+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Chaos Legios Strategium+++

Way to go Cynder Ash! Your status is updated! Those raptors look very promising! Good luck!

@ everyone who has offiically submitted a vow: You can now wear the Oath of Moment that can be found in p.1 if you so wish. :D

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

ACK. Sorry my lack of updates. I've made some progress, but for now here's the before photos.

ETL II vow 1

ETL II vow 2

ETL II vow 3

Chaos Lord and most of the Terminators are done. Pics this weekend.

I finished up the models for my first vow!

Plague Marines:

gallery_14236_8386_83560.jpg

Nurgle Lord on Bike:

med_gallery_14236_8386_563330.jpg

And with that, I make my second vow:

In the name of Nurgle, I PipX answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a squad of seven Nurgle Havocs, a seven strong Plague Marine squad from Codex Chaos Space Marines and an Aegis Defense Line with Quad Gun of total value 480 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Knights of Corrosion and the legions of Nurgle and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end!

Well done PipX! Your status is updared!

Now my Lost and Damned friends, you're doing very well indeed! You have already 8 second vows and one third! That means that you're utilizing your resources pretty well! However the recruitment period is still on, so take advantage to bolster your numbers and set the 14th Black Crusade to motion! :D

I'm afraid no allies. The ETL pit Codex vs. Codex - so you need to adhere to your chosen Codex entries. If you take a unit from the IG Codex then you play for the IG even if you model it to be traitor Guard. This is the extract from the Rules FAQs:

Q: What about allies? 40k rules now allow them.
A: But not ETL rules... This event is about faction loyalty and sticking with your faction to the bitter end. In other words, if it’s not in the Codex, it’s not ETL-legal.

Since you have already taken the Chaos stance, you cannot use IG allies - nor change sides.... You can however (and this is unique to the Chaos faction) use two Codices: C:CSMs and C: Demons! So although no traitor guard for you you can get Greater Demons, Demon Princes and all sort of demonic units! smile.png

I Sith'ari answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Helbrute, 5 Bikers (with 2 plasma guns, Mark of Khorne & Champ with power axe) and a squad of 9 Marines (flamer, Champ with power sword) with a Rhino from Codex: Chaos Space Marines to a total value of 457pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Sounds like just what I need to get my painting mojo on! smile.png

Welcome to the ETL Sith'ari - your vow is in! Good luck! :)

Now a week to the deadline! Will more Chaos Lords heed the call and join the ETL II Black Crusade? You're doing well - but the level of participants is what will give you the edge in the long run! Remeber after June 15th no new entrans will be allowed in!

I'm afraid no allies. The ETL pit Codex vs. Codex - so you need to adhere to your chosen Codex entries. If you take a unit from the IG Codex then you play for the IG even if you model it to be traitor Guard. This is the extract from the Rules FAQs:

A: But not ETL rules... This event is about faction loyalty and sticking with your faction to the bitter end. In other words, if it’s not in the Codex, it’s not ETL-legal.

Since you have already taken the Chaos stance, you cannot use IG allies - nor change sides.... You can however (and this is unique to the Chaos faction) use two Codices: C:CSMs and C: Demons! So although no traitor guard for you you can get Greater Demons, Demon Princes and all sort of demonic units! smile.png

Ah, I totally missed that when looking through the rules. Sorry to have bothered you!

I'll just keep my traitor guard on the backburner then -and after all I have more than enough Marines and Daemons to keep me occupied well into August :)

Welcome to the ETL Sith'ari - your vow is in! Good luck! smile.png

Now a week to the deadline! Will more Chaos Lords heed the call and join the ETL II Black Crusade? You're doing well - but the level of participants is what will give you the edge in the long run! Remeber after June 15th no new entrans will be allowed in!

A week I thought it ran to the 15th August? :( Wont have time to enter then

you are allowed to enter until the 15th of June. You must complete your vow by the 15th of august. you may however add additional vows once you have entered.

So if you enter now, you still have time until august to complete your entry ;)

Odsox your new vow is in - good luck mate!

WAIT WHAT eek.gif

*panics* Ineverofficiallymadethatvowyoucan'tmakemedothatvowyoucan'tproveanything!!

*breathes* Seriously though, I didn't make that vow official yet because my missus is visiting so I won't be able to do anything hobby-related for the next full week. I want to try and cram as many points into my second vow as possible though. I'll update here when I decide exactly what I'm gonna do.

Sorry for the confusion, Cap!

Od.

@ DominikB: The event runs until August 15th. However in order to take part you must sublit your first vow by June 15th. After that the doors close to new entrants so whoever wants to participate must declarwe his/her first vow by June 15th. If you finish early you may, if you fill like it, vow again and again up to five times in total (including the first).

@ Odsox: hahahaha!!! My bad! I meant Orwasitme not Odsox! biggrin.png As you can see the list does not include you for a second vow... laugh.png (and no, I did not edit it just now)! hahahaha....

EDIT: Wait a minute... what vow? ph34r.png

In the name of the dark gods, I WarlordEXE answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a dark lord of chaos and his chosen from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 255 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Word Bearers and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Chaos Lord with power sword and plasma pistol

5x Chosen: 2x normal dudes, one with twin lightning claws, one with power fist, and champion with power maul

Total Points: 255

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x466/WarlordEXE/DSCN1100.jpg

Also, is there some where I can post a pics of some converted obliterators and Huron Blackheart to make sure they count as conversion and not "scratch-builts".

Wish me luck. I don't want to be turned into an ultramarine ><

@ WarlordEXE: Good luck with your vow! As regards your conversion by all means you can post here or in your WIP thread if you got one. As regards you turning into an UM, I can't see this happening any time soon. :D

Now Chaos team, you got 39 participants so far, the same as BTs - but with more completions (so far)! Keep it up - competition is getting steep!

@ DominikB: The event runs until August 15th. However in order to take part you must sublit your first vow by June 15th. After that the doors close to new entrants so whoever wants to participate must declarwe his/her first vow by June 15th. If you finish early you may, if you fill like it, vow again and again up to five times in total (including the first).

@ Odsox: hahahaha!!! My bad! I meant Orwasitme not Odsox! biggrin.png As you can see the list does not include you for a second vow... laugh.png (and no, I did not edit it just now)! hahahaha....

EDIT: Wait a minute... what vow? ph34r.png

LOL I had noticed this too, but yeah I had double checked the list in the front and it had my vow in my spot. I was paying attention XD

Ah, I totally missed that when looking through the rules. Sorry to have bothered you!

I'll just keep my traitor guard on the backburner then -and after all I have more than enough Marines and Daemons to keep me occupied well into August smile.png

You could probably paint them and just call them Chaos Cultists - but I'm not sure.

Nice job guys, i have finally moved and unpacked all of my stuff. I shall start painting today.

Also.... I have a forgeworld great unclean one in the mail... its going to be epic. unfortunately itll only be costed as a cheap C:D one but ho hum.

edit: oh dear lord. these bloodletters are killing me. its taken me an hour to base coat half of them!

PENACE VOWS:

Andhil [bT forum]: If the Black Templars finish behind the Chaos Space Marine subforum at the END of the Challenge, I, Andhil, will buy, and paint 10 Chaos Space Marines in the colours of the Scions of Perturabo, the Iron Warriors before the year ends

That's pretty extreme. Converting from the sons of dorn to the iron borne. Kind of torn both ways though. Templars were my first army so beating them would feel a tad bitter sweet. I feel slanesh at work!....and its a good feeling.

Archived