+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Sisters of Battle Strategium+++

So I've gotten my minis all primed (manual, not a huge fan of spray) and started on skirt/sleeve basecoat today. I hadn't painted in so long that I forgot how much I enjoy it as meditative, any other updates?

I've got my Repressor nearly converted. ^^; Hopefully will have some time at the weekend to really get down to work.

Are you going to put up an image of it, as I would very much like to see it.

My Seraphim are sprayed up now, should be able to get some painting done this weekend.

I've gotten mine all primed and all the girls have a base coat of scurvy green, and the two tanks have a base coat of green and grey, but haven't had any time this week to paint, been busy with work, school and kids are out for summer now. Maybe more progress next week.

Yes, I'll upload a photo later. smile.png Was going to do it last night, but the camera decided it was dead, lol.

Edit: OK. Not my best photographic effort, lol, but it gets the message across.

I still need to fit the pintle mounting and cladding around the turret recess, but other than that it just needs decorating. smile.png

The Repressor modification can be removed to turn it back into a regular Rhino, incidentally, or be fitted to any MkIIIb Rhino that doesn't have extra detail modelled onto the top.

>> Oh, and the dozer blade. Forgot about that. oops. ^^;

Edit 2, some hours later: Aand.. I forgot to actually include the image there. lol. So since then I've actually finished building the thing and just need to paint it. ^^;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/KaguraHakubi/IK%20and%2040K/My%20Projects/2013ETenebraeLux003_zpsc99f66de.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/KaguraHakubi/IK%20and%2040K/My%20Projects/2013ETenebraeLux004_zpsb11600cc.jpg

We are doing better than I originally thought, but we need more. I really need to get my first vow finished and then I can get set for the majority of my Sisters of Battle army.

Would it be best to make more lower point VOWs or just do one or two high point VOWs? I figured we are not exactly going to get the most points out of everyone, but we can as sure as hell get a 100% completion rate on a high number of VOWs.

Just a thought. This is my first competition like this, so naturally I am quite excited and competitive.

Come on guys and gals, we can do it. smile.png

Why do I feel like I'm going to regret this?

I Naminé answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 3 Battle Sister Units, 2 Rhinos, 1 Immolator, 1 Exorcist, 1 Squad of Dominions, 1 Battle Conclave and 1 Squad of Retributors from the Sisters of Battle codex (White Dwarf) of 1142 points total value on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Order of the Devoted Knife and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p45/quistis333/Image0401_zps2bac9ea4.jpg

As you can see, I need to model the vehicles up, sort out some of the infantry and most of all I need to strip the black undercoat on a bunch of them!

But if I can do this in time, I have more models I can pledge later :p

Reinforcements for the Sisters! Welcome Namine - and good luck! Looks like a challenging task you got there... thumbsup.gif

@ Hanska: Good progress! This is going to be some Jacobus! Great use of parts - and very evocative! thumbsup.gif

Also check out the new cover art, courtesy of The Shadow Guard! Hope you guys like it!

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Wish I would have found this earlier but five weeks of night shifts will muck up nearly everything. But I guess two months should still be enough to get motivated so without further ado...

I, Omega, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 3x Battle Sister Squad (10) with Sister Superior+melta bombs, 1 Flamer and 1 Heavy Flamer + 1 Rhino with searchlights each; 1 Dominion Squad (6) with Sister Superior+melta bombs, 2 Meltaguns + 1 Immolator with seachlights and TL Multi-melta; 2 Exorcists with searchlights (FW-Variant) from WD Codex Sisters of Battle of total value 1033 Points on or before August 15th.
Success will bring eternal glory to Order of the Frozen Heart and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the end of time.

Pictures of proof will become available as soon as the backpacks and FW bits come out of the oven cleaner bath and I can track down my camera, which should be about Wednesday the coming week unless my work schedule changes again...

Archived