+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Ultramarines Strategium+++

I've started on my Captain/Emperor's Champion. It's a very eary Finecast model (bought late June '11), so there's lots of excess resin to remove, and a lot of holes to fill. It's annoying, but makes for a good challenge.

But I should be able to get him ready to paint in a couple of weeks, and then I'll have three more weeks of summer holiday to paint. So if I focus, I should not have a problem getting finished in time.

Well done bj! The Codex faction is making a counter attack! Now the next weekly update is coming in the next 36hrs give or take. Will you guys be turning this into a Codex week? You're currently a bit shy of 6k pts - more than 1.5k ahead of the rest of your rivals - excluding the DAs. So best of luck to all! :)

Just Completed my first vow, heres a pic (which I've had to lighten on photoshop due to poor lighting)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/zeuspro/Website/finish1.jpg

More photos in my WIP http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275607-my-etl-ii-vow-wip/?p=3405431

Now to decide on my next vow. Ive got an Apokolypse game coming up so probably will be something for that.

I have one day to complete as much as I can before the Ultrameet as I won't have time to paint anything on Thursday and Friday.

I intend to try to paint:

the last half of a Devastator squad (Non ELT)
Finish the Ironclad, both Tactical squads
Assemble and paint (from scratch) the Assault squad.

I'll be going to sleep in a bit to try to get up at 6am to do this. I may be cranky for the rest of the week verymad.gif (which will be the problem of everyone I work with devil.gif )

However, assuming that I complete this task, it does mean that I only have the mounted Chaplain to do, which will have to wait for a while as I still need to get a suitable head and the one I was going for both bitz suppliers I use have run out of sad.png In any case, it's something that won't stop me from getting the rest of him done before the end of the month, so that I can get Vow 3 started.

I'll be posting progress up in my Rainbow Warriors topic as I have it.

@ Blu, GC08 & Zeuspro - good work guys. Awesome to see some completed vows. I think this time last year we had nothing completed and were in a really bad state, but this year we've improved dramatically. Will any of you be doing anymore vows? Single model character vows are a good way to do more without having to paint too much *hint hint* :p).

@ Anaziel  - you and me both. Blending an entire squads worth of white helmets put me off and i'm really struggling to get motivated to do the big painting sessions I need to make serious progress. I keep chipping away at it though, doing a bit here and there. The way I figure it, as long as I keep going i'll get to the stage where they look close to completion and that'll spur me on for one last push. As long as I can get finished before August, i've got time for four more vows (hurray for 1 character model vows!).

@ Aqui - good luck with that mate. I'll look forward to seeing what your thrid vow brings. What head do you need for your Chaplain?

Now if you gents will excuse me, I need to go put some more paint on models.

I figured on using a head from the Warhammer Fantasy undead range, but it's too small :lol:  I was going to use a "bunny ears" Berzerker one, but both bitz sites I use are out at the moment.  I'll give them a week or two, or I'll find something else.  My third vow will consist of the Librarian I've kitbashed and am going to strip the banner bearer I had already done (his armour is now the wrong shade of blue) and start again with the command squad I bought some time ago.  I was going to submit the Storm Talon I've mostly assembled and undercoated, but I don't have the Death from above rules, so I'll have to find out the points cost.

Yeah, ive got the origional masters of the chapter from when 1st edition apocolypse came out. that with an ipcoming game means they will probably be my next vow. a double win really as i need them done and 4 captians is a far few points.

THE ULTRAMARINES ARE COMING!!!!!!!!

Fantastic work over here. Its really good to see you guys kicking arse!! Its inspired me certainly. Wont be able to finish my 825pts for this Wednesday, But I am going to vow to have it done by Wednesday the 10th of July, in honour of you Ultramarines. Just got a tac squad and razorback to do.

Calgar would be proud of you all!

when does the ETL vows have to be completed, i was thinking about painting some minis for my son (whos been bugging me for weeks now).. might do them howling griffons.. they are a UM successor and as such count towards our vows do they not?

might make an interesting second vow

edit: i also might repaint my two thunderfires :)

@ Zeuspro: congratulations - a worthy addition to the UM and the Codex cause! I look forward for your follow-up vow!

@ gc08: The ETL vows need to be completed by August 15th. Of course you can paint Howling Griffons - you can paint any force that is "priced" from the C:SMs. You vow will count for the UMs forum (because that's the one you first chose to commit to) and ultimately for the Codex faction. So I look forward to that. Just remember: you cannot make another vow before you declare your fist vow complete! ;)

I figured on using a head from the Warhammer Fantasy undead range, but it's too small laugh.png I was going to use a "bunny ears" Berzerker one, but both bitz sites I use are out at the moment. I'll give them a week or two, or I'll find something else. My third vow will consist of the Librarian I've kitbashed and am going to strip the banner bearer I had already done (his armour is now the wrong shade of blue) and start again with the command squad I bought some time ago. I was going to submit the Storm Talon I've mostly assembled and undercoated, but I don't have the Death from above rules, so I'll have to find out the points cost.

Replied to your lack of Bezerker head in IA. With regards to the Storm Talon, I have Death from the Skies so just PM me if you need points values.

Good stuff guys.

I have an idea I wanted to share with you all. If ten of you got together and each chose a company (no repeats) and vowed said company... Why, you'd have the entire chapter!!!! I'm almost certain that Gulliman himself would wake up and return to glory at the sight of it all!!!

Archived