, 2013.  Should I fail, I will do proper penance in Chamber 42 and wear the badge of shame until the Master of Recruits release me from punishment;

Sargeant w/Powersword and Stormbolter
Lightning Claws and Cyclone Missile Launcher
Lightning Claws and Cyclone Missile Launcher
Thunderhammer and Stormshield
Chainfist and Stormbolter

Total Point Value: 1185

Picture is in my thread at the above link.

Best,

Paul

Wow! some very impressive stuff here... Well done Paul - an impressive result and you're still going!

And Cod_lover, this seems like an army in one vow... I recall the days when vows north of 1,000pts were termed mega-vows! Well, it has lost its meaning now hasn't it? biggrin.png

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Ah, go on then, I'll go for it!

I Gillyfish answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

A five man Ravenwing bike squad, with two plasma guns, from Codex: Dark Angels, for 164pts

I need to check the points values, so I will update that in the next couple of days.

It seems that BT don't have the humility to make little vows... :D Explaining why they are at 0% and why we have so much points done. It may cause them serious troubles because seeing people fulfilling vows is motivating for the others.

We have the luck to recently have new codex and new models so I must admit this may have a role in our dedication.

2013 is DA year, we MUST lead

Deathwing Reserves in coming...

I, Syddraf, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete Master of the Deathwing Belial, a Librarian in Terminator Armour, a Interrogator-Chaplain in Terminator Armour with the Mace of Redemption, 1 Command Squad, 1 Deathwing Knight Squad, 4 Deathwing Terminator Squads, 2 Venerable Dreadnoughts, 1 Landraider Crusader and 1 Landraider Redeemer for a total of 2910 points on or before the 15th of August. Success will bring eternal glory to the First Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until years end.

Points Breakdown

Belial = 190 (Sword of Silence)

Librarian = 95 (Terminator Armour)

Interrogator-Chaplain = 170 (Terminator Armour, Mace of Redemption)

Command Squad = 320 ( Deathwing Command Standard, Deathwing Champion, Deathwing Apothecary, Plasma Cannon and chainfist)

Deathwing Knights = 245 (Perfidious Relic)

Deathwing Squad 1 = 245 (Assault Cannon, Lightning Claws, Thunder Hammer and Stormshield)

Deathwing Squad 2 = 245 (Heavy Flames, Thunder Hammer and Stormshield)

Deathwing Squad 3 = 245 (Cyclone Missile)

Deathwing Squad 4 = 260 (Cyclone , 3x Thunder Hammer and Stormshield)

Dreadnought 1 = 165 (Venerable, Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Extra Armour)

Dreadnought 2 = 145 (Venerable, Plasma Cannon, Missile Launcher)

Landraider Crusader = 295 (Deathwing Vehicle, Multi-melta, Stormbolter)

Landraider Redeemer = 290 (Deathwing Vehicle, Multi-melta, Stormbolter)

Total = 2910 points

WIP thread with pics

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/276256-syddrafs-e-tenebrae-lux-ii-wip-log/?p=3384140

i am here to inform that sadly i will have to abandon this event. i had a work accident last week and although not a serious one, my right index finger got pretty busted so i will not be painting anything for a couple months.

and i was the 2 bike models away from finishing my vow cry.gif

best of luck for the rest of you

for the Emperor and the Lion

i am here to inform that sadly i will have to abandon this event. i had a work accident last week and although not a serious one, my right index finger got pretty busted so i will not be painting anything for a couple months.

and i was the 2 bike models away from finishing my vow cry.gif

Dude,

The painting competition runs until AUGUST - It is end of may now, it will be end of July in 2 months, and you'll have 14 days to finish 2 bikes?

SUCK IT UP AND MARCH SOLDIER - NO ONE IS GIVING UP ON THEMSELVES ON MY WATCH!..

Also, wost case, take a corked wine bottle and use sticky tack to hold the models base on top of the bottle. You can't do fine detail, but you can base and get a good bit done, or paint off-handed.

We don't accept failure around here!

Paul

It seems that BT don't have the humility to make little vows... biggrin.png Explaining why they are at 0% and why we have so much points done. It may cause them serious troubles because seeing people fulfilling vows is motivating for the others.

We have the luck to recently have new codex and new models so I must admit this may have a role in our dedication.

2013 is DA year, we MUST lead

We'll do just fine with our Righteously Zealous vows. ;)

Watch yourself Dark Angels. Don't let yourselves be lulled into a false sense of security with your new Codex and your new models.

We Templars stormed on last year, we will do it again.

and i was the 2 bike models away from finishing my vow :cry:

Dude,

The painting competition runs until AUGUST -  It is end of may now, it will be end of July in 2 months, and you'll have 14 days to finish 2 bikes?  

SUCK IT UP AND MARCH SOLDIER - NO ONE IS GIVING UP ON THEMSELVES ON MY WATCH!..

Also, wost case, take a corked wine bottle and use sticky tack to hold the models base on top of the bottle.  You can't do fine detail, but you can base and get a good bit done, or paint off-handed.

We don't accept failure around here!

Paul

HOO-WAH!

@ syddraf: Wow - big vow there brother - a whole army in one go! I wish you luck!

@ Aradiel: Real life can be a pain at times! I wish you a quick and full recovery (must have been nasty)... So get well soon! yes.gif

@ GMB: Your penace vow is noted - and recorded! msn-wink.gif

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hey, I'm still pretty new here, do I state my vow here or make my own thread post?  I ask because It seems people are doing both.

Also, I already completed my first vow, but I have "before" and "after" pictures of the models if that helps.  Like I said I'm new and didn't know you where doing something like this.  If its too late for those models to count I have plenty more models to do anyways.

You're required to make the vow here, and provide your pictures either here, or link to another thread.

Most of us make threads to track our progress.  Some do WIP pictures, but for this it's not required.  Only beginning and ending pictures.  

If you make a different thread for pictures, link it in both the post with the vow, and the notation of completion in this thread.

Best,

Paul

I Brother Adper answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

5man Tactical Squad, and 5man Terminator Squad from Codex: Dark Angel for a total value of 355pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end!

Vow 1

5Man Terminator squad  (245pts) - Chain Fist, Assault Cannon

5Man Tactical Squad (110pts) - Vet. Sergeant, Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher

Total: 355pts

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r751/Stalle30/ETL/Vow1Start_zpsd9eb5944.jpg?t=1376529330

Company veterans came in the mail today. 

http://i.imgur.com/3alFM6b.jpg

Spent the next couple of hours assembling them. Will update my original pledge with this. Might even start an ETL progress thread just because having only gotten into the modeling side of things a month ago there's so much you guys can teach me :O.

Archived