+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Chaos Legios Strategium+++

Aha! a completion at last! And what a compeltion this was... Fantastic work kizzdougs - a truly outstanding Deamon Prince there! Just to point out that the link you provided returns you to this page - not your WIP thread... But I guess that's fine as the link is in your sig! ;)

Outstanding work mate...

Here is my vow basecoated:

http://shrani.si/f/3W/D8/2YDfmqAC/etl-2013-vow-chaos-space.jpg

I plan to apply the base colors this week and when the exams are over do the layering and the bases. 

*edit: got pics now. Here's my first vow completed for 255 pts

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x466/WarlordEXE/vow1-complete.jpg

Close ups available in my plog

And now for vow number 2:

In the name of the dark gods, I WarlordEXE answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Demon Prince (wings, power armor, close combat weapon), who schemed such plots that whole planet systems were converted to the true faith that he was granted immortality by tzeentch himself, and a retinue of obliterators, tasked with raining feculent glory upon the enemies of Father Nurgle, from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 415 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Word Bearers and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x466/WarlordEXE/vow2-1.jpg

@ TJWyrm: Yummy!!! Nothing more appetizing than those FW bags filled with goodies... (and yes, I'm on a resin diet :D)

@ WarlordEXE: Congratulations on your completion! When you get the pics please edit them in your post above since I already linked it to the frst page list. ;)

Capt. Semper, I have to admit that those aren't FW resin-crack (though the baggies might be old FW ones, now tht I think about it.). I'm using trimmed CSM torsos and backpacks, plus assorted bolters, but most of the model will be from Avatars of War, their Warriors of Apoclypse with weapon and shield. I like them better than the GW Chaos Warriors, so I used them to give my twisted veterans an archaic look.

I'm impressed with the quality, very detailed with minimal flash or mold lines, but apparently they had problems making a profit with it, so they're changing to plastic version. I've had these guys for over a year a while .... whistlingW.gif but i may need to grab some of the remaining kits (though they only have the halberds left, of the origional 3 styles) for future stuff.

@ PipX: Congratulation on your completion! Really like the rusty defence line... and the paint scheme on those marines? Crrrazy! hahahaha!!! Well done mate! :tu:

Now Chaos has been lagging as of late! I hope you guys pick up momentum soon, of the Emperor's lapdogs will just walk all over you... You need some more first vows completions, and remember, we're past the mid-point of the event! So let's see a strong Week 8 to put some distance between you and the weaklings that dare defy the Dark Gods! :devil:

I put my 4th of July day off to good uses yesterday and finished painting Khârn and Hugh's Havocs! This completes my first vow. You may notice there are a few extra models, 1 extra berserker with chain axe and 4 extra havocs. That's because I'm salvaging this Warband out of used models and managed to save a few more models than I'd first thought I'd be able to. Yay!

gallery_65424_8497_166923.jpg

I plan on adding a few more models to my Berserkers of Skallathrax, and will probably make a 2nd vow shortly.

I'm thinking they need a Land Raider, two Daemon Princes, and a couple Spawn. I don't think I can get all that done before August 15th though so I'll have to decide which ones to vow. I'll get some new pictures of them up soon.

Now, let's hear it for Captain Semper!

thanks.gif for hosting this even, Captain, I enjoy participating and appreciate your efforts.

Hear hear! Cheers for all your efforts Cap'n! thanks.gif

Some lovely looking vow completions coming in, great work guys! I'm about halfway through my first vow, despite painting for an hour nearly everyday - obviously I need to paint harder!

How's everyone else doing? Lets bam it up a notch & show these loyalist dogs how its done! devil.gif

Ink Layers on the last 2 Spawn and then I will have completed my second vow! Just stuck with tests coming in the next three weeks. And then on holiday. I may be able to do a small third vow. Would love to do more...

And a thanks from me aswell Captain! Been a pleasure so far, just like last year ;)

You guys.. :blush: Thanks everybody, it's a pleasure to run this event and see this fantastic community at work! :tu: Best thing is, we still have more than a month to go! ;)

@ Creeger: As usual your work is top notch! I know a certain bloodthirsty God who will be very happy now! I look forward for your second vow!

