+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Chaos Legios Strategium+++

So having spoken with Captain Semper it seems my course is clear...

In the name of the Tyrant, Blood Reaver and before the Pantheon, I Preacher No'ki answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete: 10 Chaos Cultists (with auto rifles 1 heavy stubber, champion with shotgun), 1 Hellbrute with Reaper Autocannon and a Sorcerer from Codex Chaos Space Marines to the total value of 227pts on or before August 31st. Success will bring eternal glory to  Red Corsairs and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Take what you can, give nothing back!

Heres the link to my initial post

Now my arm is now mostly functional again and I have some built up hobby tension to work out...

In the name of the Night Haunter, and the VIII Legion, I Punk Possum answer the call of  E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Landraider with combi bolters and Dirge caster 10 CSM's with 1 plasma gun and 1 Hvy bolter, 5 Raptors with 1 melta gun 1 power sword and 1 plasma pistol and 5 Havocs with 2 auto cannons and 2 missile launchers to the total value of 665pts on or before August 31st. Success will bring eternal glory to the 21st cohort of the Night Lords and failure will doom me to bear the badge of shame until year end.

this is the pile of bits that will turn into the above vow.

ETL VOW stage 1

Welcome Punk Possum and good luck on your vow!

I have to say that Chaos has an impressive presence this year. Keep pushing until Saturday - the more Chaos Lords under your banner the better!!!

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Vaesive, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following models from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 410 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

• Khornate Forgefiend with an Ectoplasma Cannon - 200pts
  • Nurgle Hellbrute - 105pts
  • Khornate Hellbrute - 105pts

For the glory of Chaos, let the Galaxy BURN! Death to the False Emperor!

I, The Or, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a squad of five terminators equipped with a chainfist, powerfist, heavy flamer and two combi-meltas, from Codex Chaos Space Marines to a total value of 202 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to Lorgar and  Chaos Undivided, failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end and an eternity in the Basilica of Torment.

Before picture. All five terminators have been converted using deathwing knight robes for that extra monastic feeling (Imperial insignia removed of course).

bild

Quick clarification on the rules:

The rules state that a vow has to be in before the 15th. Now, does this mean the first vow or all vows you plan to make? Say I complete my vow sooner than expected and want to make another but it's after the deadline, can I still make a new one as long as my first vow is complete?

It's taking me a lot longer to get the models for my second vow, but I'm almost ready to make it. That deadline was only for new entrants, right? Do I have to worry about not getting my next vow in time? I had to special order a Herald of Slaanesh, and I'm getting ten more daemonettes next week, so hopefully I'll be able to make this vow by the 21st of June. I just don't want to miss out on this vow, as it will be a bit bigger than my first one. It'll also have my favorite HQ, the Chaos Lord on a bike.

@ The Or and Vaesive: welcome guys, your vows are in. I will update the list tomorrow...

@ Phytoon: the only deadline you need to worry about is August 15th. So no stress... June 15th is the deadline for declaring participation by submitting your first vow!

@ The Or and Vaesive: welcome guys, your vows are in. I will update the list tomorrow...

@ Phytoon: the only deadline you need to worry about is August 15th. So no stress... June 15th is the deadline for declaring participation by submitting your first vow!

Nice! Once my first vow is complete, I hope to be able to make more!

Bring on the Emperor's lap dogs! They fall prey before the might of Legion!

And it seems I missed your question altogether.. I'm getting sleepy (and old). :) You got it right though. But keep in mind two things: you cannot make a new vow before you declare your previous one complete, and if you fail to complete a vow by Aug 15 then all your previous vows will count for nothing. So think carefully before you raise the stakes.

Captain Semper, I am close to finish my first vow but I have a question for the second. I have two models (an obliterator and Warp talon) who are based and have metal trims on ONE LEG. Does it count as early stage of painting and may they be a valid entry for ETL?

Excellent, thanks for clarifying that. My next vow is going to be 2 squads of 'nettes, a herald, and a biker lord. Though, like I said, I'm waiting until I can actually acquire the last of the models before I declare anything. I have no idea how long the herald can take to arrive, so I might end up just doing the 'nettes and lord if it ends up taking too long.

I have some bad news :( Lucius fell on the floor and was subsequently flattened by my mom and is ruined :( 

Is there any chance I can replace him in my vow with something else of equal value (or more) but Ill just take the 165 points max?

@ DominikB: No worries, such things happen... Ideally I'd like you to substitute it with an item of equal points. However a few points up or down will not be a problem. Let me know! ;)

@ Chaeron: Congrats on your completion! Those are some sweet decayed marines! hahahaha!!!! And yes, the Dark Gods now expect a mega vow from you! :D

I, Uprising, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a total of 14 Death Guard Plague Marines with 1 rhino (including 2 Aspiring Champion and 4 Plasma Guns, VOTLW, 2 Banners), 5 Havocs (4 Autocannon, MON, votlw) from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 600 Points on or before August 15th. Success will bringdecaying death to the loyalist dogs and glory for Nurgle and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame and to rot silently like the corpse emperor until the year-end.

Thank you! Was purely an honest oversight - and I realised this when tallying up what my potential next vow will be...

I'm thinking I may pledge the following:

Abbadon - 265pts

Khârn - 160pts
Typhus - 230pts
Nurgle Daemon Prince with Power Armour and the Mark of Nurgle and the Black
Mace - 225pts
8 Khorne Bezerkers with Chainaxes- 186pts
8 Khorne Bezerkers including one with a Plasma Pistol- 201pts
Ten cultists with Autoguns and a Heavy Stubber - 65pts
Ten Cultists with a Heavy Flamer I 55pts
7 Plague Marines with Plasma Gun and Champ with Lightning Claw - 198pts
Three Chaos Rhinos - 105pts
9 Bikers with a Meltagun and Flamer and Aspiring Champion with a Power Weapon -
220pts
Land Raider - 230pts
Defiler with Havoc Launcher - 200pts
Three Obliterators - 210pts
6 Chosen with Lightning Claws, Power Fist and two Power Weapons - 193pts
Chaos Lord with Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon - 95pts
Two Helbrutes - one with Plasma Cannon - 210pts
7 Plague Marines with Plasma Gun, Meltagun and Champ with Lightning Claw -
208pts
7 Plague Marines with two Flamers and a Power Sword - 193pts
7 Plague Marines with two Flamers and a Power Sword - 193pts
7 Plague Marines with Power Sword - 183pts
7 Plague Marines with Power Sword - 183pts
7 Plague Marines - 168pts

But, it won't be as big as Steve's :lol: I could potentially add another Land Raider, several more Chaos Lords, another two Daemon Princes, about six more bikes, another couple of PM squads... the Deathshroud also, but that's only the stuff I have undercoated or prepared listed... - and I'm concerned I wouldn't finish it all in time!

Going to have to have a think...

Archived