@ All traitors and lost souls: Good to see some activity here, there was silence from the Eye for too far long - this is not like you guys... TIME TO COUNTER ATTACK!!! :devil:

I just finished the first of my five Terminators. Now that the first model is done, the rest should be completed fairly soon. And since my Plague Marines are also already completed I might have some time for a second vow containing 2 or 3 characters that I have waiting with a whole bunch of unpainted miniatures :)

I'm Pushing on with my Vow 5 Havocs done, 5 Raptors done, 1 land raider done and 8 out of 10 CSMs done. I hope to have the last two complete by the end of the weekend. Then on to another vow, mind you I've no idea what that's going to be yet... Link to My WIP below

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/272895-xxi-cohort-of-the-viii-night-lords-legion/page-2

As has been said above Thank you to the good Captain Semper this has given me a real motivation and is proving to be genuine fun harnessing my competitive streak.thanks.gif

(and Captain you may be glad to know that yes I have invested in box of Tactical marines and a box of Dark angel vets in preparation for now seemingly inevitable penance vow, but no caliban green I'm thinking Angels of absolution or consecrators).

But I'm not giving in yet I still hope to be able to give the kits to my son as a birthday present and then force him to paint them himself.

I'm going to go ahead and declare a third vow, even though I am a terribly slow painter I think I can squeeze at least one more in:

In the name of Nurgle, I PipX answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a squad of six Nurgle Bikers and a Typhus counts-as from Codex Chaos Space Marines of total value 436 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Knights of Corrosion and the legions of Nurgle and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end!

OK, seems the Traitors are mobilizing again - that's great! I really would like to some differentiation in rankings come next weekly update (next Wednesday)... As it stands now, BTs, BAs, SWs and Chaos are all between 4-5k with Chaos actually a bit over. But it's all very close. The trick is for as many of our warped friends to complete their first vow!

@ Punk Possum: Good to see you have everything under control. Remember, the next update comes on Wednesday so the more done by then the better! :) Also if you're going down the Unforgiven way (post ETL - because for now you're bound to the Eye) I have to say go for Consecrators! (take a look in my sig ;))

@ PipX: You sir are a credit to the Lord of Decay! The Knights of Corrosion are surely at the forefront of the fight - and with three vows no less... I just want to see you delivering - because failure will mean that your previous completions will be nullified and I don;t want to see that!

I really want to see Chaos doing well this year guys, but you'll need an above average completion rate to secure that. So complete your first vows and let the bravest among you take additional vows. I'm confident that the Emperor's lapdogs will crumble before the irresistable force of Chaos!

I, Creeger, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following from Codex Chaos Space Marines, with a total value of 215 points, on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Violators Berserkers of Skallathrx and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

• Daemon Prince of Khorne, (1) with Murder Sword & Power Armor - 215 points

The Violators Berserkers of Skallathrx, FOR KHORNE!!

I, Thymebandit , answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX (a little late) and vow to complete the following from Codex Chaos Space Marines, with a total value of 1,537 points, on or before August 15th. Success will bring power overwhelming to Hakanor's Reavers- failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end!

Counts as Khârn, Warpsmith, 2 squads of 9 Zerkers/champ with powersword, 2 Rhinos, 1 Defiler, 1 Forgefiend, 1 Maulerfiend, Heldrake and a Las/las sponson Predator tank! Blood for the Blood God!

(And a pic for WIP)

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p739/Thymebandit/image2_zps7a63a66b.jpeg

Hi Thymebandit, great to see you participating in the ETL. Unfortunately the doors for new participants closed back in June 15th. But fear not for you can still enjoy the ETL standing to gain eternal glory although you won't be able to help your fellow Traitors. Here's how it works: You can join as an out-of-competition entry.

This means the following:

1. You will not be adding the value of your vows to the Chaos total.

2. Your vow will be recorded in the first page and can wear the Oath of Moment badge if you so wish.

3. You'll be eligible for the "Custos Fidei" badge upon completion (if you make it) or the dreaded "Oath Breaker" badge if you fail. You'll also be eligible for the Badge of the Artisan.

4. You can post your updates in the official ETL thread to give and receive feedback and encourage the Chaos tean to even greater feats of glory. You can also re-vow once your first vow is done.

All in all you'll be able to fully participate and get (and give) the same motivation as the rest of the Chaos team - only thing is you will not contribute your points to the total of the Chaos faction.

I have already included your vow in the first page!

Good luck! smile.png

Archived